I like BEER!

Options

Replies

• DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Drink up! Account for the calories. I personally like Becks Light. Nothing like a good German beer, and only 64 calories...leaves room for the shots of jagermeister!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I usually know ahead of time if we are planning on meeting up with friends for a few beers. I just plan my day accordingly to fit in the beer(s).
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I happen to like Chimay which is a whooping 265 calories a serving. So when I want one I have one but it is very very sparingly. (I think the last time I treated myself was a few months ago) and then I make sure I work it off the next day.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine my life without beer. I just limit it.
    If I know I'm going to binge on it, then I will exercise before I drink. If its accidental (hahaha), then I count it, and sometimes, I will exercise the next day to make up for it.
    This is life. Its never going to be perfect. Stuff is going to happen, so you just have to roll with the punches and move on.
  • davegree77
    Options
    Miller 64 ,,,I save enough calories for at least 3 a night....
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I limit myself...I have 3 or 4 beers and count it in my calories...If I'm drinking that day I burn a few extra calories the day of and the day before. I will NEVER give up my beer...lol:)
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I dont track, however I dont drink as near as much as I want to. But when I do, I will drink 6-8. Have a wonderful brewery here in SPF MO...Mother's Brewing Co. that makes the best beer I have had...no kidding.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    miller lite is 96 calories, Newcastle is 140.. I would rather do a bit of extra time in a gym and have a beer that I enjoy versus drinking typical American light beers. (my personal preference)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/ <--- that site. It lists all things alcoholic by calories. Have it bookmarked on my phone for when I go out lol :)
    bumping this for later!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    On my days of volleyball, football, etc....it's time for a few cold beers that evening ;) If I don't have the calories, I don't drink....usually :P
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Beer is my reward for eating right and working out hard. If I have the calories left I get a couple of beers! My rule is I can't have them until I work out. Total motivation!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Miller 64 ,,,I save enough calories for at least 3 a night....

Ha! My goal is usually to have two a night. If I work out enough to get 3 then bonus!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love beer! I drink it, just fit it in...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I am a beer drinker. I work for a beer distributor. Beer is a big part of my social life! I just make sure I work hard and eat right, and give myself plenty of calories to enjoy a frosty brew.

This weekend I worked out like a fiend so I had 1000 extra calories saved up for Sunday Funday...it's all about balance! Work hard, play hard :drinker:

ETA: I don't waste my time on silly beer. I drink beer because I like the taste. So if that beer I want is a full bodied 200 calorie beer, well, I better have 200 extra calories leftover for it! My beer of choice this past weekend was my fav summertime beer, Imperial...and it was soooo worth it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Never touch the stuff!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would like to drink in Moderation but as yet I have not found a bar/pub called Moderation :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andy
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I am lucky enough to not feel the need to drink at all. If I do and I'm watching what I'm drinking. I do a Jack Daniels and diet coke for my hit.
  • Lidenbrock
    Lidenbrock Posts: 47
    Options
    Exercise more - use the extra calories for drink - it works for me :-)
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'm a home brewer, and i brew in the fall. I like drinking mainly in the winter around the holiday season. Water is my summer beverage of choice. That being said, i only have beer around my house for a few months a year, and only during the months where i expect to gain a little bit.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is tough for me. My boyfriend and I brew our own beer, so I have a tough time figuring out the calories as well. I just compromise and add more exercise for the day or don't let myself snack on the things I usually 'treat' myself to.