Would you tell?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I'm not suggesting you tell. I'm suggesting you quit referring to a perpetual cheater as your bestie and get some new friends that, perhaps... deserve some respect and a loyal friendship. Because she doesn't.

She isn't cheating on ME so yes, she is still a good friend to me. It's best not to get involved in other people's business.... it will always come back to bite you in the @ss!

It's your prerogative. It's just my opinion that standing by her side while she knowingly hurts her family, whom she should be the most dedicated to, is the equivalent of condoning it. This isn't a one time mistake you've kept quiet about... it's an on-going behavior.

Not that it matters here nor there, but she doesn't deserve your "loyalty" in my opinion.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Knew with two friends and told because they said they wanted to know.

Guess what? Both couples decided to stay together.

Guess what else? I am now the bad guy, even though I wasn't a participant and only felt like I was doing the right thing to let the friend know.

So answer: Never again. They can find out in due time.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I would definitely tell.
    I have been in the position of being the one cheated on and I sure as hell wish someone would have told me that my ****ing d**k of a hubby was messing around with some stupid wh$$$.
    Thanks that's all!

^^ same here...happened to me.
    I don't talk to tha skank that covered for her either!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would offer the person who was cheating the opportunity to tell them first......After that it depends.....Is it the guy cheating or the girl........ bros before hos
  • mslack01
    Options
    Do nothing, nothing, nothing!!!! Cannot express this enough!

AGREE AGREE AGREE.... I promise you....you will be the one left out in the cold if you tell
  • tidworth1972
    Options
    personally i would give the cheater
    the opportunity to tell their partner themselves, and warn them that if they didnt, i would !
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PLAYA RULE # 2 ALWAYS ALWAYS pull out!!! :bigsmile:
  • mslack01
    Options
    I would offer the person who was cheating the opportunity to tell them first......After that it depends.....Is it the guy cheating or the girl........ bros before hos

Did that too...again...the person being cheated on, doesn't want to know even when they say they want to know....
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I guess it would really depend on what your relationship was to the couple. To me that's just not a situation I would want to be caught in the middle of, especially if you are friends with both of the people.

I agree....
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    there was a situation where the couple were both friends of mine. they both worked with me and so did the girl he was cheating with. i told her and she was mad at me for telling her. she continued the relationship and gave me the dirtiest looks......two years later the same scenario occured, i stayed out of it.....
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate getting into other people's business, I would most likely say something. If the situation was turned around, I would really like someone to tell me.

yep
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    They should totally make a movie about a situation like this. They could call it "The Predicament"
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    So on a side note to the whole "side chick" topic. If you knew a couple and you knew one of them was cheating (had been for a significant amount of time, one night fling, whichever).
    Would you tell the other person in the committed relationship?
    Would you talk to the one cheating to try to get them to stop?
    Or would you do nothing?

One word::

BLACKMAIL!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Not my business or right to get involved.

That's Right!

no-snitching_design.png

snitches get stitches!! HAHAHAHA

Snitches get ditches.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Do nothing, nothing, nothing!!!! Cannot express this enough!

Must totally disagree with this. In my first marriage (long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away) I had a cheater husband. The first person to finally tell me told me, but also said I couldn't mention it to him! Ha! I cannot tell you how humiliated I was that his entire company knew he was a big-time cheater, but I had no details. (Of course, I was getting the clues....)

I am still thankful someone finally told me and I could make the right decisions.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options

I'm not suggesting you tell. I'm suggesting you quit referring to a perpetual cheater as your bestie and get some new friends that, perhaps... deserve some respect and a loyal friendship. Because she doesn't.

She isn't cheating on ME so yes, she is still a good friend to me. It's best not to get involved in other people's business.... it will always come back to bite you in the @ss!

It's your prerogative. It's just my opinion that standing by her side while she knowingly hurts her family, whom she should be the most dedicated to, is the equivalent of condoning it. This isn't a one time mistake you've kept quiet about... it's an on-going behavior.

Not that it matters here nor there, but she doesn't deserve your "loyalty" in my opinion.

I understand what you are saying... she knows I do not like it or agree with it and that I feel she is making a huge mistake. Mostly we do not talk about it because she knows how I feel. I would not end my relationship with her because of something that doesn't involve me though.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would actually talk to the person who is doing the cheating. I would tell them they need to come clean to their partner...if they don't come clean, then I'll tell their partner. As someone else said, it would also depend on your relationship with the couple.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My name is Bennett & I ain't in IT!!
    Last time I attempted to warn a friend about "her man" it came back to slap me in the face. She believed the things he said. It put distance in between our friendship. So I just sat back and let nature take it's course. The truth always reveals itself at some point. In this situation it did about 6-8 months after I warned her. SMH!! However, she and I are right back like we always have been. She learned a huge lesson from it all. On another note she now has a great guy in her corner.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Mind your own business. You don't know what kind of relationship that they have.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    If I was going to say something to either of them, it would be the cheater, not the cheatee - unless the cheatee asked me.

I have a friend who cheats on his wife - but is always careful, so STDs aren't a concern. He really can't stand his wife, but is afraid to leave her because, for one, she's effing nuts, and two, he doesn't want to not see his kids every day. I don't tell her about it, because if he's being responsible about it, it's not an issue to me.