Re-Watching the Lord of the Rings series...

jcstanton
jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
...in anticipation of the release of "The Hobbit". I LOVE these movies! Storytelling at its best, for sure.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Orlando Bloom looks yummier with long, platinum blonde hair? :love: Love me some Legolas! Opinions, ladies?

Legolas.jpg

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    love love love :heart: LOTR and I love watching them back to back. Which reminds me i'm due. :happy: Ehhh for Orlando as a blonde...prefer him as a brunette.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    ...in anticipation of the release of "The Hobbit". I LOVE these movies! Storytelling at its best, for sure.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Orlando Bloom looks yummier with long, platinum blonde hair? :love: Love me some Legolas! Opinions, ladies?

Legolas.jpg

I'm with you. Definitely preferred Orlando with the blond hair. Loved him in that movie and then was sort of like, "eh..." in everything else I've seen him in.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    I normally like brunettes too, but he looks so good as an ethereal elf. I've read the trilogy almost every year since I was in high school. And, yes, I still appreciate the movies as their own works of art. You've made me want to see them again.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Eomer. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,226 Member
    We have the extended version on bluray...have not had the time to watch it...they are so long!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    I fell in love with Orlando as Legolas....don't much care for him in anything else. I've always had a thing for pointy ears and archery :D

I watch LotR about once a month....though will be waiting to see my husband again so we can watch through those. Then after the Hobbit comes out, we will have to re-watch all the Avengers themed movies before Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 come out next year.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    I think he looks amazing any way he comes. Lol.
    Gosh I can't wait for the Hobbit.
    I'm a movie geek. (:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    I just don't see the appeal of Orlando Bloom, but I do love LOTR. I have had many LOTR marathons at my house. No matter how many times I watch, I can watch again.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I got the deluxe all the extras edition. I watch them back to back once a month.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181

Oh--totally. Karl Urban is fine.
  • Yep - major elven crush on Legolas. The elf who leads the elven warriors to Helm's Deep gets my attention, too. Sigh.
  • jcstanton
    love love love :heart: LOTR and I love watching them back to back. Which reminds me i'm due. :happy: Ehhh for Orlando as a blonde...prefer him as a brunette.

I've finished the first two and am watching Disc 1 of Return of the King as we speak. It's the extended edition. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recommend it. There is nearly an hour of extra footage in each film that wasn't in the originals. I am totally psyched for "The Hobbit", not only because of my love for LOTR, but also because my latest celebrity crush, Richard Armitage, will be playing Thorin Oakenshield. Can't wait!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    LOTR movies are great!!!!
    The books are 1000x better!!!!
  • littlepinkhearts
    I got the deluxe all the extras edition. I watch them back to back once a month.

wowwww once a month? you are GOOD!!! dammm now i wanna watch them...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Ohso much eye candy in those movies! I prefer Viggo Mortensen, but i wouldn't kick Orlando out of bed for eating crackers :laugh:
  • littlepinkhearts

I've finished the first two and am watching Disc 1 of Return of the King as we speak. It's the extended edition. If you haven't seen the extended version, I highly recommend it. There is nearly an hour of extra footage in each film that wasn't in the originals. I am totally psyched for "The Hobbit", not only because of my love for LOTR, but also because my latest celebrity crush, Richard Armitage, will be playing Thorin Oakenshield. Can't wait!

hmmmm I need to check this new one out...glad u posted . I have the blue-ray new versions but not sure if they have extended footage...have to check. :bigsmile:
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104

This x a million!!!

I do love a scruffy, horse-riding warrior man. <3
  • jcstanton
    Yep - major elven crush on Legolas. The elf who leads the elven warriors to Helm's Deep gets my attention, too. Sigh.

Oh, yes! I was reminded of that the other night while watching "The Two Towers". My favorite part of the battle at Helms deep, though, is when Legolas "snowboards" down the steps on his shield while shooting arrows all over the place. He's totally my hero in that scene. LOL
  • Krissy366

Oh - well, if we're going to be like that, I was always a big fan of Faramir.
  • Krissy366
    Yep - major elven crush on Legolas. The elf who leads the elven warriors to Helm's Deep gets my attention, too. Sigh.

Oh, yes! I was reminded of that the other night while watching "The Two Towers". My favorite part of the battle at Helms deep, though, is when Legolas "snowboards" down the steps on his shield while shooting arrows all over the place. He's totally my hero in that scene. LOL

Ah - yes...Haldir. I remember playing LOTR trivial pursuit with my family - they were all junkies and I had only seen them once at that point. One of the questions was about Haldir and I couldn't remember his name, so I said, "That hot, blond elf that gets the axe in the back of the head!" They gave me credit. LOL