Anyone have a Fitbit?

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    after all the talk about it recently, I'm looking at getting one. Anyone know how they compare to Bodybuggs?
    I'm curious about this as well. Did anyone research Bodybuggs and BodyMedia Fits also? What made you decide to go with FitBit? I like that it's much more discreet than the other two, but what other differences are there? Anyone?

I've had both. Besides being more discrete, which to me was a huge advantage because you look like you're on electronic surveillance with the Bugg, it's also free after purchase (no subscription needed), it synchs wirelessly to the PC (no popping it off 20 times a day to plug it in via USB), it has an integrated display so you can check your stats without your PC, and it's not on my skin causing irritation. The data was about the same.
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have both the Fitbit and the Fitbit Aria Scale. I love them both!!!!!! :heart:

We're twins! So do I! I feel nekkid without my Fitbit nearby. All four of us in my house have the Fitbit and use the scale. Now I just need to keep that scale moving downward... not as much fun when it goes up. Haha
  • Heather_A
    Options
    after all the talk about it recently, I'm looking at getting one. Anyone know how they compare to Bodybuggs?

I gave up my BodyMedia Fit after getting my Fitbit. It's so much less intrusive and the numbers were close enough for me to feel secure giving it up. I had used both BodyBugg and BMF for 3 years. I don't miss them in the least. The Fitbit website and community are above and beyond.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Could someone tell me more about the scale? I'm assuming for the money it does something more than weigh you? Will it give me ideas for dinner? :wink:

I've been looking at the fitbit, but it hadn't occured to me to get the scale.
  • Heather_A
    Options
    I'm curious about this as well. Did anyone research Bodybuggs and BodyMedia Fits also? What made you decide to go with FitBit? I like that it's much more discreet than the other two, but what other differences are there? Anyone?

The big one is COST! You pay $99 for FB and no monthly fees for a website far superior to the BMF or BB sites (I've used both). The numbers are fairly close, but the convenience of the FB just can't be beat. I have larger arms so wearing the bands was a pain after several years and I didn't like to use it in the warm months because of vanity. Now I don't worry about it all. The FB just tucks away and no one knows I have it on.
  • mcarter99
    Options
    Could someone tell me more about the scale? I'm assuming for the money it does something more than weigh you? Will it give me ideas for dinner? :wink:

http://www.fitbit.com/product/aria

It looks to me like it's a body fat scale that sends your data to your Fitbit account. People love them. I just keep thinking, "But I could just log my weight on Fitbit each day...?" I guess it'd be great to see the overall trend with the daily blips without logging manually? I might have to try logging manually, daily for a while to see if I need this. lol
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Where did you get you fitbit and what was the price?
    I got mine on amazon for $99, I think! I love it! I would love some fitbit buddies! jarrettfamily2002@gmail.com
  • Heather_A
    Options

http://www.fitbit.com/product/aria

It looks to me like it's a body fat scale that sends your data to your Fitbit account. People love them. I just keep thinking, "But I could just log my weight on Fitbit each day...?" I guess it'd be great to see the overall trend with the daily blips without logging manually? I might have to try logging manually, daily for a while to see if I need this. lol

You got it right. That's what it is. However, it's beautiful and it's really nice not to have to remember what the scale told me when I stepped on. Might just be denial on my part... ;)
  • mcarter99
    Options
    It might be nice to tape over the display and weigh daily and just check my trend at the end of the week. :happy:
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. It made me realize how little I move during some days and forced me to adjust the amount of effort I put into things.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Just ordered mine a couple days ago... can't WAIT to get it!!!!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for intuitive gadgets. I might have to give the scale a harder look now. At first I dismissed it as a pricey scale, but now that I've read about all it can do, wow! Is the bodyfat % accurate?
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I have had it since February & wear it all the time unless I am in the shower or @ the pool! !
  • mcarter99
    Options
    I'm a sucker for intuitive gadgets. I might have to give the scale a harder look now. At first I dismissed it as a pricey scale, but now that I've read about all it can do, wow! Is the bodyfat % accurate?

I don't think any BF scales are accurate but they say it's nice to see the long term trend regardless. The one I had never changed so I got mad and got rid of it.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit but really can't see the point of the scales which are at least 5 times as expensive as the ones I use for little extra benefit.

I log non-walking exercise here using the lower calculations from FitBit's site. Swimming for example gives you about a third less on FitBit's site than on MFP.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit since April, and I love it! It does make you move a lot more. Suggestion: wear it clipped to your nightwear waistband or shoulder, rather than wearing the wristband. The wristband can be rather scratchy on your skin, and can also give you a lot of false data.

I am with my friend, Waterbunnie, on the scale thing. It is rather pricey for the extra you get.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • PiperMommy11
    Options
    Where did you get you fitbit and what was the price?

I got mine on ebay... $75
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between the bodymedia fit, bodybugg, and fit bit. Anyone know how the accuracy compares among the three?

Do a search in the boards - somebody did an extensive comparison between fitbit and (I think) the BFM. I last looked at it in April before I got my fitbit.