I seem like the only chick...

Options

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Not a goal of mine..I just want to fit into something that is flattering and shows off the girls. To look better to myself in the mirror. Have more confidence. Be a better role model for my children!
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Also, I say I want to be beach ready/bikini ready, but I wear a skirt. I have the royal blue one from VS.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/extra-coverage-bottoms-and-one-pieces/skirted-bottom-forever-sexy?ProductID=32517&CatalogueType=OLS

I wear them for catching some rays at my sister's private pool when no one except her children are around.
    If I go to the beach, I wear a cover up.
    Even after losing weight, I still am uncomfortable wearing a 2 piece & it's not about my size, but my age!

After a certain age, I think women should go for the flattering look over the skimpy choices.
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    One pieces aren't comfortable for me. So hell yeah I'm going to rock that bikini I got ;)

:P
    You go. :)
    Youre not the only chick who is focused on the health aspect... Heart disease runs in my family and I don't want to get my first heart attack at the age of 35. The looks are extra motivation, but I still rock my bikini at about 30 pounds overweight, so I can't say I have let my weight impact anything I want to do, or wear, in life. As for a cougar attacking you- you are lucky that animal prints are in this year! :o) Just be happy and healthy with yourself, do what you want this lifetime because we only get one shot at this life. <3

Very well said. Love the confidence girly.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I have lots of vanity goals. And some fitness ones. I'll never have a "perfect bikini body" but that won't stop me from wearing a retro high waist one when I feel comfortable. Stretch marks came with puberty for me, I'm not going to let them stop me from going out in a swimsuit. I have them on my arms, breasts and my stomach.

I personally think anyone can go for it. You don't have to go out in a super tiny sting bikini.
  • Beleren
    Options
    After a certain age, I think women should go for the flattering look over the skimpy choices.

There are 40 year olds who rock a bikini better than some 20 year olds. Lifestyle>age. (Unless we get into extremes) :P
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sheesh! The only way I'm getting into a two-piece is if I double up on my TYR racerback tanks! :noway:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Honestly, even if I had Gisele Bundchen body I still won't wear a bikini. I am very shy, and walking around in public without a lot of clothes is not my thing.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit... I don't find bikinis to be modest and wouldn't wear one even if I would "look good" in one... I don't even like traditional one piece suits because I find them immodest... no matter how skinney I am....

I don't like "advertising" what isn't for sale :)
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Exactly!!
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    I do want to rock a bikini, but being HEALTHY is definitely a top reason I want to do this! Just because all the older people in my family... well.. aren't! I don't want to go down that road :)
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I was just one of the lucky ones to get ginormous with three pregnancies and not have any stretxh marks, so a bonus was a bikini for me. doesnt mean you cant ROCK a one piece! There are beautiful one pieces out there now! You go get it girl!!!
  • Beleren
    Options

Exactly!!

The whole point of your thread seems very judgmental.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a fan of bikinis. Even if I had the body and the courage to wear one, I would feel too self conscious with so much skin showing to enjoy myself. Unless it was a higher athletic style top, and a bottom that actually covers my whole butt. Most of em look like wedgies.

My vanity goal is to fit into my blue chinese style dress again.
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    I'd love to rock the 2-piece, but my chest hair gets tangled in the straps.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    You're not alone I'm looking to get healthy too. Like everyone I would like to look good for my age but it is not my first goal.
  • Beleren
    Options
    I'd love to rock the 2-piece, but my chest hair gets tangled in the straps.

I'd like the see that :)
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Exactly!!

Judgmental.

Everyone judges, its human nature.
  • Beleren
    Options

I think your words through the whole thread speak for themselves.

Enough said. :)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Exactly!!

Judgmental.

I totally just judged you. :blushing:
  • kale_powered
    kale_powered Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone, as this thread has shown. For me, I can't ever imagine wearing a bikini. I always have a pear-shaped figure, whether I am 120 lbs or 180 lbs. I find bikinis really unattractive on my figure, but the retro one-pieces accentuate curves in a flattering way and look phenomenal on me. I have a tankini that I got for a decent price for now, but once I'm done fluctuating in size so much I plan to splurge on a nice one-piece. :)