BACON

Options

Replies

• BeSophisticate
    Options
    Yes please.

Oh, sorry. I missed the question there for a second. A: I've tried turkey bacon and I think it's fine. It doesn't taste just like bacon, of course, but it does have that smoky flavor, generally.
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer turkey bacon over regular bacon, surprisingly enough.

TOTALLY agree with this. Love me some turkey bacon!
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Turkey bacon is 'okay' but REAL bacon is SOOO much better! I think turkey bacon tasted so processed (mine did at least) and I ended up not buying it anymore. I'm actually getting ready to eat a BLT for lunch, lol! :laugh:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon.. It tends to be really salty so opt for a lower sodium brand :) 2 slices at 2minutes 30 seconds in the microwave is how i like it. Comes out super crispy :)
  • wefarnum
    wefarnum Posts: 2
    Options
    The only thing on the planet that bacon cannot improve is the pig.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like them both, but, other than the extreme saltiness, they don't really taste alike. So it's not a very good replacement for pork bacon. Really, though, other than the fact that turkey bacon has a little less fat, one isn't really any healthier than the other. If you prefer the pork bacon, you can keep eating that. Just eat smaller portions and don't make a habit of it.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    OK.. this is gonna make a lot upset... but if you want bacon...skip the turkey bacon crap! Sure its tasty...but it is LOADED with sodium and artificial CRAP...so if you have a bacon craving...go for the real deal...

Hell... I plan to have a bacon wedding cake someday! :)

I hate to break it to you, but regular bacon is also extremely salty. (I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't beat me up!) :wink:
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    All things are better when bacon is involved!! :love:

This!!!
  • krisleve
    krisleve Posts: 7
    Options
    Have you ever watched that show "How its Made"? Watch the episode where they make turkey bacon, it's ummmm...interesting to say the least. I wouldn't eat it
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I don't like the texture of it.

Totally agree!! For me it's a texture thing, and well the taste isn't the same either. Bacon is bacon and nothing can replace it! I just had BLT's yesterday too :) Like another person said, I don't cut out foods, I just eat it in moderation!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched that show "How its Made"? Watch the episode where they make turkey bacon, it's ummmm...interesting to say the least. I wouldn't eat it

Ew, just reading this makes me not want to watch it LOL. I don't like to know how things are made!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    The turkey bacons I've tried are really pretty good. They're still full of nitrates/nitrites though, so I only eat any bacon very occasionally. I did try one all natural turkey bacon --bleh.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is not that bad. It will never equal up to regular pig bacon but it's pretty good. My 13 yr old is VERY picky about what he eats and he loves it!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    its good. try it youll probably be suprised. I also do turkey sausage and I love it. I feed it to my man and he doesnt know the difference. ( until he finds out then its gross lol)
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bacon makes everything better!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    why would you ever switch?!

mmm bacon. toss the sugar imo. eat dem fatz
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is good, just not quite the same. I enjoy it, but not as much as real bacon. I buy turkey and chicken bacon for certain recipes, and a few times it calls for reduced salt regular bacon. That makes me happy. I learned from Rocco DiSpirito that if you love bacon, getting real bacon bits is a good idea. All the bacon taste with much less fat, salt and calories.

14877786.png
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon isn't 'the same', but it isn't bad if you get a decent type. Not all are made alike. I've had awful turkey bacon, and I've had decent too.
  • Psalmist4YHWH
    Psalmist4YHWH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ENJOY having Turkey Bacon! Think I will have some tonight for dinner ;0) Thanks for the post... I do not eat any pork.
  • Diana59
    Diana59 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hormel puts out real Bacon Bits that are 60% (I think) less fattening than regular bacon bits and it's still real bacon.