Fella's...Long or short hair?

Options

Replies

• slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of girls hide behind their long hair. Once you cut it off, you're exposed and *gasp* you have to develop a personality.

I think all girls should have short hair, at least once in their life. I've had mine short, on and off, since middle school (I've graduated college now). Having experienced both, guys SAY they like the long hair, but I notice I get SO many more phone numbers and dates when I've got the short hair.

Now, is it confidence by being freed from long locks or attractiveness that is the actual cut, that's the question?
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love long hair, never been a fan of short!! Though some girls look fab and sexy with it!!

A few examples of why i dislike it though...

foxy11.jpg
    halle-shor-long-475x350.jpg
    Michelle-Williams.jpg
    Keira-Knightley.jpg
    Rihanna.jpg
    Natalie-Portman.jpg
    Just doesnt work in my opinion! Ive seen quite a few that are gorgeous tho!
    HAYDEN PANETTIERE however-- love her hair both ways!
    Hayden-Panettiere.jpg
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I had long hair and then cut it off for some fun. It was cute, but my husband preferred it longer. So, it is long again. I prefer my hair long too and I like it being pulled. :blushing:

I do believe that some women can carry off a super short cut tho....I just look "cute" with super short hair.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    My hair is too baby fine for it too be long. When I had it long with no bangs, all of it in a ponytail is the width of a large sharpie marker. :( It just doesn't look good long.

So I go the short route rocking the pixie cut. My husband loves it. Why not just go with what looks best, yanno?

Besides some people don't like my tattooos, or my hair, or the way I dress and what matters most is how I feel about how I look. ;-)

You rock! I feel the exat same way. I have wispy angel-hair...I mean right now it is very very pale blonde and it seriously looks like that wispy white stuff people put up around Christmas decorations. I prefer mine short because it looks better (and much more punk rock).
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Why do we care what men like? It's not up to them to decide how we wear it. As an adult woman, I will decide on my appearance, not anyone else -- especially a man who has no clue about anything except beer, boobs, and ball games.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I love long hair, never been a fan of short!! Though some girls look fab and sexy with it!! Unlike this one...

foxy11.jpg

Just doesnt work

You could NOT pick the most unflattering picture of her short hair ever, and at least make it a fair comparison
    Emma-Watson-2011-Vanity-Fair-02.jpg&sa=X&ei=exviT5KFPKb-2QWIhJXDCw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEfMBZ4GeZh-fsizhbSYoKQLJ-3LA

versus

Emma-Watson-Without-Makeup-2011-01.jpg

What do you know, she looks worse with long hair and no make up, too
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Every man I've ever known loves long hair. I recently cut my curly hair to about my collar bone. I love it and so do all the women I know. All the men just keep asking me "Why did you cut your hair?"
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Why do we care what men like? It's not up to them to decide how we wear it. As an adult woman, I will decide on my appearance, not anyone else -- especially a man who has no clue about anything except beer, boobs, and ball games.

Sometimes it's nice to have someone else's opinion. It doesn't mean you have to take it.

Haven't you ever done something incredibly stupid (fashion or beauty wise) and didn't realize it until someone told you? And then you were mortified and thankful for their input?

And, I myself, being a single female, like to know what guys are thinking, even if I don't apply every facet of their ideal woman to my own person. Some guys also know a bit more than just beer, boobs, and ball games, and will give you an honest opinion that often females won't.

Jus' sayin'
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My hair is too baby fine for it too be long. When I had it long with no bangs, all of it in a ponytail is the width of a large sharpie marker. :( It just doesn't look good long.

So I go the short route rocking the pixie cut. My husband loves it. Why not just go with what looks best, yanno?

Besides some people don't like my tattooos, or my hair, or the way I dress and what matters most is how I feel about how I look. ;-)

You rock! I feel the exat same way. I have wispy angel-hair...I mean right now it is very very pale blonde and it seriously looks like that wispy white stuff people put up around Christmas decorations. I prefer mine short because it looks better (and much more punk rock).

Yep, I think girls that are edgy and bad *kitten* (punk rock) look great with short hair. Or half short and half long!!! I could never carry that off. :sad:
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I love long hair, never been a fan of short!! Though some girls look fab and sexy with it!!

foxy11.jpg
    Michelle-Williams.jpg
    Keira-Knightley.jpg
    Rihanna.jpg
    Natalie-Portman.jpg
    Hayden-Panettiere.jpg
    ^ my post but.....

Who do you think looks good with short or both? :)
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I love long hair, never been a fan of short!! Though some girls look fab and sexy with it!! Unlike this one...

foxy11.jpg

Just doesnt work

You could NOT pick the most unflattering picture of her short hair ever, and at least make it a fair comparison
    Emma-Watson-2011-Vanity-Fair-02.jpg&sa=X&ei=exviT5KFPKb-2QWIhJXDCw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEfMBZ4GeZh-fsizhbSYoKQLJ-3LA

versus

Emma-Watson-Without-Makeup-2011-01.jpg

What do you know, she looks worse with long hair and no make up, too

I still think shes pretty here without make-up :)

I just grabbed loads off a website- werent purposely
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ps... An She doesn't mind me messing it up.... :tongue:
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    I had really short hair, and it was very, very sexy. I was single in those days, and got more guys and more compliments that way than with long hair. Short hair exudes confidence which is the sexiest accessory a lady can have...and there's still something to hang on to unless it's buzzed, so that argument is null and void. If you have the right face, short hair is beautiful.
  • hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options

foxy11.jpg
    Michelle-Williams.jpg
    Keira-Knightley.jpg
    Rihanna.jpg
    Natalie-Portman.jpg
    Hayden-Panettiere.jpg
    ^ my post but.....

Who do you think looks good with short or both? :)

Long
    Short
    Long
    Short
    Short
    Short
    Long
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Bieber is a little girl-ish ...

Touché
  • Louise1247
    Options
    I had really short hair, and it was very, very sexy. I was single in those days, and got more guys and more compliments that way than with long hair. Short hair exudes confidence which is the sexiest accessory a lady can have...and there's still something to hang on to unless it's buzzed, so that argument is null and void. If you have the right face, short hair is beautiful.

Definitely! Im jealous of those who can pull it off cus it means they have the perfect face to pul off anything! AND model agencies pay crap loads for them!!

I feel more confident with my hair down and free though- makes me feel sexy!

Its not a matter of SHORT OR LONG its a matter of what suits the individual it is on and whether they feel good in their skin! <3
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Long live short hair! I think that in general it has more personality and really accentuates the face. Right now my hair is short, asymmetrical, and cotton-candy pink. My fiance loves it too, so not all guys like long hair, people! And even if he did prefer long hair, I don't expect my SO to change his appearance to whatever I want and therefore I'm not going to change myself just because of what he wants either. I just happen to have found one of the few guys in the world that likes short hair and frequent changes of color.

Also, big LOL at all the guys who are like "women always look like dudes when they have really short hair." Hooray for outdated standards of appearance and stereotypes! Everybody has their preferences but there's no need to be a jerk about it and overgeneralize.
  • stormguy
    stormguy Posts: 24
    Options
    As a guy, most certainly longer is better. Personally, I think past the shoulders is a great length. To me there is such a thing as too long though, it loses its practicality. There's something to be said about being able to smother your face in a woman's hair, or feel it glide over your body in those passionate moments!

Honestly, I hope the "trendy" pixie cut dies a horrible death, and soon. Emma Watson is a perfect example. Thought she was absolutely gorgeous with long hair, I wouldn't give a second glance with the pixie cut.

Of course it is all personal preference, but most guys I know prefer the femininity that long hair on a woman exudes.

An equal question (haven't read through the thread yet, so not sure if it has been asked), what about men? I know it's not 80's rock band days, but what do women these days think of guys with long hair?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers long hair because he likes it to be in his face. Know what I'm sayin'!!! :devil:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Who do you think looks good with short or both?

Well, they all look *good* since they're professionals that earn their living on their looks.

To me, all of them look *better* with the longer cuts. Except for the last one, because the short cut isn't that short to be boyish.