Beginners Walking Challenge Session 3

Options

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hehehehe :laugh: Everyone on here walks so much faster and futher than I do. I felt good after I walked 1 mile @ 2-2.5 mph for 32 min. on the treadmill, slightly uphill I might add , :wink:

Way to go, Donna! We all start somewhere, you know! Right after back surgery a few years back, I was happy to be doing 1.0 mph--what an accomplishment! I think that as long as you're challenging yourself and competing with yourself to improve your own self, then you're doing great!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!:flowerforyou: Sounds like everyone is pumped for the new challenge, :smile: I know I am. Today I pushed myself and rode my bike 5 miles in 45 minutes and walked a mile in 15 minutes at lunchtime. I had a really good dinner. 3 ounces of boneless very, very lean pork. about 4 tbs. Knor vegetable soup mix, 2 cup raw cabbage, 1/4 cup green pepper, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, 1/2 cup frozen spinach, and about 4 baby carrots. I put it all in my Tupperware Cooker and put in the micro-wave for app. 20 min. 380 calories and yummy. :tongue: Hope all have a wonderful evening. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: drink that water
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Got in 6115 steps today. My pedometer says that's 2 miles. Still haven't had a formal walk - but I've just been running around in circles the last few days.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Good morning walkers!

Sounds like everyone is doing great so far! I'm going to for a walk in just a few moments:smile: ...looks like I don't have the day off any longer...picked up a shift...so I'll have to cut my walk to about a half hour.

It looks like a beautiful day here in PA! How's the weather where you guys live???
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers, I'm getting ready to walk out the door for my 5 mile walk. I hope everyone has a great day! Get those walking shoes on everyone. GO-GO-GO !!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I didn't walk this morning, school started so it was crazy at this house. Rode my bike for 7 miles though in 30 minutes. Hoping to get a walk in after the kid's church group tonight!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I just got home from work alittle bit a go and hopefully my feet will quit hurting long enough so I can get some walking in on the treadmill. I have been on my feet for 9 hours and these puppies are screaming at me :grumble: :laugh:

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy: I walked 45 minutes tonite. Part of it was across the full width of the parking lot at the grocery store in 101 degree heat. It may not seem like much to some people but six months ago I COULDN'T walk for 10 minutes in the grocery store because my knees and back hurt so bad, to say nothing of the breathing.:laugh: And walking across a parking lot was not even in the realm of possibility.
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Good morning everyone.:flowerforyou: Just thought I'd stop by and say hi.:smile: Did you notice the new picture? :noway: I came across it when I was looking for something and decided to post it for a couple days. That was me a cou[ple years ago.:frown: I am taping it to the fridge to remind me that I never want to be that big again. :wink: Everyone have a great day and remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water, Rosemary
  • donna56
    Options
    Good morning all! It's raining out and makes for a lazy day, but I woke up feeling great about myself! I have to go into work today at 1 pm so my agenda for this morning is to drink a couple cups of coffee, eat my 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup of 2% milk, and jump onto the treadmill. :smile: I got on the scale this morning and it said I lost another 6 oz! I'll take anything as long as it's going down. :laugh:

208998.png
  • donna56
    Options
    anybody know why my tracker is not showing up? It's there but it's blank.

208998.png

I am a dummy! :blushing: I didn't paste it I guess :smile:

Well I checked my post and it still isn't there! :angry:

I'm confused, now it's there!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    walked/jogged/ran yesterday for about 30 mins. I'm going to again today, hopefully longer...it's raining right now so hopefully I can go out a little later.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    went for a walk today for almost an hour. :happy:
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Good evening Everyone:flowerforyou: Congratulations Amanda 7 miles in 30 minutes :drinker: I wish I could ride longer:huh: My bike is over 50 years old ( ALMOST AS OLD AS ME) and where I live the road is full of pot holes and rocks so by the time I ride 45 minutes my butt is screaming for me to stop:laugh: I know this started out as a walking challenge and I am hoping to go hiking this weekend:wink: I love nothing more than to commune with nature and walk, walk, walk.
    Hope all have a wonderful Friday and this weekend remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers :flowerforyou: 4 miles walked for me today as well as the 30 day shred and 1 hour of swimming. :smile: Have a great night. Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    For me, yesterday was a really nice, high-intensity trip on the elliptical for 36 minutes. Nothing like pushing yourself hard to start the day!

Good luck to you all today and have a great weekend, everyone! TGIF!!!!!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Cindy, that ticker just keeps moving! WTG!!!

Took yesterday off, it was hectic with the kids and I just didn't exercise. Walked / jogged 3 miles today, tokk my 9 year old with me and so it was slower, but it is so good for her. 411 calories burnt in an hour.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    well I fully intended on walking for about an hour today, but it's been raining all day. It stopped for a bit (which is when I decided to go out) and then it started pouring, so I went back bc I didn't want to be soaked. I did however get in a 16 min walk lol I went pretty far...maybe almost a mile.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello walkers :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is having a great day ! I walked 3 miles this morning. I work from 4-8pm tonight and after work I have to go shopping. I hope everyone has a great weekend ! Cindy :heart:
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello

Look like a GREAT group!! Can I join in? I wont be getting in a formal walk tomorrow, but will put on my pedometer and count steps and post.