The hassle of drinking plain water

Options

Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I drink wylers (all day every day lol) I love it! On the same shelf you buy your wylers there are very similar drinks, such as the hawian punch drinks that are also 5calories pretty much everything on that shelf (except cool aid) is low cal (at my grocery store anyways) and there are many different flavors of wylers.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend any sugar free drink mixes. they are LOADED with chemicals. seriously, why would you want to put that crap in your body?

I use the crystal light pure mixed berry, which unlike most crystal light mixes, does not have aspertame (or sucralose). It has a bit of sugar, and 15 calories per serving. Each pack makes 2 servings. The mixed berry is really good.

I've been concerned about this since I drin'k wylers and it's sugar free... thanks for the info I might be picking this up.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of drinking water. It gets boring and bland, and 8 cups a day is a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tasting low calorie drink mixes. I already use the Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade mix and I love it, but I want to mix it up so that I don't get bored with that too. If anyone knows of any other drink mixes that aren't bad can you let me know.

I really like crystal light to go ( all flavors), Hawaiian punch grape, and the MIO.
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of drinking water. It gets boring and bland, and 8 cups a day is a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tasting low calorie drink mixes. I already use the Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade mix and I love it, but I want to mix it up so that I don't get bored with that too. If anyone knows of any other drink mixes that aren't bad can you let me know.

I think crystal light can be AMAZING! Ten calories for a tiny pouch. I put two in a 32 ounce bottle of water and i have a flavorful drink for about 20 calories and i am satisfied and I get water intake without really tasting the "blandness" you speak of. Oh and they are affordable. it is like 2 dollars for a pack of 7 to ten or you can get a container of it for a little more i think.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    PROPEL FITNESS WATER. It's super.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. For me plain water has to be ice cold or I can't drink it...something about the texture? (Yes, I know I have issues! lol) To take care of my oddity, I cut up lemons, tangelos, whatever citrus fruit I have available in the fridge, then I add mint and water into a gallon pitcher that I keep in my fridge and let it "soak" overnight. Then I drink off it all day the next day. No matter if it gets warm, the little bit of flavor there allows me to keep drinking it without freaking out. :o)
  • Raregreeneyes
    Raregreeneyes Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking the Koolaid with splenda. Just every once in a while. It has 0 everything. Lots of diffrent flavors. I have it around for those "if I drink one more bottle of water im gonna die" moments :) lol Good Luck!!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    We have a SodaStream (bubbly water maker). You can squeeze lemon/lime in it or drink plain or add any flavor juice, just like 1 ounce to flavor it, v8 fusions, grape/apple/pear/strawberry/cherry/any type really.

I find really good tea like The Republic of Tea or Teavana and make iced tea with it (blueberry/strawberry lemonade), drink plain or with stevia drops and I count that as water.

I also count coconut water as water.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can also get your water from food. Start eating more soups or water based vegetables and fruit (tomato, cucumber, melons...)

8 8oz glasses is a myth. As long as your pee is light or clear and you aren't thirsty, you don't need to drink more.

It is very true that the fluid your body needs can come from other sources other than water. As long as you do have enough going in to keep the colour of your urine pale then you'll be fine. Tea, coffee to some extent, milk, soups, fruits with high water content are all good!!!!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Propel zero drink mixes and I like to make my own home made iced tea. I mix green tea with a flavored tea packet.

And ice. add ice. It makes it SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I squeeze some lemon in my water for flavor, I love it. Plus, it's supposed to help burn belly fat.

There are recipes online for different waters, I saw a recipe yesterday that had lemons, limes, and sliced cucumbers in their water. Sounds good!

I also found it helpful to buy a bigger water bottle, helps me drink enough water because instead of filling my little water bottle up 4 times a day, I only fill up twice and get my 8 glasses plus.
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love the lemonade flavored vitamin water.

Vitamin water has loads of calories, though! So it isn't exactly a water substitute, for me anyway...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly unsweetened iced tea, because I love tea. I occasionally drink Lipton's Green Tea with citrus or Hawaiian Punch sugar free mix, and rarely a diet soda (I don't care much for carbonated drinks that aren't beer). I sometimes drink water when I'm thirsty but mostly only when I'm working out.
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Along with lemons, limes, cucumbers in the water I've also put strawberries in. They are in season now too so they shouldn't be as expensive.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love water with lemon. I also use True Lemon which is crystalized, dried lemon (no artificial sweetners) and it's awesome!
  • Kel92676
    Kel92676 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Mio. Lots of flavors. And now Target and Walmart are even carrying their generic brands of it. So a little bit cheaper. But one bottle of Mio goes a long way. And I drink a ton of unsweetened iced tea. It equates to the same intake of water, but with added antioxidants. But added caffeine though.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Options without adding powders/mixes (only because I have not tried any of those types of mixes):

1. squeeze in some fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice for a bit of flavour

2. make cucumber water by slicing up some cucumber and putting it in a jug of water and ice in the fridge

^This!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator iced tea. Take a 20 oz. bottle of water (room temp) and add 2 tea bags. Put in the refrigerator 5-6 hours (or overnight!) .... whallah ... flavored iced tea. I know there is also sun tea ... not good (bacteria).

Lipton Red Goji & Raspberry (green tea) is really good.

Mostly, I drink plain water. I have a Brita Filtered water bottle .... I work in a different city and the water is just nasty.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    And I like Dr Pepper, but that doesn't make it a health drink. Please don't tell me you think Vitamin Water is good for you?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Vitamin water has loads of calories, though! So it isn't exactly a water substitute, for me anyway...

And you certainly shouldn't be drinking 8 cups of vitamin water a day. That would be like taking several multi-vitamin pills a day.