Is there a goat farm nearby or did you just workout?

Replies

• wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    I love my dove, but I use an Adidas antiperspirant when I work out. I mean, it won't stop the sweat completely, but I can't say I've ever left the gym reeking, either.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Stinky is good!

^^This! If I come home non-sweaty and clean smelling I know I've done something wrong. In fact the grosser I feel physically the better I feel about my work out. I think it goes without saying I don't bother with deoderant before working out. I just take a shower after.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Secret Clinical Strength in Ooh La La scent.... about 8 bucks at the grocery or drug store.

2nd this!! My sister is the same when working out and she uses this! U can get a pack of 3 at costco for a very good price.

Third this! But, I use the unscented variety for sensitive skin. Fragrances always give me rashes. :-(

I second the third, but minus the rashes.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    I tried both the Secret Clinical Strength and the Degree Clinical Strength, and could not tolerate the high levels of aluminum in them. I use the Degree Ultra Clear, and that works pretty well. I also use a little FDS for sweat that may not be coming from my pits!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Just switched to a deodorant stone. I only use it once per day and it was CHEAP. Not only am I NEVER stinky anymore (and I work out a LOT), but it is completely non toxic. sadly, the same cannot be said for most deodorants. Here is thier website:

http://www.deodorantstones.com/
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Don't you want to sweat? Isn't that the point? Who cares how soaked your clothes are, everyone in the gym or where ever, will think you worked your *kitten* off to get that way.
    As for B.O. armpit funk is much more tollerable that sweaty nasty *kitten* funk!!! I have been stuck next to people at the gym, who smell like they need a lesson in Wiping/Washing of the Rear 101
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    People sweat when the work out -- so what? I just use the same deodorant I use for every day. After I work out I take a shower. ??
  • I use mens deodorant like Sure but really don't tend to go anywhere after the gym except the shower!! And if I do then I'm in my gym stuff with my gym bag and a face like a tomato - go figure where I've been then you'll know why I smell :laugh:

Stinky and Proud :drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    If I workout in public, say at a health club, I'll shower BEFORE I work out. If the bacteria is already there, your sweat is just going to feed it and here comes the stench! I also shower afterwards and I use deodorant. :)
    If you can smell yourself, others can too, and I HATE B.O. Yuck. lol
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Wow! I love all the great replies and the funny comments! You guys are great. Never really thought about Men's deodorant. Thanks for all of the help!
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    I use my husband's Old Spice Deodorant in "Pure Sport" scent. It holds up pretty well for me, and it is aluminum free (it is only a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant).
  • Prilla04
    Just switched to a deodorant stone. I only use it once per day and it was CHEAP. Not only am I NEVER stinky anymore (and I work out a LOT), but it is completely non toxic. sadly, the same cannot be said for most deodorants. Here is thier website:

http://www.deodorantstones.com/

Very interesting. I will check that out.
  • Prilla04
    My regular deodorant seems to work just fine...Dove.

I used to use Dove, but it did not work for me when I started working out -- I've switched to Degree.

Yes, I'm afraid I've sent Dove running and whimpering away like a scaled dog before.
  • Prilla04
    OK, missed the point of this thread... I actually live near a goat farm. LOL

That's a convenient money saver. ;)
  • Secret Invisible Solid - Powder Fresh

I love it. When I work out, I smell like baby powder lol.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Stinky and proud here too!

I am usually alone when I work out anyway - I run outdoors (usually alone) and I do fitness dvds in the privacy of my home.

I like to gross out my husband when I get in from a long run though :)

An underarm deodorant is n't going to stop the rest of the body sweating anyway is it??
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Febreeze

^^^^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And the best answer award goes to.....

Seriously, to answer your question, I use Secret Gel Deodorant (any scent, but prefer a vanilla or tropical).
  • jcstanton
    Axe for Men, Goat Farm Scent.

That way you can claim that you smell like a bag of fresh goat *kitten*, on purpose. It's a win-win, really.

:laugh: I don't know what you've been taking lately, but it seems to have made you funnier somehow. I laughed so loud at this one that my boss came running to see what was so funny. Nice work, Mr. Lawyer/Martial Arts Expert/Comedian. :drinker:
  • jcstanton
    Axe for Men, Goat Farm Scent.

That way you can claim that you smell like a bag of fresh goat *kitten*, on purpose. It's a win-win, really.

:laugh: I don't know what you've been taking lately, but it seems to have made you funnier somehow. I laughed so loud at this one that my boss came running to see what was so funny. Nice work, Mr. Lawyer/Martial Arts Expert/Comedian. :drinker:

Axe for Men.

Their commercials are totally realistic. I was a 400 pound homeless guy before I bought their body spray... I used it, became uber-awesome and three hot chicks walked out of my shower in towels.

True story.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've said the same thing about perfume commercials, make-up ads, etc... "You're fat and ugly, but don't worry. Use our product and you can look like a supermodel!"
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    I use my husband's Old Spice Deodorant in "Pure Sport" scent. It holds up pretty well for me, and it is aluminum free (it is only a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant).

Lol...I actually use Woman's Degree spray- Shower Clean, for yrs now . Works wonders, Light scented like baby powder.