5ft4 ladies...What's your calorie number?

Options
13»

Replies

• Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about 1550 calories per day. My exercise is calculated (3-5 hours of exercise a week) into my number so I don't eat those back UNLESS when I log them I fall below my BMR which is 1294. I just started eating more. I was holding at 140 lbs for 2 weeks at 1200 calories or less with one cheat day, I bumped up my calories and lost a 1.5 lbs in 3 days. I am trying to eat better but not always clean. My diary is public so feel free to review it.

Full disclose, I did lose 69 lbs in 2010 by netting 1000 calories per day. I worked out every day for an hour and I felt like poo at the time but I did lose that weight and kept all but 10 lbs of it off even when I went back to not counting calories in 2011. That said, I was miserable I would not recommend that to anyone.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well, the smaller you get the lower your BMR gets.

Not necessarily. If my BF% goes down and my lean muscle mass increases than my BMR can increase as I get smaller. For example, if my BF% is 32.7% at 140 lbs then 18% at 120 lbs, my BMR at 140 is 1294 and at 120 it is 1335.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 129lbs. I eat 1440 a day to lose at a very slow rate and I eat back my exercise cals. I'm doing Insanity so I have to eat a lot because it's a very taxing workout 6 days a week. I am still seeing changes in my body even though weight loss isn't my main focus right now.

My suggestion? At 5'4" and 158lbs, you need to up your cals stat. 1200 isn't nearly enough for you.
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Please take a look at your calorie needs. If plateaued ... is likely due to not eating enough. TRULY.

I'm eating at a deficit from my TDEE of 2200 - I"m eating 1700 - 1800 on average. Everyone's TDEE is different based on age, weight and activity level.

I will put a link to a good calculator to use ...

Jen

My Blog: This Isn't My First Rodeo
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN

Active member of the forum group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. Check it out ! Educate yourselves!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Easy & Accurate TDEE calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

This.

At 5"4, 19 years old, moderately active and 148 lbs (I need to update this in a couple pounds I found BMR was1505 , TDEE (cals needed to maintain your weight at your activity level) is 2333 and with a 20% Cut I know aim for 1866. Started eating this amount (no net, just that number, only eating back exercise calories IF my net comes below my BMR) for the last three weeks, dropped four pounds in the first two weeks and another this week. Before I was struggling to see 0.5lbs losses on the scale for about a month, eating 1300 net.
  • lissettwillis
    Options
    Try this nutritionist diet: 1 week cleanse, then 3 weeks diet. I lost 20 lbs doing this a couple times in a year.

drinks- 92 oz of water, coffee, tea ( can use up to 3 no cal sweetener packets)

Week 1-
    Breakfast- 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 tbsp of fat (olive oil, butter, or margarine)

Lunch- 4 oz protein, 1 cup green veggies or a large salad (olive oil and vinegar dressing), half grapefruit

Dinner- 4 oz protein, 1 cup green veggies or a large salad (olive oil and vinegar dressing), half grapefruit

snacks- (2 a day) sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello

Week 2-4

Same as above but you can add 1 piece of bread or small portion of carbs to 2 meals (peanut butter, rice, beans), and 1 small fruit per day (no bananas or oranges).

The water is hugely important!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'4", 153.5 pounds, 57 years old. I'm still set at a 1200 calorie daily goal, have been burning about 500 to 700 calories per day with exercise most days, and I do eat those calories, so I'm averaging around 1700-1800 calories that I eat each day. I'm losing between 1 to 2 pounds per week, and have consistently been losing since I started on MFP in March. I'm pretty much eating the same types of things I used to eat, just controlling the portion size, and eating more fruit and veggies than I used to. I think the exercise is the key for me, it allows me to eat enough and not feel hungry.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Well, the smaller you get the lower your BMR gets.

Not necessarily. If my BF% goes down and my lean muscle mass increases than my BMR can increase as I get smaller. For example, if my BF% is 32.7% at 140 lbs then 18% at 120 lbs, my BMR at 140 is 1294 and at 120 it is 1335.

Harris Benedict doesn't consider BF% but yeah it's better to. But all else equal, BMR goes down. For 99% of us, it goes down. And so does our LBM.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and eating around 1800 cal. This includes workout cal.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 61 years old. I have been averaging about 1100 to 1200 very nutritious calories a day. I do no cardio but have now started to do some strength training/body weight exercises two to three times a week. I don't eat back calories because the extra calories I expend are likely insignificant. I have been consistently losing at an average rate of 1.33 lbs a week and am getting closer to goal.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. 117 lbs. I eat and maintain at an average of 2200 calories a day. I try and stay active. I have a job on my feet (server). I take my son for walks in the stroller, and do insanity every other day or so (this is my second time doing it, so I just rotate it with other stuff)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    WOW....at 1200 it sounds like I'm way under what everyone else is. Sounds like I need to bump mine up some.