Find out when youll reach your goal weight!

Options
Hi guys.

Apologies if this has been posted before! Found this and thought id share it on here as im finding it really useful! Its a calorie calculator really similar to mfps 'in 5 weeks you will weigh' feature, but tells you what your weight should be every week if you have a certain amount of calories per day.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Hope it helps!

Replies

• sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! :happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will be looking into this.

By this time next year...I could weigh 45.96 pounds.:laugh:

Actually, I found this very interesting and will print it off for inspiration.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out later.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its so accurate! I used it a few months ago when i started and I'm still bang where they said I'd be by now :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I should be hot stuff by xmas :drinker: but definitely at my first goal by Sept. Wow, that is not that far
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What? If you're set to lose 1 pound per week then just count the weeks... why do you need a web site to calculate this for you?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This is neat, thanks so much for posting it!! I won't be at my goal by my birthday next January but I'll be darn close. Amazing!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Huh....by next year, at this time, I'll weigh 47 lbs. LOL. Something doesn't seem quite right about THAT.... ;)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

Apologies if this has been posted before! Found this and thought id share it on here as im finding it really useful! Its a calorie calculator really similar to mfps 'in 5 weeks you will weigh' feature, but tells you what your weight should be every week if you have a certain amount of calories per day.

http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Hope it helps!
    I checked it out, and it's a good general estimate for those just starting out. I like MFP as I add exactly what I do as calorie burn and track it closely. I'm sure the results would be close to the same.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is great, I estimated It would take me a certain amount of time to drop to a certain weight and it will. I love it... printed it off and going to check each Thursday.

Thanks a million x
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    Didn't work so well for me. I eat 1600/day, but exercise off about 400. So do they consider that light activity? Or moderate? For me, that's just working (I stand/walk all day) and housework - I get lots more exercise calories when I actually put effort in. I tried it with 1600/day at light and moderate activity and 1200 with sedentary and got completely different results each time. Makes me wonder.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an eye opener, to see how the deficit can potentially decrease so substantially with the same calories is good to know. This will help me set goals. Thank you.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    What? If you're set to lose 1 pound per week then just count the weeks... why do you need a web site to calculate this for you?

It seems a little more complicated than that. It calculates the changing calorie needs and deficits as you lose weight. So if you weigh 250lb you need a certain deficit to lose 2lb, but if you weigh 125lb you would have different calculations. As you lose, your calculations change.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! One year from today I'll be back to my anorexic high school weight of 103! (Obviously not going there, espeically since I am only .2 lbs away from goal, so really I'm just in maintenence right now)
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank You :)
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Intrigued.... it says February for me, I'm looking forward to seeing if it happens!!!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!! Thanks!!!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I really like this. Thank you for sharing!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - it seems pretty accurate as my weight loss is very slow and sometimes masked by water weight. Nice to see when I could arrive at goal if I keep making healthy choices.
  • abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    EHR MER GERD! I'M GONNA BE 43 POUNDS IN JUNE OF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!