Weddings and Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I would like to get married sometime next year. Possibly in the spring. I would like to lose most of the weight by then. june 7 08 is my sisters wedding and I would like to weigh less than 215 by then which is about 25 lbs to lose
  • kristinfrederiksen
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I am Maid of Honour for my best friends wedding. She is getting married in Jamaica in January 2009. So far I've lost 2 pounds and my goal is to lose 40 pounds total. I wanna look good in the dress AND in a bikini on the beach!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Welcome Everyone!
  • nicole777
    nicole777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey i just got married 5 months ago. i wish i found this site before my weding. it was a very very small wedding but i saw my wedding pictures and i look terrible! but im going on vacation in may and really really want to lose 20 lbs by then. its so hard tho. i dont like excercise and i really dont like diets but i've been doing good for the last 2 weeks.
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm getting married August 2nd. I've already lost about 30 lbs over the past two years and now have 10 more to go. My dress fits but if i breath it may bust and I really don't want to have to get it let out. Good luck to all of ya'll with your weddings/weightloss. :-)
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    The dress is a collared 3 quarter sleeve wrap dress. In lavender. Scary. And I have to wear it twice, because pictures are on a Friday, and the ring ceremony is on Sat....geez louise.
    The wedding is in Florida (love the sunshine) for a friend from college.

Wow what a dress. At least you'll be in Florida. I would be glad just for that. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun in the sun. :happy:
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    I'm totally in too... My wedding is June 14th 2008! it's coming up... my office and i have been doing "biggest loser" competitions since last april... i've already dropped down 35 pounds... but i'm trying to get about 25 or more off.

I started at 205 pounds and currently am at 170... though i want to get to 140 - 145...

I'm currently stuck in a plateau as my doc put me on muscle relaxers for a neck spasm...

First, welcome, and congratulations on your success so far! I hope you have a quick recovery with your neck spasm. That doesn't sound good. When you're feeling better, we'll get you back on track to reach your goal! ;)
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    I just uploaded my picture finally. I chose to put up a picture of the dress I have to wear for my girlfriends wedding in July....what do ya think?

It's lovely!!! and actually you are already one step ahead of the game..

Our first challenge is going to be to post a picture of the dress/outfit on your profile that you will be wearing in the wedding/other upcoming event. If you don't know yet, that's ok. Try to find a picture of one you like and post it. You don't have to be wearing the dress/outfit. I will try to keep track of everyone who does this challenge. You have until Sunday (2-23) night to do this. Please post here when you have completed this challenge!

More challenges to come....
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just thought that I would say I'm up for this as well. I'm standing up as a bridesmaid on April 18th, so that doesn't give me too much time but I'm going to see what I can do.

Currently, I've lost a few pounds, down about 7, and I'm hoping by the wedding to be down about 20 lbs overall, which I think is attainable.

As for the dress, the color is Marine from David's Bridal, the dress is a beautiful strapless gown with side rouching and a sparkly pin thing on the side, the dress goes to the floor. I've also turned the bride to this site and she's doing well also! Thanks for the support, and good luck to everyone!

Welcome! Congrats on your first 7 lbs. I haven't lost any yet, but I've just started. That sounds like the dress that I've picked out for my bridesmaids too! I *love* it!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Hi, group,

I have compiled a list of all the members in this group so I can track the challenges.
    Please let me know if your name is missing.

Also, I've tried to add you all as friends. Good luck with Challenge number 1!

jammergirl99
    bauekel
    moidyn
    heatther
    delightedin
    suevittorioso
    kpawlishak
    m scaduto
    mystery7707
    hollyhobbes
    cp005
    kmccleery04
    hmmmm
    kristinfredericksen
    nicole777
    aggiejane07
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Congrats on getting married!!!:bigsmile: I have not even picked out my dress yet!!! YIKES!!! I'm getting married Sept 6, 2008 :love: I just joined today, but I'm sure we will see a lot more posts!!! Just remember we are always going to look back at those pictures. I just want to make sure I can look back and smile~

Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement! You will be smiling your entire wedding day because we are going to motivate you to lose that weight! :) I'd recommend David's Bridal if there's one near you. It's a great place to start looking.
    Jess
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post! Count me in - I'm getting married on June 7. I started the year at over 200 but I'm at 185.6 right now and have been for about a week. I'd love to lose at least 20 more. My dress is in another state right now but when I tried it on last (9 months ago) it didn't zIp. :grumble: I'm confident that it will now, though - I've dropped a couple sizes already!
    We can do this!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Updated List

jammergirl99
    bauekel
    moidyn
    heatther
    delightedin
    suevittorioso
    kpawlishak
    m scaduto
    mystery7707
    hollyhobbes
    cp005
    kmccleery04
    hmmmm
    kristinfredericksen
    nicole777
    aggiejane07
    melathon
  • kkurz
    kkurz Posts: 20
    Options
    I posted the pic from David's Bridal on my profile of my gown... the only difference is it's in Marine blue instead of the Red.

I have to say... it already arrived and i put it on over the weekend for them to set pins for alterations... and it's 100 times better in Blue!

The best part is that it has a corset back... so it fits me now (a bit tightly)... but i can still drop down to where i want to be and it will still fit perfectly!

and to reply to the previous poster... this totally isnt JUST for the wedding... yes, that gives me a deadline to get *to* my desired weight... but this is totally lifestyle change. my fiance had dropped 30 pounds before we met... adn dropped i think another 20 after we started dating... he's a total workout junkie! lol...

so the wedding is an added motivation :tongue:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    I just posted a picture in my profile of a dress I really like. I am not sure if it is 'the' one or not, but it is something to start with:smile:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have just over a year until i get married...but i want to loose 30 lbs by this summer so i can go dress shopping! I currently weigh about 185 and i want t get down to 155 (orless!)

I am so bad at being consistant! I am in school and when i have an exam of clinicals I tend to go crazy in the food!! Tuesddays and wednesdays i get up at 4am to be at my clinical site by 6:30 (it is an hour away!) so...you know...exhaustion + stress = fattening foods!

There is no way i can get thin if i don't get my stress eating under control!!!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    What lovely dresses I am seeing.. I just uploaded a couple pictures. One is a group shot of me with my nieces and my sister. The other is just my sister and I and my two jr. bridesmaids. Hope you can make out the dress.. the image quality isn't that great.. Oh well... Stay on track ladies, we can do this! remember the challenge ends tomorrow night. Then on to a new challenge, a little harder this time ;)
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Our first challenge is going to be to post a picture of the dress/outfit on your profile that you will be wearing in the wedding/other upcoming event. If you don't know yet, that's ok. Try to find a picture of one you like and post it. You don't have to be wearing the dress/outfit. I will try to keep track of everyone who does this challenge. You have until Sunday (2-23) night to do this. Please post here when you have completed this challenge!

Ah. Duh. I was like, "What challenge is she talking about? Are we having a weigh-in already??"
    I figured it out.
    My dress is actually from JCrew and I posted a picture from their website since I don't have the dress with me. I'm actually not wearing a white one; it's a color called "quartz" - a very pale pink.
    When I bought the dress a year ago it didn't even zip but now I'm really afraid it's going to be too big to even alter (especially up top) and now I don't even know if I like it anymore. Yikes.
    Whatever! I'll figure something out and it's not really about the dress, is it? :smile:
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Happy Monday! :flowerforyou:

Did you stay on track over the weekend? I had a hard time, but I managed. :) My fiance has been home sick since Friday and I am trying desperately to NOT get sick.

I just wanted to post the winners of Challenge #1. Congratulations to all of you!

melathon
    mystery7707
    mscaduto
    kpawlishak
    bauekel
    jammergirl99

The next challenge will be a little harder. The first one was just for fun! :)

Challenge #2
    How much water can you drink in a day? Drink at least 64 oz of water each day for 1 week. Can you drink more? Don't drown yourself, but it is good for you to drink more than 64 oz daily. Most of us need more water in order to lose weight according to our BMI. Each day, post how much water you had to drink here. But don't forget to log it into your food diary as well! I will keep tally and post the winners next Monday. This challenge ends Sunday, March 2 at midnight.

To a fit and healthy life,
    Jess
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Hey now.. where did you all go? Introduce challenges and scare you off?