A poll: How often does your family eat out?

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
Because it was just mentioned that the average family eats out 4-5 times a week. I have eaten out for breakfast a few times in the last couple weeks, but I just got married and it's not a normal period of time for me. My husband I do not eat out much at all during the regular course of our life. Maybe three times a month. We're probably not the norm, but I'm now curious.

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    maybe twice a month
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    We only DINE out (eating out is something entirely different, isn't it?) a few times a year. And that includes ordering in pizza etc.

We are a homade from scratch family.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Too often. Two to three dinners per week (including Friday pizza), at least one weekend brunch/lunch, the kids go out for lunch at least one other time per week, and I use our company cafeteria for lunch daily (which I count because when i worked downtown I ate at restaurants daily). I eat breakfast at home during the school year but often get an oatmeal from Starbucks during the summer...trying to break that habit in favor of cereal at home.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    every single day for lunch (I should really stop that)
    two-three times a week for dinner.

wow. i never realized that. shameful
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    We only DINE out (eating out is something entirely different, isn't it?) a few times a year. And that includes ordering in pizza etc.

We are a homade from scratch family.

You're right - I should of classed up this joint by saying "dine out" .. but I'm pretty sure we all know what I meant in reference to YOUR FAMILY.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1-2 times a month. Usually for chinese because we love it. But it's a treat!

I have a friend who gets fast food and dines out for every meal. Her poor children are always sick. It's so sad :(
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My family together - almost never eats out - maybe 3 times a year

I was picking up take out food maybe twice a month - a slice of pizza or something small, I'm probably going to that that to zero
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    About 4-5 times a week. Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, and Greek all once a week each. We split all entrees and eat the less to moderate calorie dishes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    As a family, once or twice a week. My husband and I work together, so we go on lunch dates often.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    once a month or so.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I buy lunch at work 3-4 times a week but it's salad.

We order in 1 time a week- usually chinese, maybe pizza. I can get healthier stuff if we order chinese.

My husband and I go out to eat 1-2 times a month.

My girlfriends and I go out 1 time a month.

I don't think my salads should count!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    My family usually goes out to eat around 2-3 per week (usually on the weekend). They go to places like Sonic, BK, Wendy's, etc... Usually, I go to a place called Muscle Maker Grill which has healthier and delicious food and beverage choices so I am there while they are getting their food.
  • sheldor5
    sheldor5 Posts: 6
    Options
    everyday
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Normally, my husband and I go out once a week. When the inlaws are visiting... every meal.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you would have asked me 6 months ago my answer would have been every single day of the week. Now, maybe 4 or 5 times a month.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Once and sometimes twice a week.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week. Probably more often twice than once. The children and I usually go for pizza on a friday after school as my husband works from home that day and needs us out of the house, then we go out usually one meal at the weekend.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'd estimate 3-4 times per month. But it really depends on what is going on. We try to eat at home as much as we can.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    My family usually goes out to eat around 2-3 per week (usually on the weekend). They go to places like Sonic, BK, Wendy's, etc... Usually, I go to a place called Muscle Maker Grill which has healthier and delicious food and beverage choices so I am there while they are getting their food.
    Muscle Maker Grill? That's owned by pro bodybuilder Victor Martinez right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Growing up, fast food and pizzas were rare treats, perhaps once a month if that. Now that it's just me at this present time in my life, I'll eat out once a week during the weekends. Everything else is cooked and consumed at home.