Beginners Walking Challenge Session 3

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Everybody is welcome!!! Come walk with us!
  • osucowgirl
    Options
    178390.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

trying this out. Hope it works. Will promise to you all that I will begin to walk and track my time and weight loss.
    OK State Cowgirl

Start 8-28-09
    Starting Wt. 214.6
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome OSUCOWGIRL It is good to see a fellow Okie here.

You will really like this site. It really does make a difference in your success.

Good Luck on meeting all your goals
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I didn't do my treadmill walking today, but we were so busy at work, I probably got more of a work out :smile: I am off for the next 2 days so it will the treadmill for sure tomorrow and some crunches using my excercise ball. Also, I have a question. If I get some 3 lb dumb bells, will that make me not have the flab in my arms? I really don't want that flab. Any suggestions?

Donna
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Just walked three and a half miles, walked and run with my mom, two daughters and my friend. Took an hour but 451 calories burnt! WOO-HOO!!!

Hope everybody has a great Saturday, remember we can do this and we are worth it!!!
  • donna56
    Options
    Just walked three and a half miles, walked and run with my mom, two daughters and my friend. Took an hour but 451 calories burnt! WOO-HOO!!!

Hope everybody has a great Saturday, remember we can do this and we are worth it!!!

WTG!!!!:wink:

I just finished my treadmill walking and did alittle more then normal.
    I walked 40 mins. instead of 30,
    I burnt 36 more calories then I did the last time,
    I walked 1/4 more of a mile then the last time

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I havent logged on in a while but am making a goal for myself to start tracking everyday! I decided to start walking and just looged in and saw your posts here, is it too late to join?? Im at work today, Walked 20 minutes out of my 30 min lunch and walked 10 minutes on my break this morning...Alot more than I usually do. :blushing: I forgot to turn my pedometer on so im not sure how many steps I walked....

I have alot of weight to lose, and sometimes the hill seems like I'll never get over it, but I need to make a commitment to myself...I dont want to die plain and simple...Im getting scared...Im getting winded, hard walking up the steps, i am totally sedentary and refuse to be like this anymore!!

I hope you dont mind me joining!! I look forward to having walking buddies:happy:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Chubsternomore, you are off to a great start! Congratulations on being more active!
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Thanks Amanda! It's hard to stop being a couch potato....lol...but I think its starting to be even harder being fat!! I cant wait to feel what it's like to lose my first 50 lbs and have it gone!!! :glasses:
  • donna56
    Options
    Welcome aboard :smile:
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks Amanda!

Chubsternomore That 1st step is the hardest, way to go on your commitment!

I did yard work most of the morning, up to 9616 steps for Sat so far. Hope to get some TM (treadmill) time in tomorrow.
  • everyday
    Options
    My Saturday steps 11380.

Happy Sunday everyone :smile:
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, Checking in... I walked on Monday 30 mins, Wednesday 30 mins and Thursday 45 minutes :smile:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:flowerforyou: WTG everyone walking away those pounds.:smile: I didn't get to go on my hike this weekend:cry: Had to do yard work. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes pulling weeds and picking up trash :noway: I didn't realize how many calories you burn just doing yard work. I'm sure I burned even more than it said because it was so darn hot out and I was sweating like a pig:laugh: Went to 2 flea markets today and walked around for about an hour. Bought a really cute size 16 just to see if it would fit (it only cost a dollar) I think another 10 lbs aught to do it. ( a little tight in the chest)Came home cooked and then rode my bike 6 miles in 45 minutes. Again sweating like a pig and extremely tired. Tomorrow is weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed for at least a pound. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday evening:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Rosemary
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:drinker: Today was weigh in :happy: All that bike riding and walking paid off:flowerforyou: 2 lbs. gone.(Hopefully forever) Gotta get to work ,everyone have a wonderful Monday, Rosemary
  • donna56
    Options
    Good Morning all. My treadmill walking is helping me loose weight and making me feel pretty good also.

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Just got back from a wonderful walk, took a different route. 45 minutes, 315 calories burnt, my house is on a major hill and I walked up it. Whew!

Happy walking everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • everyday
    Options
    Hey all :smile:

For Sunday I did 30 mins on the TM (teadmill) & 14705 steps for the day!

Any Jillian Michael -Shredders in this group?? A group is starting out tomorrow, come & join!!
  • emmie110
    Options
    I went to the gym with my daughter tonight. Did 2 miles on the treadmill and my pedometer hit 10,042 today. I usually only walk 1 mile so I hope I can move tomorrow. I hope everyone else is having a great week. :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I went for a 45 minute walk this evening after work. This new job may have a LOT of ugly stress with it:grumble: but at least I always get off in time to go for a walk, AND I get home in time for dinner with the family.:happy: That hasn't happened in nearly three years.