BACON

Options

Replies

• spatters77
    spatters77 Posts: 10
    Options
    I like to fry my Turkey bacon in a pig bacon grease, tastes like the real thing.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Friends don't let friends eat turkey bacon.

QFT. Turkey bacon is akin to crack without a pipe.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    OK.. this is gonna make a lot upset... but if you want bacon...skip the turkey bacon crap! Sure its tasty...but it is LOADED with sodium and artificial CRAP...so if you have a bacon craving...go for the real deal...

Hell... I plan to have a bacon wedding cake someday! :)

Oh my goodness.....I would love to come to your wedding and have that.....lol! bacon is awesome!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon anyday. I grew up on regular bacon but in the past year since watching what I eat I've been eating turkey bacon and anytime I do eat regular bacon it taste so satly so me that I can't eat it. I LOVE turkey bacon! Yummy! And it taste great in the microwave! That's how I make it everytime actually!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    OK.. this is gonna make a lot upset... but if you want bacon...skip the turkey bacon crap! Sure its tasty...but it is LOADED with sodium and artificial CRAP...so if you have a bacon craving...go for the real deal...

Hell... I plan to have a bacon wedding cake someday! :)

I love you. PERFECT ANSWER!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    OMG, I LOVE bacon!!! Turkey bacon doesn't even come close IMO...
  • ssuksdorf
    ssuksdorf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Check the nutrition stats for real bacon vs. turkey bacon. There's no benefit to getting the turkey. Most turkey bacon has more calories than the bacon I normally get, actually.

+1
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I don't eat bacon often, but when I do, I prefer turkey.

Actually, that's a lie. Nothing can replace a fat slab of maple smoked, pan fried pork bacon. Unfortunately, my mouth and brain have a different opinion of bacon than my stomach and lower GI tract, so I crave pork, and I eat turkey.

Sigh.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do not like Turkey Bacon. It doesn't have the same texture or taste for me!

I still eat bacon and I bake it in the oven and dab the grease of with paper towels. I can't give it up.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I love turkey bacon! Mostly because I don't like the thick strips of fat on regular bacon. I'm a huge fan of TBLA sandwiches (turkey bacon, lettuce, and apple) - we cook apple slices in the pan after we cook the bacon ... really ups the flavor. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I just can't resist opening a post titled Bacon. Turkey Bacon is not up to the Bacon standards I hold.

And while we're at it, neither is that paper-thin grocery store brand bacon.

THICK BACON NEED ONLY APPLY.
  • Wanderlost
    Wanderlost Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you don't compare it to regular bacon, turkey bacon as a food product is pretty good. If you are expecting it to "be like bacon" you will be sorely disappointed. I much prefer regular bacon.

I've tried to get on the turkey bandwagon. I've tried Turkey Pepperoni (can't stand it), Turkey Meatballs (much better than regular meatballs), Turkey Bacon (okay), and Turkey Sausage (can't tell the difference).

I figure 50% isn't bad.
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    To be totally honest it is an aquired taste. If you are expecting it to taste like pork bacon you are going to be dissapointed. I actually prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon now. I buy the butter ball brand. It's 25 calories per slice. Give it a try. What do you have to loose, but a couple of bucks.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG I love Bacon! (esp. chocolate covered bacon)

My parents eat Turkey bacon and really like it. I personally prefer the pig. I think it's crisper and I like the taste better.

d*mn now I want bacon......
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is great. I just find it a little bit salty
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    All things are better when bacon is involved!! :love:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Check the nutrition stats for real bacon vs. turkey bacon. There's no benefit to getting the turkey. Most turkey bacon has more calories than the bacon I normally get, actually.

+1

When I compared turkey bacon to regular bacon, the difference was minimal. I can't remember exactly what it was, but the serving size for bacon was two pieces and for turkey bacon it was one piece. If I ate two pieces of turkey bacon, which I would, it was very close. I chose the real bacon. =)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just love me some bacon and have been so scared to try turkey bacon - it just seems so weird to me. So tell me what yall think of turkey bacon please and shouId I try it. Thanks for the help.
    Stacey

Turkey bacon is like jewish christmas. When one joins the other, no such thing.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Are you just happy to see me or is that bacon in your pocket?
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i like turkey bacon, but i heard it was not as good for you as we think it is. just saying. real bacon in moderation, like everything else is just fine. eat the real thing girlfriend. only two slices though!!! LOL