I wanted a quarter pounder and fries. I had an apple.

2»

Replies

• jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    I always want a quarter pounder with cheese or a big mac. Guess what I am from Texas and my name is Jeanne. Were twinkies.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    If you're going to have a burger better make it a great one, not one from Micky D's.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 428 Member
    No, didn't replace an entire meal. My former self would have had the burger/fries as a snack!

The apple was just to curb the mid-afternoon munchies.

I totally get this! Good job!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Hmmmm... an apple is certainly not sustaining by any means!

If I were hungry enough for a 1/4 pounder and fries... I would have to at least have a sandwich of some sort with the apple!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    I think you did great, and you deserve to give yourself kudos for making a healthy choice, if all your body really needed was a snack. If you are still hungry 15 minutes later, I would recommend something with protein. Sometimes a cabot 50 calorie sharp cheddar cheese wedge is a good solution for me.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Great self control! Over time I bet that apple will become what you look forward to!
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    well done :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i woulda got the qp, no fries, no bread.

or, 2 mcdoubles on a bed of shredded lettuce with mayo, no cheese, extra pickles.. mmm heaven. id eat it everyday if i could.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    What about something with protein instead? (more filling) For example, low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese with carrot sticks, hummus (chick pea dip) and carrot sticks, low fat crackers and low fat cheese? I also find hot drinks (i.e. decaf coffee in my case) help me feel fuller.

But very well done! Keep up the good work, on step at a time.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member

If I were hungry enough for a 1/4 pounder and fries... I would have to at least have a sandwich of some sort with the apple!

But I don't even have to be hungry to want a hamburger.. they are one of my weaknesses and I'll eat a whole one even if I'm not hungry.
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    if you go over in calories, i know your not supposed to do this... but roll the calories over onto the next day, and eat healthier the next day... does that count as MFP cheating? its what i do when i eat mdonalds LOL :D
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    The apple was to tide me over until dinner - grilled salmon (or swai) and a salad of mixed greens.

The hubs and I are trying to curb fast food as much as possible in favor of home-cooked (we aren't always successful). He's had one heart attack - so it's not just about weight anymore.
  • LErkman
    LErkman Posts: 20 Member

But I don't even have to be hungry to want a hamburger.. they are one of my weaknesses and I'll eat a whole one even if I'm not hungry.

I agree, burgers are a weakness of mine too. I don't have to be hungry to want one at all! I would stuff myself silly when all I would need is a snack.
    Great will power! To help curb the hunger maybe finding a low cal snack with some protien will help. It will last longer than the apple, but good job for not going with the burger and fries!
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    If you're going to have a burger better make it a great one, not one from Micky D's.

Agreed! Try 5 guys burgers and fries. Or, if youre in the right area, in and out burgers.:love:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Good for you for taking the better food choice but I'd have added some peanut butter or something to help make that a little more filling... To help curb that hunger pangs.. Make it feel a little like a treat.
    I too cant do anything in moderation only because of how my body processes things. So I really appreciate the smart choice.. Just think you are one more meal closer to goal instead of a couple of steps backwards.. Good for you
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member

Agreed! Try 5 guys burgers and fries. Or, if youre in the right area, in and out burgers.:love:

I don't care for 5 guys, but I loved In and Out while I was out in CA.. over here in AL, we have Cheeburger Cheeburger, and it is awesome! Now I want a hamburger!!