SPORTS BRAS FOR LARGER BREASTED WOMEN

Options

Replies

• bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My current fave is a sports bra made by the Anita brand. Freya, Goddess, and Natori also make sports bras for large cup sizes (and smaller bands). I like the Anita bra because the straps curve inward a bit, which gives me a better range of motion in my arms; other bras tend to just cut into my flesh during exercise like Yoga.

The best thing you could possibly do is go to a real lingerie store that carries bras in a wide variety of band and cup sizes. Nordstrom also offers a good selection of bras. Target and Victoria's Secret don't cut it. Lane Bryant doesn't really have the selection either if you're small band, large cup.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Still Waiting for PICS!
  • CarlaDye
    CarlaDye Posts: 17
    Options
    I get my sports bras from http://www.essentialbodywear.com/sportsbras.htm

I train and compete horses so need alot of support. Quite a few international and Olympic level riders wear these bras. I figure if they're good enough for them they're good enough for me. They are quite expensive but I think worth it. I no longer have bruising and pain.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I swear by Enell for my sports bras. They're like $60 but worth every penny.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 250lbs I began to run and bought a couple of Enell sports bras. They were truely amazing. I was a 44DDD then. It feels like your wearing a life vest but honestly so worth it. There was zero bounce.

I'm currently a 38DDD and I'm wearing the Champion power sleek and double dry bras. Also I wear two bras at a time when I run for more support.
  • CarlaDye
    CarlaDye Posts: 17
    Options
    I get my sports bras from http://www.essentialbodywear.com/sportsbras.htm

I train and compete horses so I need good support & zero bounce. Alot of international and Olympic level riders wear them. I figure if they're good enough for them they're good enough for me. They are expensive but worth it to me since I no longer have bruising or pain. I also have the added benefit of the boobs no longer waving at the judges and spectators.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    check out layne bryants web site.

This! They hardly ever have any in store but I have had great luck with some from their website.
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies...

I am wondering where you all get your sports bras. I am a 38H and it is hard to find something comfortable and that keeps support while working out (especially during cardio workouts).

I recently used Title9 sports....they are an online place and they have bras for larger women but havent found anything comfortable yet......

Enell.. The girls won't move while exercising .. They now off a less restrictive bra as well.. Very very comfortable!

http://enell.com/
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    Another vote for Enell here. Truly nothing else has ever compared.
  • Arachne
    Arachne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34K US sizing and I absolutely ADORE my Enell. I had been looking for years for a great sports bra and my mother bought an Enell and suggested I do the same. I could not believe how much easier my run the next day was, when the girls are under control you feel like you have better control of your breath.

100% Enell... may be a bit pricey but more than worth it.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    The Shock Absorber bra! The best money I ever spent! It kept my 38F (eur) breastfeeding girls in place while I trained for and ran a half-marathon. And it's not as gigantic as some others, like Enell (which just looks HUGE). It's sold in the US (where I live) and the UK; just check online for the different sellers. I got mine at herroom.com and it included free shipping, which was an excellent bonus since I was already spending a lot.

Shock absorber every time - and I'm an E or F cup.

But beware, they do different levels, ranging from light support to heavy, do you need the highest level for running.

Got to be good, it's the best selling sports bra in the uk for the last 6 years.
  • Monkee8088
    Monkee8088 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump!
  • kcorcoran4
    Options
    I definitely recommend the Shock Absorber...36H here (please tell me this will go down with weight loss?!) and with that bra on, those babies don't move at all! Well worth the price.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I got mine thru Lane Bryant/Woman within . It's a glamorise white/ grey 2 part system. 38F. I actually usually wear a 34-36F ,but these run tight in the band sizing.I run 5-7 miles a day and keeps the girls secure. I have 5 of them. I was reading the other posts and have heard of the Enell and shock adsorber and when I need new I may want to try them
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    50DD here. Have yet to find a sports bra (or ANY bra for that matter) that fits properly and is comfortable. I've been fitted professionally 3 times, each one had a different measurement, and sold be bras that were so tight I couldn't breathe, or pulled so hard on my shoulders that I would slouch to stop the pressure.

Will check out the recs made here. Thank you OP for starting this topic!
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wear Moving Comfort and it definitely locks me in place! (40D)
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend the Shock Absorber...36H here (please tell me this will go down with weight loss?!) and with that bra on, those babies don't move at all! Well worth the price.

No guarantees on dropping cup sizes, but a lot of ladies report that they lose volume as they lose weight. I lost about 10-15 pounds over a year-long period out of the blue (before I started seriously exercising) but I didn't notice much of a change in sizes. When I went to get a replacement bra, I went down a cup size...I guess that's where the weight disappeared! :ohwell:
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    FYI: Lane Bryant is having their buy 2 get 2 free on bras right now. Sports bras are included!
  • happyapplegirl
    Options
    i have seen people post about shock absorber bras. I unfortunately being a 42 band still (G cup) cant shop at most places besides lane bryant for sports bras. and even they dont have any in store (i dont have a debit card to buy online) but i hear good things about shock absorbers.

Can you buy a giftcard with cash at your local store and then use that online? Right now they are having a buy two get two free deal on their bras and I googled coupon codes and found a $25 discount. Good luck!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I really needed this post. i'm not large around, but the bust is big. I had some bras I thought were great but they are getting old and losing support.

I want to spend some money to get a great bra --but I still want it to look good.

I have read that having your breasts in separate cups actually helps. plus, who wants uniboob?

thanks OP for this post. and for all the ladies who answered below (above??)

I have heard the TaTa Tamer by LuLumon is great, but the other answers help with variety.