Bad habit.............

Options
2»

Replies

• kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I figured out last night how many calories my coffee has in it!!! :sad: 440 calories!!!!! Holy Crap!!!! I never realized it!!!! Till you sit down and figure out all the sugar and creamer!!!! That is over 1/3 of my calorie intake for the day!!!! After work today I stopped and got a large coffee and used 3 Sweet and Lows..........maybe a 1/4 cup half and half...............does not taste THAT bad but I think I can get used to it...............WAYYYYY less calories!!!!!! :smile:
  • kammy92
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday. I don't know if you have a Cash and Carry close to you but I go and buy sugarfree syrups-less than $4.00- 750 ml (usually caramel but there are about 20 different flavors you can choose from, by-stay away from german chocolate cake-ehh nasty). Anyhow, 2 T of real half and half only has 40 calories and with my espresso maker and sugar free syrups I really don't feel deprived. If you have a little of the real stuff (cream) then hopefully you won't feel deprived either and you can sweeten it as you like. My only side note: when eating any sugar subsitute your body realizes it is being "tricked" and will often lead you to seeking real sugar. So...I try to always eat some protein/complex carb with my coffee so my blood sugar doesn't plummet and I end up looking for that sweet thing that I shouldn't be eating. Well, it works for me. I refuse to give up my coffee so, I had to find something that works within my limits and that I can live with for the rest of my life. Wish you the best and I hope that you find something that works for you :):smile::smile: :smile:

No, I live in NW Pa..........no Cash and Carry around here :cry:
  • kammy92
    Options
    I'll try it......not making any promises though! My willpower is good for some things................hopefully for this it will work..........:wink:

Make a promise, because if you don't, you won't feel any guilt / will rationalize away putting all those sugars in after a few days. I mean.... it depends on how much you really want it. If you want it enough, you'll do it. So don't start to undermine your own goals by not being willing to put in the effort to get there!

I did it!!!!! No sugar, just 3 Sweet and Lows!!!!! :bigsmile: I think I can get used to it......just will take a little time!!!!:bigsmile:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I cut out coffee all together last Monday. Not really for the calories (I didn't make it too crazy and no real sugar) but more because it was affecting my sleep and my job is already stressful and puts me on level 10 and the coffee was putting me on level 15 (totally not necessary). Now I feel a lot better.

BUT, when I was drinking coffee, I always wanted it REALLY light and sweet, so I got used to the sweet n low but I would put probably 1/2 cup of skim milk and then just a splash of half and half for that creamy flavor and color. I also do that with fountain soda too, I fill most of the cup with diet coke and then top it off with real coke or cherry coke. Gives it that kick of sugar and flavor that I miss!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I did it too! I used those fat free creamers (french vanilla) and it really wasn't that bad. It so much less calorie-wise and it still fixed me with the caffeine. It was tough ordering it black and bringing it to the office to make that way but, I manged to get through it and it was not even that bitter. I hate bitter coffee. I was so worried about that. It was good. We will see how long I can keep this up and how it affects my weight. Thank you for making this suggestion...just the kick I needed! :bigsmile:
  • kammy92
    Options
    Happy to report that it has been 2 weeks since I last had my sugar coffee!!!! :bigsmile: Thank you to all of you for the suggestions!!! I think it was best for me to just cut it all out at once than 1 packet at a time!!!! I seem to feel alot better now too!! Not all sluggish and stuff!!! So THANK YOU to YOU ALL!!!! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • kammy92
    Options
    I did it too! I used those fat free creamers (french vanilla) and it really wasn't that bad. It so much less calorie-wise and it still fixed me with the caffeine. It was tough ordering it black and bringing it to the office to make that way but, I manged to get through it and it was not even that bitter. I hate bitter coffee. I was so worried about that. It was good. We will see how long I can keep this up and how it affects my weight. Thank you for making this suggestion...just the kick I needed! :bigsmile:

How are you doing with it???? Still hanging in there???? :wink:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    See? You proved to yourself that you could do it.

Ah, the possibilities are now endless... what are you tackling NEXT?
  • kammy92
    Options
    See? You proved to yourself that you could do it.

Ah, the possibilities are now endless... what are you tackling NEXT?

To quit smoking is in the future...I've tried everything...Chantix, cold turkey, patches, gum..............:frown:
  • Lady6ugz24
    Options
    oh my goodness, your poor body wih all that sugar!! No wonder you're not losing weight!! Think about this, people lose weight easily just when they cut out soft drinks... this applies in the same way! Not only are you not going to lose weight but you'll give yourself diabetes!!! Please stop (i agree with cold turkey) for yourself and your body!! Stop making excuses!
  • kammy92
    Options
    oh my goodness, your poor body wih all that sugar!! No wonder you're not losing weight!! Think about this, people lose weight easily just when they cut out soft drinks... this applies in the same way! Not only are you not going to lose weight but you'll give yourself diabetes!!! Please stop (i agree with cold turkey) for yourself and your body!! Stop making excuses!

I did do it!!!! I'm proud of myself!!!:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kelynn. I'm an addict. :laugh:

I LOVE coffee. To the point where if I don't have it one day I actually get a terrible headache. A while back I cut back to one HUGE coffee mug that I fill up and take to work with me in the morning- with fat free half and half, and 4 splenda. Recently, I switched to less half and half and 3 truvia. However, this week I started making a drink for myself consisting of:

1/2 cup coffee
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 truvia packets
    2 ice cubes

Put all the ingredients in a shaker and shake. It's like an iced coffee almost- it's wonderful, and it's awesome- not nearly as bad as coffee with cream and sugar, but with all the taste! :bigsmile:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Sugar is a addictive substance. As we should all know. The longer I go without it the easier it gets. As soon as I have something sugary...Im back on the cravings for the stuff. It is best to go cold turkey. Switch to something other than coffee.
    angl:bigsmile: