I like BEER!

Options
Just wondering if there are any beer drinkers out there and how you drink and keep in line for your calorie intake? Exercise more? Eat less? Any tips? I dont drink every day but when I do, I dont want it to set me back for days either!!

Replies

• capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me to,
    exercise beer is just calories
  • _JeRM
    _JeRM Posts: 4
    Options
    It is quite hard, especially for me (in college & roommate is in a fraternity) to keep beer out of my diet. It is one of the main reasons i got overweight in the past 4 years in college. What I usually do is only drink, if you must, once a week. Only light beer, Miller Light is my personal preference because it is quite low. Try and only drink about 4 AT MOST one night per week.

You might have your own way of doing it, but that's how I have managed to lose weight while still enjoying a few brews every now and again.
  • lea8199
    lea8199 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i only have it once in a while... but when i do is more than one.. i truly dont worry about it.. i like to have a day off to eat whatever i want.. of course, i don't spend all day eating, but if i feel like having a beer i do.. i just keep track of the calories the next day....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my philospohy is drink a few if you want to...dont obsess too much.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    I drink it...just account for it.
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I wonder though if it would make sense to keep tab of your WEEKLY cals , and compensate daily for the one day you drink instead of messing up an entire day???
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    i drink once a week with friends and its usually a large amount of beer...ive never kept track of calories from beer or worried about it and have lost almost 80lbs as long as its not an everyday or every other day habit i think its fine
  • tipyourbartender
    tipyourbartender Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/ <--- that site. It lists all things alcoholic by calories. Have it bookmarked on my phone for when I go out lol :)
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wonder though if it would make sense to keep tab of your WEEKLY cals , and compensate daily for the one day you drink instead of messing up an entire day???

Exactly right! This is the way to do it!
  • lizal76t
    lizal76t Posts: 13
    Options
    I LOVE my beer and wouldn't give it up for anything. I probably only drink one or two nights a week but my trick is to find a nice lager (none fo that light beer nasty junk) and have 2-3 (usually around 200 calories a piece). Since it is only once or twice a week I would rather enjoy the beer and try to exercise a bit more and maybe skip snacks that day. Try Sam Adams Summer Draft, Stella Artois, or Hoegaarden....yummy :)
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    my philospohy is drink a few if you want to...dont obsess too much.
    great philospohy! i dont count my beer calories whenever i decided to indulge. i just enjoy myself and hit the as usual.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I keep tabs on my daily intake but i work mostly of a weekly target. I agree with Ilovemypitbul, drink it if you want it. its the obessing over the minute details thats the devil in the equation
  • mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Maybe not an option for you, but I brew my own beer. This way I know exactly what is going into it. I can control certain things and even add some "healthy" items to give it some sort of nutritional value. For instance, adding fruits in the summer makes for a very refreshing ale. Of course, too much of it is still not a good thing. But now that I brew my own, I doubt I'll ever go back to buying from a store.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I put them in before I drink them or eat dinner. Then I adjust what I plan to eat for dinner!
    :drinker:
  • wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I drink beer I try and stick with low cal/light beers and log it all. My downfall is sugary slushy drinks. I got a Jimmy Buffett Frozen Concoction maker for Christmas. It wasn't so bad in the winter, but now that summer is here it's hard to resist the pina colodas, margeritas and daiquaris when everyone else is drinking them.
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing some 12oz curls this evening.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I exercise. A LOT. I have also been drinking Bud Select 55, it's 55 calories a bottle... It tastes ok (almost like real beer...) and you can drink 3 for the same calories as in a can of coke. If you want good beer or real beer, then just exercise more or fit it into your calories. I believe in moderation, not deprivation.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :drinker: moderation....is only possible when soberish:drinker:
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love freakin beer! I just drink it on the weekends!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I like my beer too. It's camping season.

In the off season, I don't worry about it, I only drink on Friday nights and I account for it and it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

In the on season, I have to cut my calories by a couple hundred per day to about 1600 or 1800 and then don't worry about the drinks and food on Fridays and Saturdays.

I have lost almost 50 pounds since I began tracking, I have lost somewhere in the vicinity of 80 to 90 total.
    Could I have lost more weight by now if I didn't drink beer. Sure. Am I willing to give up beer for weight loss. Not a chance.