Overnight Oats...why didn't I do this sooner?!

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
I've always seen overnight oats online but never decided to go for them (even though I love oatmeal...). But...I got bored last night and decided to mix some up. After the first batch looked so good, I made two more! LOL I get excited..

Anyway! They were outrageously delicious and I can't believe I didn't make these sooner :noway: Anyone mind sharing some recipes? I know there are a million on the internet, but what is your favorite combo?

I made these last night:

Blueberry Maple

1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup FF Plain Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup GNC Total Lean Vanilla Shake
2/3 cup blueberries
1/4 cup SF syrup

Banana Caramel

1/3 cup Oats
1/4 cup Light & Fit Caramel Delight
1/3 cup Unswt Coconut Milk
2 tbsp SF syrup
1 small banana, sliced
Few drops of vanilla extract
Cinnamon

Pina Colada (this one was my favorite!)

1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup FF Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Unswt Coconut Milk
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 cup Pineapple, chopped
1 packet Truvia

I had a bite of all three this morning...couldn't resist...and they were all so tasty and easy! Mmmm this may be my next addiction...

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats / Refrigerator Oatmeal is a staple of my diet now, especially the days I bicycle in to work.

I simply entered a "Fridge Oatmeal Base" recipe of 1/4 cup old fashioned oats and 1/4 cup yogurt. Then I mix in the fixins' as desired (current favorite = 1 tablespoon each of cocoa baking powder, crunchy peanut butter, and molasses, 1 teaspoon cinnamon).

My daughter, "she of the Cheez-it addiction", has started to love it too. For her I just take instant oatmeal (so it can be served immediately) and mix it with equal parts yogurt, then toss in some cinnamon and a squirt of hershey's chocolate syrup or some honey. I sneak in peanut butter when she isn't looking. (grin)
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh man - thanks for sharing!!! I can't wait to try these!
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    those sound delicious. thank you for sharing. :D
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    thank you very much!
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thedurttybride
    Options
    Yum!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gotta try. Thanks,
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bump. interesting idea, thank-you!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    What do you do? Just mix all those ingredients cold and put them in the refrigerator overnight? And then do you heat it up in the morning?
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    never heard of this before ... is it like a pudding? what do you do? just mix it up and put in fridge until the morning?
  • nanagain
    nanagain Posts: 20
    Options
    recipes sound delicious..but how exactly do you make overnight oatmeal? :-)
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to make the oat part (Oats, greek yogurt and almond milk) and then use it as the base of my smoothie each morning. Made it nice and thick and healthy!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    yum!!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    One of my longtime staples as well..

As an FYI -- you CAN buy gluten free oats (they work great too) and so other gluten free grains like amaranth, quinoa flakes, millet and teff. Since I stopped eating so much gluten I actually feel much better and this is a simple exchange.

If you google "overnight oats" you'll find a zillion recipes -- or look for it on pinterest.
  • nanagain
    nanagain Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks! :-)
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    Weird question - has anyone every successfully done a savory overnight oatmeal?
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    Chocolate overnight oatmeal

You will need:
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    2 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
    1 tbsp. stevia
    1/2 banana (sliced)
    1 tbsp. unsweetened carob chips

Ok mix every thing but the chips and the banana chucks, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. In the morning uncover and put the chips and banana on top…….then enjoy
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Bump
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I did not even know what this was I had to Google it, but what a great idea. I tried buying some quick oats so I could eat at the office and microwave and OH MY they over flowed everywhere!!! I said never again. But I will for sure try this. I usually make my breakfast at night for the next day while I make me lunch... usually eggs of some kind but this will be nice change.

Thanks