Re-Watching the Lord of the Rings series...

Options

Replies

• 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it :indifferent: but the actually Hobbiton set is only 45 minutes from my home, and I climb Mt Doom a couple of times each year. :heart: living in New Zealand!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it :indifferent: but the actually Hobbiton set is only 45 minutes from my home, and I climb Mt Doom a couple of times each year. :heart: living in New Zealand!

I'm a little jealous. LOL New Zealand is on my "Top 5 List of Places to Visit Before I Die", mainly because of all the gorgeous scenery in LOTR.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    This is the man under the "dwarf mask" of Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit:

RichardArmitage1.jpg

RichardArmitage2.jpg

And my personal favorite...(excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin)

RichardArmitage3.jpg

ok, ummmm yes, very nice indeed... and love your personal favourite....when is that movie coming out again??
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    [
    I'm a little jealous. LOL New Zealand is on my "Top 5 List of Places to Visit Before I Die", mainly because of all the gorgeous scenery in LOTR.

Come on over! :drinker:
  • jcstanton
    Options
    ok, ummmm yes, very nice indeed... and love your personal favourite....when is that movie coming out again??

Hahaha! Well, it'll be a while yet (December, I think), but if you have a Netflix account you can always watch the two TV series he's been in (Robin Hood and Spooks) and the movie North and South. He's not in the first few seasons of Spooks, though. I do, however, highly recommend the other two. I enjoyed them immensely and wish I had an SO who could enjoy the benefits of me enjoying them...if you know what I mean. :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • jcstanton
    Options
    [

Come on over! :drinker:

I would in a heart beat if I had the money to fund the trip. That'll be a long time coming, though. :frown: :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have the extended versions of Fellowship & Return of the King...extra footage of Boromir and Faramir :love: :love:
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Viggoooooooo!!! I love him so much. He is totally my freebie. I didn't like LOTR after the first 30 minutes when my husband was watching. Too dark. Later I watched them and ended up watching all of them in a row in one day. Love them so much.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    no orlando bloom looks good here::::
    OrlandoBloomSFD2.jpg

but realy my vote is for the 1 of 2 that are in the whole series

Lord-of-the-Rings.png
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: smeagul:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: GOlmGOlm:bigsmile:
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    OrlandoBloomSFD2.jpg

Lord-of-the-Rings.png
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: smeagul:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: GOlmGOlm:bigsmile:

agreed...he looks really good here!!!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    OrlandoBloomSFD2.jpg

Lord-of-the-Rings.png

agreed...he looks really good here!!!

From the neck down, yes, he looks delish. But, as far as his face, I still prefer the long, blond hair. It may just be because I'm a sucker for blondes and gingers (although I prefer my redheads to be naturally so).
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the extended version of all three movies... Aragorn has been one of my crushes since I first read the book at about 12 or so, and Viggo brought him to life on the screen *perfectly* (love me some scruffy hot ranger!).

If Aragorn hadn't been right I'd have had to walk out of the cinema and not watch - so glad that wasn't the case!
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    Aragorn...some serious drool and if i could post a pic i most surely would. Another LOTR hunk :heart:
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have the extended version of all three movies... Aragorn has been one of my crushes since I first read the book at about 12 or so, and Viggo brought him to life on the screen *perfectly* (love me some scruffy hot ranger!).

If Aragorn hadn't been right I'd have had to walk out of the cinema and not watch - so glad that wasn't the case!

Viggo wasn't the original choice either. Stuart Townsend was originally cast but fired after one day (I guess Peter Jackson decided he seemed too young). Viggo actually turned the part down when offered, and his son convinced him to do it. Thank you Henry!!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Thanks, everybody, for all the fun responses. I think this is officially my favorite thread out of all that I've posted. Keep this fun conversation going. And, ladies, by all means, if you want to post pics of your favorite character, you go right ahead. You won't get any objections from me. :bigsmile:
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence this is. Been watching LOTR all week! Over and over. And yes, Orlando is very hot in this role! I just love his sexy elf *kitten*!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    What a coincidence this is. Been watching LOTR all week! Over and over. And yes, Orlando is very hot in this role! I just love his sexy elf *kitten*!

Yeah! I've had quite the adventure trying to get the DVD's to watch them. I've had alot of trouble with Netflix shipping the last couple of weeks...damaged disks, shipping delays, etc... But I'm glad I stuck it out. Going to watch Return of the King Disc 2 this evening while I'm folding laundry.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do like the elf look on Orlando Bloom and I can not wait for the hobbit to come out. About two years ago I watched all of the LOTR movies one right after another. I have been thinking about doing it again soon. Ya, I am a nerd like that.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:

I just can't get excited over a dwarf. They're so . . . Subterranean. And too enamored of gold. Nothing to do with the whole height thing.

It's not the dwarf thing that attracts me. I was over the moon for Richard Armitage long before I knew he was gonna be cast in this role. Not particularly attracted to dwarves in general, although I think Gimli is adorable...in a cute little puppy dog sort of way. LOL

I just looked him up. I may have to change my mind about dwarves. They are, after all, exceptional warriors. HA!

Hahaha! I know, right? He's actually 6'2" in reality, so I'm curious to see how they're going to pass him off as a dwarf. LOL

They do an awesome job! It is a lot of fun to see how they use perception and set pieces to fool the eye. Plus, they do have stand ins that can be used as needed when illusion itself is not enough.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I just watched one of the trailers for The Hobbit and i'm goin for Aidan Turner who plays Kili yummmmm :tongue:

I just can't get excited over a dwarf. They're so . . . Subterranean. And too enamored of gold. Nothing to do with the whole height thing.

It's not the dwarf thing that attracts me. I was over the moon for Richard Armitage long before I knew he was gonna be cast in this role. Not particularly attracted to dwarves in general, although I think Gimli is adorable...in a cute little puppy dog sort of way. LOL

I just looked him up. I may have to change my mind about dwarves. They are, after all, exceptional warriors. HA!

Hahaha! I know, right? He's actually 6'2" in reality, so I'm curious to see how they're going to pass him off as a dwarf. LOL

They do an awesome job! It is a lot of fun to see how they use perception and set pieces to fool the eye. Plus, they do have stand ins that can be used as needed when illusion itself is not enough.

I agree they did a great job with Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippen, but none of them were particularly tall to begin with. I don't think any of them are any taller than about 5'8" or so...based on the other roles I've seen them play. It's going to be much more challenging for them to make Richard look like a dwarf. Although, I believe the book describes him this way: "While shorter than elves or men, Thorin is said to be quite tall for a dwarf."