I wanted a quarter pounder and fries. I had an apple.

Score one more for will power.

:cry:

*hungry and whiney in Texas*

Jeanne

Replies

• lwboyack
    lwboyack Posts: 14 Member
    you go girl
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Shoulda had that quarter pounder with fries if that's what you wanted...now you're hungry and crying! In my opinion, it's okay to splurge *sometimes*....I have McDonalds (or where ever else) sometimes and I don't beat myself up about it. I have my yummy, bad-for-you meal, and move on to better things. Just do better the rest of the day. I don't deprive myself of the things I like all the time....everything in moderaiton!! :)
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    Shoulda had that quarter pounder with fries if that's what you wanted...now you're hungry and crying! In my opinion, it's okay to splurge *sometimes*....I have McDonalds (or where ever else) sometimes and I don't beat myself up about it. I have my yummy, bad-for-you meal, and move on to better things. Just do better the rest of the day. I don't deprive myself of the things I like all the time....everything in moderaiton!! :)
  • jeanzbeanz
    Very true. But, for me it's a very slippery slope. Hell, it's a full on slip-n-slide that goes on forever.

I am tryin....
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    good for you!
    but an apple instead? haha I'd still be hungry.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 196 Member
    Congrats!!!! Sometimes we crave things that we don't really want. Your body will thank you later!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Score one more for will power.

:cry:

*hungry and whiney in Texas*

Jeanne

Nice!:smile:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Sucks to be you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    If you continue to deny yourself, you might end up gorging. Why not have the burger and fries and follow it with a jog?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Burger or not, if you wanted a meal and replaced that with AN APPLE of course you're hungry. You should have had a meal.
  • jeanzbeanz
    No, didn't replace an entire meal. My former self would have had the burger/fries as a snack!

The apple was just to curb the mid-afternoon munchies.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    good for you!
    but an apple instead? haha I'd still be hungry.

yeah, I'd at least have to have a turkey sandwich and cottage cheese with that apple.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    well you could have compromised and had the burger or the fries and not eat both lol. I do that a lot I think which do I want more and I have it and still stay within my calories goal. But I also have cheat days from time to time :}
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No, didn't replace an entire meal. My former self would have had the burger/fries as a snack!

Burger and fries is a meal. You wanted a meal. Instead you had a piece of fruit.
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Awwww... I know how you feel. Maybe make your own burger at home with lean meat next time?? I try to do that when I crave "bad" things... I will try and make a healthier version at home.
  • jeanzbeanz
    I am trying my best.
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    I do that as well.
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    One meal at a time =]
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    That is what I call a job well done...congrats!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member

Burger and fries is a meal. You wanted a meal. Instead you had a piece of fruit.

I think what she was saying is that, she was only craving the taste of the hamburger and fries, but would have eaten the whole thing previously, and THEN went home and had dinner too.. I've been there. If an apple was all it keep her full until she eats dinner, what's the issue??