What Did You Want To Be?

Options

Replies

• i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Then: a psychologist, a firefighter, a police officer, a marine biologist, and a mom (I always wanted that one the rest were phases)
    Now: a stay at home mom with 5 kids (the number I always wanted) when my 3 year old starts school I plan on being a mail lady
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Then: Lawyer
    Now: Mean

You're not mean.

See, you say *kitten* like that.. Grr. See, mean.

Uhm... I'm so afraid? I think. No, not really.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Then - school teacher (stupid mandatory calculus threw this dream to the wind)

Now - video maker on YouTube and unpaid writer (trying to publish first novella); I make no money doing videos. :P
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a bank robber or a jewel thief, dressed nice, rolling dice and having fun while other people slaved away at their crummy jobs.
    And I grew up to be me - A "Business Broker"..:wink:
    Mission accomplished!
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Then: Fighter Pilot

Now: I am a nursing student (BSN) and will specialize in ER/Trauma. I plan to further that degree by getting my master's and then nurse practitioner degree.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I wanted to be a bank robber or a jewel thief, dressed nice, rolling dice and having fun while other people slaved away at their crummy jobs.
    And I grew up to be me - A "Business Broker"..:wink:
    Mission accomplished!

Haha!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    when i was in grade school i wanted to be a goalie in the NHL...then i found out only men could play hockey at that level. Then i wanted to be a writer.

Now i am a historian, which in many ways means i am a writer.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Then: Single.

Now: Annoyed I didn't stick to that.

Just kidding, kind of.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh, also my brother was going to be a professional wrestler and I was going to be his manager. That one didn't work out.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Veterinarian or a police officer or in the military. Almost enlisted right after high school but didn't go through with it (I still wish I had, 15 years later), and right now I work with cops as a dispatcher and 911 operator. Maybe when I get my butt in shape I'll become 5-0.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Lego designer and now I'm an engineer.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    when i was in grade school i wanted to be a goalie in the NHL...then i found out only men could play hockey at that level. Then i wanted to be a writer.

Now i am a historian, which in many ways means i am a writer.

The Lightning had a female goalie once! Though not sure if she ever got out of training camp. Can't remember anymore.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

Just kidding, kind of.
    OUCH - :laugh: That's good...
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    When I was little I wanted to be a pilot. I am a mechanic/welder for a helicopter company today. I went through pilot school long enough to get my private license and came to the conclusion that I really like flying the aircraft but everything else wasn't for me- the constant anal retentive nature of being a pilot sucked all the fun out of it. Now I get to be near and have a part in what I love without feeling like I want to kill someone at the end of the day.
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Then: An Artist (drawing, painting, fine arts)

Now: I work at a sign shop doing the occasional graphic design but pretty much get roped into doing stuff no one else likes to do like vinyl installation/removal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    An artist. And now I'm a graphic designer. =)
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I wanted to be a ballerina, then a fireman (yes, I was that specific), a marine biologist, and photographer.

I am currently an out-of-work photographer, creative genius, housewife and mother, as well as a data entry technician.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an engineer and make all kinds of new electronic Gadgets. When I was in 8th grade they came to my school and showed us Cell phones and pagers to be. I went on to work in the electronics field but just as a technician not an Engineer. Oh-well since then I have switched over to the business field. I totally like what I do now way better but I live in the country and am not on the cutting edge of technology.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I remember as a really young kid I always wanted to be "a lady" (dress up in girly costumes with face paint make-up and strut around the house)

Today: I'm a real lady! Well, most of the time. Professionally I am an animator, so... If you consider making cartoons all day "ladylike", then I have succeeded!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Just kidding, kind of.
    OUCH - :laugh: That's good...

Significant other is PMSing, so I kicked him out. :)