New 30 Day Shred Group!!!

Options
Hey everyone!! I just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred from Amazon. I thought it would be fun to start a new group. We can start on Sept 1st. Anyone want to join me? Everyone's welcome!!!
:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I was thinking of getting her video anyway and it will be good to compare how it is working for other people.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd love to join... :smile:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    considering I havent done the shred in 2 weeks Id love to start up again with people to talk to consistently about goals and to remind me that its not all that hard to fit in that half hour a day!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Hi everyone! Welcome :drinker: Glad to see that you've joined in. Hopefully our group will grow before we start.

Jewely, I paid just over $10.00 for The Shred on Amazon, including shipping!
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i was going to start on september 1st but i got back from holiday and hadn't strayed to far with my weight so i started straight away. did day five this morning. would like to still be in the group if its ok it will take me more than thirty days to finish it lol. i did it in july but failed after 10 days because i went on holiday lol. could't take my weights in the suitcase.

anyways it is great definately
  • skywalker
    Options
    Of course it's ok!! Welcome!!! :drinker:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. How many days are you going to be doing the video?
  • skywalker
    Options
    Well, I've never done the video before and I don't know what the workout is like. I guess I just assumed that it's a 30 day program, but I hear it's pretty challenging. I say we all just give it a go, support each other, and see what happens :happy:
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Well, I've never done the video before and I don't know what the workout is like. I guess I just assumed that it's a 30 day program, but I hear it's pretty challenging. I say we all just give it a go, support each other, and see what happens :happy:

I have done the video several times. It is pretty good especially for a short video. I only do it 3 days a week usually cause I get cardio at the gym 5 times a week and weights 3 times a week. I do not remember in the beginging when she talks if she tells you how many days to do it. I should look and see. I am all for joining. I recently fell off the wagon and I need any group support I can get.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I guess I was planning on doing it 4-5 days a week. I'm going to continue cycling for cardio, but I'm cutting back on it in September. I just feel I need to start varying my workouts. All I really do is ride and I think it's time to get more serious about strength training and I've heard good things about the Shred.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey Sky, I ordered it and hopefully it'll be in by Sept. Does anyone know how hard it is and if a person with an injured wing can do it? I sure hope so. Anyway, I'm in once I get it. When is this starting? I prob won't have mine by Sept 1, but hopefully shortly after.:drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Great!!! Welcome hmo4!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    When I was doing the shred I was doing it 5 times a week and being kinda lazy about doing much else and still seeing results! I think considering everyones varying workouts maybe our goal should be to show our results by Nov 1st? seems like even the 3 times a week people will have gotten in 30 days by then! lol
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Hey Sky, I ordered it and hopefully it'll be in by Sept. Does anyone know how hard it is and if a person with an injured wing can do it? I sure hope so. Anyway, I'm in once I get it. When is this starting? I prob won't have mine by Sept 1, but hopefully shortly after.:drinker:
    Not sure where you ordered yours from but I live overseas and ordered mine from Amazon and got it in like a week. Also not sure what you mean by injured wing but I am sure you can modify the routine to your needs. You usually use 3 lbs weights but can omit that if you need to or do not have them. AlsoIt is circuit training and it like 5 min of cardio like jumping jacks, 3 min of weight type training and then 1 min or abs. This repeats like3 times. It also has a few min warm up and cool down.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    ALso for anyone who might be interested I know we are planning on doing 30 day shred but I am in love with Jillian Michales No More Trouble Zone.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I will order mine today and hope it gets here by the 1st. Amazon has one day shipping options, it will be worth the extra few bucks!!! I am excited, yay!!!:happy:
  • skywalker
    Options
    For those who have done the Shred before, how do you log it?
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    For those who have done the Shred before, how do you log it?

like i said i am just starting again. i wear a heart monitor and log it as circuit training. mfp says that 28 minutes, which the shred is roughly, for my weight burns 290 cals. wearing my HRM on for the past five days it has recorded between 280-320 cals depending on exertion so i think that circuit traing is the best option.

i do like the HRM deinately good when doing this sort of undefineable exercise.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Thanks, Simplicity. Unfortunately, I don't have a HRM yet, so that's how I'll have to log it for now. :happy:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    i always logged it as circuit training too...I just assumed it was the best option because thats what jillian refers to the workout as