Are all sins equal

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    We have a concept of "Gunah-e-saghira" and "Gunah-e-Kabeerah". Meaning little sin and bigger sin. Basically meaning that severity of sin varies by its nature and so do the consequences (punishment).

Murder/rape/robbing on gun point/selling drugs is considered big sin which are dealt with penalty of death or higher time spent in prison
    stealing/lying is considered smaller crimes and are dealt via time in prison
    traffic violations are considered small crimes and are dealt via fines
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    they really shouldn't lock threads things on things like this its really not necessary unless its full of bashing.

READ

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

This topic doesn't seem to be directed to one particular religion though...

I didn't think it was
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, going to watch this play out.
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As Charlie Sheen would say..."SINNING!" :bigsmile:
    charlie-sheen-sinning-t-shirt_design.png

Wait...what? That's not what he says? Oh, it's just what he does. Well then...."WINNING!!" :smokin:
    13909493_916b_625x1000.jpg
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    As Charlie Sheen would say..."SINNING!" :bigsmile:

Wait...what? That's not what he says? Oh, it's just what he does. Well then...."WINNING!!" :smokin:

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    A conscience does not prevent sin; it only prevents you from enjoying it.:glasses:
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    A conscience does not prevent sin; it only prevents you from enjoying it.:glasses:

Too great of a point to ignore!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you're talking in the biblical sense, then yes all sins are equal in god's eyes according to the bible

James 2:10 -- "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

oh and the bible lists A LOT of things as sins.. stuff like being angry, being fearful, not taking in a homeless person, overeating... all these as listed as sins in god's eyes

this is something that i never understood with the bible thumpers. i'm not religious in anyway but it kills me how people seem to pick and chose which sins they want to condemn (of yeah that's also listed as a sin in the bible as well since you're essentially trying todo god's job for him) and the ones that they do and want to overlook.
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    What are my odds of getting past them good ol' pearly gates if I'm just bankin on apologizing for everything I've done once I get up there?
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    For reals. My house is worth WAY more than the Jones' "Keepin' up" my ***.

2hn87f5.gif

Lol, I'm so full of shiz. I don't even own a house.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For reals. My house is worth WAY more than the Jones' "Keepin' up" my ***.

2hn87f5.gif

Lol, I'm so full of shiz. I don't even own a house.

Lol. I know, I'm just being a pain in the *kitten* and laughing at everything you say.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    How you doin!? :yes homo:

I'd be better if you bought me a drink.

I was going to continue with this but let's just end it right here lol
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in sin just actions and reactions those can be bad or good and anything in between depending on circumstances. They would be judge accordingly.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    I was going to continue with this but let's just end it right here lol

So I buy you a drink, then?
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    Lol. I know, I'm just being a pain in the *kitten* and laughing at everything you say.

Babe, you know you can follow me around all you want.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My years of Catholic School taught me that there are two grades of sin: venial and mortal.

Venial gets you time in limbo if you die with the ir stain on your soul.

Mortal sins get you a ticket to hell if you die with a mortal stain on your soul.

Murder is venial an not going to mass on Sunday is Mortal.

See why I am an Episcopalian now?

FML. I will be stuck in limbo for God knows how long!

It's OK - you'll be in good company. When I get to Limbo, if you're already there I'll send you a FR. We can go about trying to figure out this whole concept together. OBVIOUSLY, though, the only way to REALLY know something is to experience it - so when we're in Limbo we'll have to set a list of sins that we really want to experience and figure out the answer to. After the list has been completed we'll reconnect and compare notes. Then rate them in order....

...while we eat bacon...

I love a good plan! See you there!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Killing someone in self-defense isn't actually called murder.
    Actually it is...it is murder that is justified by the defense of self-defense, aka justifiable homicide.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Obviously not
    How is stealing a pack of gum that bad in comparison to murder?

Question was not about crime, it was about "sin"....

If you believe in "sin" as it were...you have to know that they are all the same. Crimes are not all the same. Sins are, in the true meaning of the word.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    if you're talking in the biblical sense, then yes all sins are equal in god's eyes according to the bible

James 2:10 -- "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

oh and the bible lists A LOT of things as sins.. stuff like being angry, being fearful, not taking in a homeless person, overeating... all these as listed as sins in god's eyes

this is something that i never understood with the bible thumpers. i'm not religious in anyway but it kills me how people seem to pick and chose which sins they want to condemn (of yeah that's also listed as a sin in the bible as well since you're essentially trying todo god's job for him) and the ones that they do and want to overlook.

With all of these things that are sins (being angry? Really?) and if breaking ONE law is breaking them all then by this logic being angry is just as bad as murdering someone. So, the next time you get really pissed off at someone you might as well just go ahead and do some REAL damage. I'm just saying - if I'm going to be just as guilty in the Lord's eyes of being angry as killing them...

Hey, it's not MY logic - I didn't make the rules....

(And people wonder why I don't follow any form of organized religion)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Obviously not
    How is stealing a pack of gum that bad in comparison to murder?

Question was not about crime, it was about "sin"....

If you believe in "sin" as it were...you have to know that they are all the same. Crimes are not all the same. Sins are, in the true meaning of the word.
    ^^^ This
This discussion has been closed.