Find out when youll reach your goal weight!

Options

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    edit: ahahah nevermind. i see what i did wrong.
  • echarlto
    echarlto Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another way to get these predictions is with an Excel spreadsheet. You can autofill the first column with each day of the year. When you do a weigh-in (I do mine every Friday morning), you put that weight in the second column on the correct date. In Chart Wizard, it'll chart those points and then you can choose to have Excel draw a best-fit line for those points. As you add more points on the chart, it updates the best fit line. I like it a lot. Really boosts my confidence that I'll reach my goal. And if I plateau for a few weeks, it just pulls the line up a bit, instead of causing self-talk that I'm failing and will never reach my goal.
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    What? If you're set to lose 1 pound per week then just count the weeks... why do you need a web site to calculate this for you?

It seems a little more complicated than that. It calculates the changing calorie needs and deficits as you lose weight. So if you weigh 250lb you need a certain deficit to lose 2lb, but if you weigh 125lb you would have different calculations. As you lose, your calculations change.

it's not, really, more complicated than that. Your goals and your calories burned change along the way and you adjust with them. Why do people think math is complicated? It's not. REALLY it's not.

Maybe some people have more interesting stuff to do than work it out, and like the fact that someone else has done it.

And maybe some people DO find maths complicated. We can't all be perfect.

Some people really do find maths complicated. It's called dyscalculia and it prevents you from being able to think about numbers the way an English speaker might have trouble conceiving of Mandarin characters. They just mean nothing to you, and all of the concentrating in the world won't help. My sister has it quite badly, and if she stares at her math book for long enough, the numbers start to meld together. Once I did a simple calculation in my head and she looked at me as if I'd just performed black magic.

And for you (Original Person) to lord it over others because you're better at math than they are is fairly offensive. You may as well ask a diabetic person why they think producing insulin is so complicated, or a blind person why they can't be bothered seeing. It's not a decision to just not bother understanding it. Some people are good at it. Some people are bad at it. Some people can't do it at all. And it's none of your god-damned business anyway.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dawn_is_getting_healthy
    Options
    bump
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO i'll be back at my birthweight by 2014! :laugh:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I dont think this worked so well for me either... I mean it sounds like a good idea, but I eat calories tailored to the weight I am now... those will decrease as my weight decreases because i wont need to eat 1740 cals everyday... so shouldn't one put in their maintenance cals versus what theyre actually eating right now?
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me I should weight under 120 by now but I'm still at 122.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me I should weight under 120 by now but I'm still at 122.

thats still pretty awesome i'd say
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    There is also a cool site called weight mirror where you can upload a pic of yourself and it will show you what you will look like at your goal weight it's at http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/
  • shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump so I can find this later
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'm marking this on my calendar to see if it's true or not
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    thanks very interesting!
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    According to this I'd be at goal 1 month before my birthday. Looking forward to 36 :)
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    Eeee! According to this web site, I should hit my goal weight just before I go on vacation :D! I'm so excited now!!

I put in my weight when I started, and this is so close to my progress it's scary!

Thank you for posting this ~ seriously made my day!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump for later .Tks for the post
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    kind of lost can somebody answer this for me

1. the cals defcite is the cals I burn and don't eat back?
    2. the cals I burn is that every day or every week?
  • abede24
    abede24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Goal weight in.. November. Okay that is'n't too tooooo long. Seems a long way away right now though. They should probably cut off at around 95-100 so people don't go nuts on this.