Oh where, oh where have my poor boobies gone?

Options
Ok, quick question. This is mainly geared towards the ladies because I know that I am not the only one who could have gone or is currently going through this issue. Could too much cardio be detrimental? My breasts look a mess since I've been losing this weight, my skin is so not keeping up.....smh. My breasts are smaller, my bras don't fit, I don't even want to tell you what it looks like leaning forward or laying back. This is awful. What's a girl to do?

I have seen some people who have still kept their breast and I don't know why it's not working for me.

Signed boobLESS in Seattle........hahaha

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its a common occurance with weight loss. Many suggest strength training to build up the peck muscles.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It may be caused by losing weight too fast. Mine have gotten smaller but, not saggy. I complete a full chest workout each week, which may have contributed to keeping them "up".
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I figured that much, but I'm not sure which ones to do besides push ups and chest press.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It may be caused by losing weight too fast. Mine have gotten smaller but, not saggy. I complete a full chest workout each week, which may have contributed to keeping them "up".

Well I need to figure out a chest routine real quick then.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mine are probably with yours somewhere! I think it's partially genetics. My bff had a baby 12 months ago, is losing weight (17 lbs so far) and hers are perky and just as full as they ever were. I had a baby 7 months ago, mine sagged after my milk was gone. I have lost 23 lbs and my boobs are shrinking smaller and smaller. I guarantee she will keep hers and mine will keep shrinking.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You can have half of mine. :flowerforyou: I don't want them. :noway:
  • BigMomma742
    BigMomma742 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen them any where, but I've never really seen a pair on me either. I have read of people who are very small breasted doing weights to build up so they have something so I"m thinking that's your best bet :) Had to respond-you made me laugh. Thanks.:bigsmile:
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    Sometimes there's no fighting your body.
    I've gone from a full D to a small B and while chest exercises may help keep them a little higher if they want to take a vacation south, there's very little you can do to stop them without an intervention. Hehe
    Remember though, while they may cause you to :( someone else will look at them and :D
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten a little smaller, but also perkier. I am losing weight at about 1-1.5 lbs a week, but I do chest exercises as well. Chest flys and push-ups mainly.
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I figured that much, but I'm not sure which ones to do besides push ups and chest press.
    bench press ( flat, decline, inclined) chest flys (flat, declined, inclined) pullovers, pushups, wall ball with a weighted medicine ball. Those are a few. Doing the press and flys in different positions will work different areas of the muscle to help push and pull your boobs up like a bra. It is important to strength train during weight loss. It will help prevent the loose and saggy skin because you will be building muscle under the fat.
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat :sad: i've gone from an overflowing 36D to a loosly fit 32D and I'm trying the chest excersises but think I need to add something. My husband is teasing me that he can hold both in one hand now days lol :blushing:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

This
    I have been fortunate to not lose a whole lot of breast in my weightloss process HOWEVER Make sureyou are doing chest exercises to tone the muscles - key in keeping anything less saggy. Im a firm believer in wearing supportive bras 99% of the time (I cant even sleep unless I have the minimum of tank with a shelf bra in it - I hate feeling floppy and all over). Unfortunately - I also believe genetics play a big role in breast tissue also. My mom has been genetically blessed to have the girls not sag over the years (tho weightloss isnt key in her situation)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Mine have shrunk a bit but the worst thing is now they are totally lopsided! One has always been slightly bigger than the other but it was less noticeable when they were larger.

Now I definitely have mismatched boobies.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue!! :sad:
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    Buy good bras.
  • bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can have half of mine. :flowerforyou: I don't want them. :noway:

I'm with you on this... would be nice to buy a bra again that didn't cost $50+ each :explode:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing it's not the same for man parts, b/c there'd be some pretty fat men out there!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok, quick question. This is mainly geared towards the ladies because I know that I am not the only one who could have gone or is currently going through this issue. Could too much cardio be detrimental? My breasts look a mess since I've been losing this weight, my skin is so not keeping up.....smh. My breasts are smaller, my bras don't fit, I don't even want to tell you what it looks like leaning forward or laying back. This is awful. What's a girl to do?

I have seen some people who have still kept their breast and I don't know why it's not working for me.

Signed boobLESS in Seattle........hahaha

I would love to have that problem....I actually think most of the 20 lbs I need to lose are in my boobs
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have always been top heavy and with my weight gain my boobies got bigger. I have gone from a 38H to a 34DDD or E depending on the bra. When losing weight you are losing fat and your breast are made up of fatty tissue. I lift weights and have developed a nice chest muscles, however, my breast still sag. I guess after breastfeeding 4 children gravity has gotten the best of them. The only suggestions I have is getting breast implants when you reach your final goal (that is what I plan to do) or invest in a good bra that gives a nice lift. I hate looking at my breast and my tiny bras :laugh: .
  • celeste_xo
    celeste_xo Posts: 88
    Options
    mine too!! they're not saggy but they got way smaller.. i went from like a C to an A. and i still have another 20 pounds or so i'd like to lose. not happy!!