What's your position on snacks at night?

Options
13»

Replies

• shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I frequently have a snack late in the late evening...like 9-10 pm. It hasn't made a difference in my weight loss. As long as it fits into my daily calories, it doesn't matter, for me anyway!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    The kitchen is always open....as long as I'm not going over my calories!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have done a good amount of research on this topic, and found that most fit people agree that snacking at night is perfectly okay as long as it fits your calorie requirements. I often skip breakfast and eat the majority of my calories at night. I know this is a big NO-NO for many dieters, but it suits me just fine :tongue: .

16774070.png

Sounds a little like me. Sometimes I just don't have the things to make breakfast, sometimes I over sleep or whatever the case may be.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want -- as long as it fits into my daily calorie goals.

This.
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    On my back in bed :devil:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want. Typically I eat 6 slices of toast, 2 tbsp of PB (real stuff), 1-2 chobani's, a bowl of cereal (2 -3 servings) plus 1/2 cup milk, and an entire pint (yep, 2 cups) of ice cream between 8:30 & 9:30 PM then off to bed. Make no difference as long as you're within your calorie goals.

-M
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If I want something yes I do snack. It's not biggie as long as I'm not having pancakes with tons of syrup with a side of bacon and eggs with some hash browns, hell I won't even have that for breakfast. But I will have something healthy like popcorn or even prunes and even something to cure a craving like a popcycle.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    i eat a snack right before bed every night. feed my muscles!! i make sure its a slow releasing protein with healthy fats though. steal my recipe;)

-1 scoop casein protein powder (i use cookies n cream by ON...chocolate is yummy too)
    -1 TBSP natural nut butter
    -add almond milk and mix until its pudding like

freeze for half hour

thank me later. ;)

That sounds good!!!!!!!! I very well might be thanking you later!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want -- as long as it fits into my daily calorie goals.

Same.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    snacks at night are my favorite.

Most days I eat most of my calories between 5 and 10 pm
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    Yes if your feeling hungery listen to your body somtimes I do or drink a cup of water and if your still hungery have somthing my favorite is a small portion of greek yougert and a handfull of unsalted Sunflower seeds Its satisfing and will stay with you but its light and you don't feel th eguilt of a binge.
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the comments regarding the snack fitting within your calorie allowance and being something sensible. I typically eat dinner between 7:30pm and 9:00pm. I always have something sweet and a cup of hot tea to end the day. For me, something sweet has been a cup of frozen fruit pieces that I nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds to thaw them out a bit. I've also never followed nor do I agree with someone using some magic hour at which to stop eating. If you're hungry, satisfy that hunger -- within reason.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think in a general strategy its all about how many calories you eat within a 24 hour period vs what you burn. When your goal is agressive, such as 5% body fat for example you usually require more precision in what you do to get there. For me part of my strategy is now the timing of everything. I want to get the best bang for my buck whether its what I eat, my exercise or my rest and get there as quickly as possible. What is the optimum time, given my schedule, to eat and exercise, etc.? So, currently I avoid any food after dinner so that 3-4 hours before I go to sleep to give my system a head start for tomorrow. This gives my digestive system time to work more efficiently and cleanse for the next day. Its a trick/enhancement that can help speed progress and will give great results for some people. But it may not work for everyone and should not be a universal rule of any kind. It just works for me presently. There are times, however, when we really need to listen to our body and sometimes the message is to fuel. The challenge it to be able to determine if its a real need or a just a want.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If Im hungry and have the calories for it I will have a night snack....I end up having a night snack most nights :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I almost always save a few calories for an evening snack. We usually eat dinner around 5:30 or 6:00, so that's a long time to go until 8:00 the next morning! (I eat a yogurt at work every morning)
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options

same here!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have an evening snack every night as long as it fits into my calories. Usually I save between 200-300 for my evening snack. I usually eat some fruit and yogurt, but occasionally it's fro-yo or ice cream.
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A snack at night is my reward for staying within my calorie range and getting plenty of exercise during the day.
    We all have to make a decision about whether this is a DIET, or if its a lifestyle change. A DIET is no fun, its a temporary change just to lose weight, and nothing more.
    For me, this is a lifestyle change. I'm training myself to know that I can make both healthy choices, and still eat what I want (within reason), as long as I am willing to put in the work.
    My absolute favorite thing as a late night, summer snack is Skinny Cow's Chocolate Truffle Bar (100 calories(,
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    I almost always eat right before bed. Usually peanut butter (2tbls) & bread or crackers. And lite ice cream (:
    It seems to help my digestive system actually haha
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've had a bedtime snack ("night lunch") since I was little and I don't plan on stopping. I sleep better and wake up better if I have something in my stomach when I go to sleep.