OMG lifting heavy made me so bulky!!

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Bump, because everyone should see this and also because you're awesome.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    i do actually know one girl who bulks up huge when she lifts. SHe has naturally high testosterone. But she doesn't need to work out at all...she's got like 2% BF. Her abs pop and her muscles are super defined...and she doesn't work out. at. all.

I ENVY her.

There is no possible way that anybody can have 2% body fat. Not even a man.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    So happy to see another lifting success story - keep up the good work! You look fab!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Your legs are fuarking awesome.
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i do actually know one girl who bulks up huge when she lifts. SHe has naturally high testosterone. But she doesn't need to work out at all...she's got like 2% BF. Her abs pop and her muscles are super defined...and she doesn't work out. at. all.

I ENVY her.

no wonder my mom has almost as big of arms as my brothers! haha, my whole family has naturally high testosterone...(maybe not as much as you are describing)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Looking great honey. Keep at it
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Cheers, fellow lifter!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    :heart: !!!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I was lifting heavy before I became disabled, it really helped me burn calories and keep toned when losing weight. Then I was hit by FXTAS (think MS meets mild Parkinsons) and I can't lift hardly at all without tremendous fatigue and pain:( PLUS due to less activity and emotional eating, I re-gained all the weight that I had fought so hard to lose plus another 20lbs:( . I still work out with small weights and even then I have to be very careful and spread a tiny workout over the day. I really miss working out with higher weights. I never looked like an amazon and I have higher testosterone in my body naturally and a large body frame. I really loved doing "Body for Life" back then...
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting for the hotness win!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Loving it! You look fab. :drinker:
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    your legs...OMG
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nice one Heidi!!! x
  • Steen_bean
    Steen_bean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I actually look better when I lift heavy and do zero cardio hahah.... eat good and lift heavy!! i dont think you need cardio unless you want the RIDICULOUSLY shredded look. but me, nah i dont need 2 hrs of cardio per day thanks :) haha

How do we get into lifting? Like I dont want to attempt it myself and have the wrong form and kill myself. Any tips? Or suggestions? Or anything? lol
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I actually look better when I lift heavy and do zero cardio hahah.... eat good and lift heavy!! i dont think you need cardio unless you want the RIDICULOUSLY shredded look. but me, nah i dont need 2 hrs of cardio per day thanks :) haha

How do we get into lifting? Like I dont want to attempt it myself and have the wrong form and kill myself. Any tips? Or suggestions? Or anything? lol
    Look for a strength coach. Sadly most personal trainers in the commercial gyms I have come across, steer their clients straight to the machine.

I would suggest you buy "Starting Strength" and look into the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Regarding not doing cardio. If you really want to get lean you're going to have to do cardio. Period.

The very few who don't have to do cardio are not on this board.
  • Steen_bean
    Steen_bean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I looove my cardio. I swim every morning and I do another form of cardio each day. (Except lately with exam study). I will have a look into that book.
    Thank you heaps :)
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    getting bulky is a function of diet, not exercise/lifting...just for the record
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look great
    plus you get to eat like a boss
    I love it :)
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you buy "Starting Strength" and look into the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Regarding not doing cardio. If you really want to get lean you're going to have to do cardio. Period.

And why is that?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

And why is that?
    There are multiple points in what I said. I can only assume you're talking about ALL of them so I will break each one down.

1. While it's best to learn from a qualified trainer, "Starting Strength" is detailed enough to help anyone learn how to lift properly. 2. The Stronglifts website is very detailed and has tons of articles and videos on how to perform the squat, bench, over press, row. The real lifts that actually count.
    3. As I stated before, very view can get away with doing no cardio and getting really lean. The rest of us are going to have to suffer with doing some extra form of cardio outside of weight training. Oh, and I don't mean walking.

Clear enough for you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!