Anyone else have an aversion to drinking water?

Options
124»

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll vouch for the Mio also. I HATE water unless I'm working out at the gym. I know the artificial sweetener may not be good, but it's better than what I was drinking... pepsi!!
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey, use what you have to do stay hydrated! I am a Diet Coke fiend, personally. If lemon or MiO helps you, then go for it. Just be aware that you'll be drinking calories that you could've used for food.

I personally like to slice up a lemon and a cucumber and let it soak in my water pitcher overnight. Occasionally I'll switch it up and do raspberry and mint or lemon and fresh ginger. It adds just enough flavor to eliminate the "water" taste but doesn't add much, if anything, in the way of calories.

And when all else fails, I just fill up a couple of bottles of water and make a point to chug one before each meal. Gets the job done and helps me not eat as much at meals. Two birds, one stone, really.

Good luck!
  • alvordj2
    alvordj2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had a doctor tell me once that you don't do yourself any good by downing huge amounts of water at one time. She said when you do this, it all goes right through you, and you don't absorb it like you should. Instead, you're "supposed to" sip it frequently throughout the day. I don't know, that's just what I've been told
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Another option instead of filling a large bottle and drinking from it throughout the day, or just chugging it, is to do the opposite. At the top of every hour, take a small cup/glass (even the little bathroom-sized paper cups), fill it, and drink it. Over the course of 16 hours, you'll come pretty close to drinking as many as 6 cups of water, but you'll never feel as though you're having to force it. Portions that small can be consumed in one quick gulp. (In an office setting, maybe take a quick walk to the water cooler on your way to the restroom (or sip from a water fountain.)