Camping

Options
13»

Replies

• kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went camping this past weekend and his list was the same as your husbands. I packed almonds to snack on instead of chips, and chicken breast that i stuck on a stick after and ate it like a kabob. It was really good!
  • crystallambeth
    crystallambeth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can i just ask please what a s'more is?

omg..totally delish!! graham cracker on top & bottom..in the middle a big marshmellow & a piece of hersheys chocolate bar..heat & squish!!!!!!

what a great post!!! im going camping friday & really wondered what some healthier food options would be!! i hope to *balance* it out with my friend & i chasing 4 kiddos under 5years old around..hiking..swimming!!! can.not wait!!! :)
  • HC82
    HC82 Posts: 22
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today! I am planning on doing a lot of camping this summer and I was trying to brainstorm ways to not survive on hot dogs, chips and beer all weekend. Because I want to go every weekend, camping cannot equal cheat days or I'll be in a real mess.

My ideas were:

Oats/Fruit for breakfast instead of bacon and eggs
    Lots of salads and fresh veggies for munching on
    Chicken skewers would be easy to cook - up, and they are always good in a pita with veggies and a bit of tzatziki
    Grain salads of some sort could be made before and then brought for easy lunches - the new Bon Appetite had a cold quinoa salad that looks delish (I'll grab the recipe if anyone wants it)

I'm new around here so if any campers want to add me to keep accountable, feel free!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    fish! Just double bag it so the rest of the cooler doesn't smell like fish! But easy to wrap in aluminum foil and toss in the fire for a few minutes!

And hike. If you burn 300 extra calories hiking, there's your 2 s'mores ;-)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Can i just ask please what a s'more is?

omg..totally delish!! graham cracker on top & bottom..in the middle a big marshmellow & a piece of hersheys chocolate bar..heat & squish!!!!!!

Thanks. That does sound rather nice :)