Working out before breakfast? Working out twice a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning, but I have to be at work early, so in order to get a descent workout I have to get up 3:30-4:00. I did it all last summer but it's pretty draining, can't get motivated anymore. I've been sticking with after work and it's been ok, thinking maybe once it's light out at 5 i can add a walk with the dog for 30 min before work.
  • Alice_104
    Options
    Exercise before breakfast is the best way out when it comes to weight loss.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6am ish with the kids then sort them out and do 30-60mins cardio from fitness blender then maybe 40 mins kettlebell in the afternoon/evening. I find I get bored if I dont workout during the day and I go at it better knowing I have a nice breakfast waiting afterwards. I dont really eat before 11am so Im fine to workout. I jsut dont get hungry til then
  • teaparty75
    Options
    I don't eat before working out. It makes me nauseous, all that running & jumping around with food sloshing in my belly. And, eating after exercise gives me something to look forward to! :wink:

^^THIS ....that after the workout meal is soooo good !! LOL
  • Nmt100
    Nmt100 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't function without food and therefore have to eat before I cycle to work. As for working out twice a day. I cycle to and from work. I also do strength training 3 times a week using the work gym when I get there and run twice during the week when I get home after my cycle.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Back when I was working out before breakfast...I lost the most weight....that actually got me to where I'm at now...since jobs changed...I havent been able to work out in the morning before work...and yes, seems like I've hit a plateau of sorts...I feel more muscles popping up lol....but don't feel like I'm getting thinner :X

So....I'd say go with it...just don't overdo it...if you start to get a headache, blurred vision, etc....obviously stop and go grab something to eat....
  • ashleywingo7
    ashleywingo7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to workout on an empty stomach, it makes me sick. I have always ate a small snack, usually half of a banana, before my workout and ate an actual breakfast about an hour after my workout. I haven't had any problems losing weight this way.
    As for working out once or twice a day, pre-pregnancy I worked out 2-3 times daily. 30 minutes every morning, 45-60 minutes in the afternoon/evening and occasionally I would do 60-90 minutes at night. The length of time varied depending on the workout I had scheduled.
    I'm just starting my workouts back up after a baby so I'm at one scheduled workout daily and hope to be up to my previous routine soon. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=244842&stc=1&d=1367655835