Lost weight and now shoes don't fit?!

Options
2»

Replies

• shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    OMG, I hope this doesn't happen to me. I couldn't bare to throw out my shoes lol!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens :smile: ...now you get to buy new shoes :happy: :drinker:
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Domi_BTGfit Posts: 149
    Options
    Yes! I had 60 pairs of shoes (literally!) - some not even worn... then I lost 20kg and almost none of them fit anymore. I went down 2/3 of a shoe size and have gone down another 1/3 since. I then GAINED 32kg in 12 months and the only highlight (or so I thought) was that I would be able to wear all of my favourite pairs of shoes again - wrong! This has been over the last 3 years and my feet never went back to their original size... I'm an entire size smaller than I was and that's that.

It's a good problem to have, as it means you've lost weight. BUT, it's a bad thing, as you have to invest in a new shoe collection.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I hope I find this to be true. When I was pregnant my feet got a .5 size bigger, so if this happens I can wear all my beautiful old shoes!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs and now some of my slip on shoes don't fit anymore - I get big gap at my heel when I try to walk and so they slip with every step.

Is it possible to lose fat from your feet so as to affect your shoe size, or am I just going crazy?!

Ohhhh yeah! That's one of the perks...NOW I don't have to buy wide-Extra Expensive shoes, I can just buy Regular Expensive Shoes. So far I have lost 3 shoe sizes!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs and now some of my slip on shoes don't fit anymore - I get big gap at my heel when I try to walk and so they slip with every step.

Is it possible to lose fat from your feet so as to affect your shoe size, or am I just going crazy?!

Fat comes off from all over eventually, the feet have fat on them, I think it is a good bet that as that fat disappears the feet will be smaller.

Get youself to that shoe-shop, you need some new footwear now :flowerforyou:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    YES this happened to me always size 4 - now shrunk to a 3! like i needed more reason to buy new shoes :smile: