I seem like the only chick...

Options

Replies

• shanjen27
    shanjen27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    <---My husband took this pic of me just last week at a waterpark. We were there with our 2 kids & I have to say it felt pretty good to rock a bikini because I work my tail off! So to be out & proud was an accomplishment to me (a vane one, but still an accomplishment :tongue: ) I do however, find all types of women's bodies beautiful & there are some sexy one piece swim suits out there. If you find a suit that flatters your body type & makes you feel confident, then that is all that matters.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't like "advertising" what isn't for sale :)
    So get a burqa. What a disgusting and insulting thing to say.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    All power to those ladies who can rock a bikini, I don't think that is ever gunna be an option for me. I just want to look fab in a dress and be able to buy sexy lingerie that fits.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a baby but I probably will never wear a bikini, even at my goal weight. We will see how I feel then but its very unlikely given my personality.
    I do "get it" that girls want to feel sexy and proud of their bodies. I have a few backless shirts but I have a hard time wearing them cause I feel naked. I also get more looks and that makes me uncomfortable too. I can only imagine how Id feel in skimpies. So, not for me. haha
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had converstion at the lake about bikini's that went like this.
    We got married at 18, you wore a string bikini. HOTT!
    15 years later, you wore a 1 peice. Still Hott!
    23 years later, dress? your wearing a dress! when the wife came out in the one peice with a skirt made on it,lol. And yes my wife is Still Hott!

A little laughter for you all, I hope!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't want to wear a bikini either...the bottom is just not modest enough for me. I do want to wear a bikini top though, with long boy shorts on the bottom. I have had 3 kids but have no stretch marks on my belly at all. Once I get to my goal weight and have a flat stomach, you bet I'm showing it off! LOL
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    You aren't the only one! Would I like to be "bikini ready"? Yeah, I guess so. But...I won't ever wear a bikini!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with a one-piece no matter how much I lose.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a bikini just to see what it's like. My husband actually perfers one piece suits on women. I have a retro pin-up style one ths year and he thinks it's super hot. The last/only time I wore a bikini was the summer after 7th grade. This is the one I want to wear, I love this look. I have stretch marks from two big babies, ha.
    http://www.unique-vintage.com/best-seller-vintage-inspired-swimsuit-style-black-polka-bikini-p-2368.html
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    No bikini for me either...

I've lost 115+ pounds and didn't start working out until after I had lost the first 80 pounds. Way (WAY) to much extra skin to be seen in a bikini! :laugh:

But... I have no problem with a one piece swimsuit. :happy:
  • megan24209
    megan24209 Posts: 23
    Options
    I will NEVER wear a bikini again!! Not only because I have had two kids, but because of the scar that runs the length of my stomach due to the surgery after my car accident.
    I learned (the hard way) that exposing the scar to the sun only causes it to swell & itch because the skin is still tender (even after 23 years) & I will also not take the chance of getting melanoma (which I've had before) from getting a bad sunburn.
    So once I reach my goal weight, I will be showing my new body off in a 1-piece from now on.

I have a similar situation in that I have scars from surgery that cannot be exposed to the sun.. So pretty much I have to always wear a shirt when I go out and can never expose my back or shoulders.. Not even tank tops!.. I feel kinda left out because I love all the cute bikinis. And it's especially hard because where I live is 110-115'F in the summer. But all well!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I did not have it as my main goal, but when I got there I did buy a hot pink string bikini to sun on my deck in. It is nice to know I could wear it in public, not necessarily to rock anyone's world (I am a bit old for that) but to know I wouldn't offend anyone if i did. LOL PS: DH likes it.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nope it's not something that appeals to me :)

I find them far too skimpy and in my head it's the same as walking around in your underwear....

Fair play to anyone that chooses to wear them though.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Heres what I am going to ware when I hit my beach weight. Oh yeah full of awesome!:laugh:
    y5JT7.jpg
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Firstly, this post happened last week. So clearly you are not the only one. Secondly, it is summer (at least in the US/Canada). That means summer sports -- swimming, boating, etc -- are on everyone's minds. Thirdly, why the heck does it matter to you if other people want to wear bikinis? I can think of no reason but jealousy, which isn't attractive on anyone.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't like "advertising" what isn't for sale :)
    So get a burqa. What a disgusting and insulting thing to say.
    [/quote

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a 'disgusting' thing to say... why else would you wear a bikini in public unless you were perfectly at ease with everyone seeing the majority of your body (not that there is anything wrong with people that choose to do that) ?

I think it is bad wording perhaps but in a way I tend to agree... you are exhibiting an awful lot of yourself to be ogled
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am way past the bikini stage and I just really want to stay healthy at this point in my life.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've always been painfully self conscious and uncomfortable in bikinis, even back in my "thinner" days, when I looked (in hindsight) pretty dang good in one...

I put on a normal 1 piece yesterday to take my son to a water park, and threw a pair of little shorts over the bottom (He's a preschooler, so I do a lot of bending, stooping, and lifting) And I was comfortable in that. 28 pounds ago, I would not have been.

Still, I kind of would like to put one on and think... look at that, this looks good.. but being I've never done that before.. I don't know if it will ever happen.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    A 26 year old should not be thinking, "I'm no spring chicken anymore"! That's just not right. You are still a spring chicken. As for the bikini, you're right. It's all about confidence and self-esteem. It's about being comfortable in your own skin. We all have different levels of comfort.

BTW, I think you're beautiful. If I didn't, I wouldn't tell you that every morning! LOL
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I also, have no desire to wear a bikini. I personally like one-piece suits better. When I was a teenager, I did wear a bikini. I remember it was lime green with white polka-dots. But, those days are gone - Can't "rock" that anymore! :cry: