Am I a bad parent...

Options

Replies

• boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You let your kid use TP? What do you do with all your junk mail?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    No! They use like a roll per visit!

But how do you not get caught? Do they not invade your bathroom time!? I don't think I've gone alone since 2001.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    As long as you don't have them using dried corn cobs and sand paper.

Cheap toilet paper might as well be sandpaper! So the answer is yes
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    After the 2012 apocalypse there will be no toilet paper, so you can just gradually phase it out all all together. You're only preparing them for the future, and THAT is the mark of a good parent.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When I was little, we lived in the mountains and had no electricity or running water... or toilet paper.

We peed and pooped outside and, well, rocks and leaves did the cleanup.

(I hope no one was eating when they read that)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    When I was little, we lived in the mountains and had no electricity or running water... or toilet paper.

We peed and pooped outside and, well, rocks and leaves did the cleanup.

(I hope no one was eating when they read that)

I guess I'll save that salad for later. Bonus is that I have cookies now cause I tossed them. :laugh: :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    No! They use like a roll per visit!

But how do you not get caught? Do they not invade your bathroom time!? I don't think I've gone alone since 2001.

She is now grossed out by naked mommy parts (she's 12), so I get all the alone time I want. I hide them with the tampons...she hasn't started her period yet, but has a stash of pads...she won't even open the tampon cupboard...too gross
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    kids waste toilet paper. my kids use the regular scott, i use the soft scott.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    After the 2012 apocalypse there will be no toilet paper, so you can just gradually phase it out all all together. You're only preparing them for the future, and THAT is the mark of a good parent.

You see!? I am a good mommy!!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We all wreck our kids in our own special ways. You are just wreaking your havoc on their bottoms...better than their little psyches. :flowerforyou:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    my mom used one of those clothesline zip leases left me in the yard for hours all my toys were lined in a neat row , there was a 5 gallon bucket under a shade tree for pooping and plenty of bagged leaves id stay out there at night of the preacher visted , i turned out fine .....shifts eyes
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    people still use toilet paper?

my *kitten* is worth the charmin bum wipes.
    so clean you could eat off it.

It's all lotiony....lol

you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea ;)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    ...for buying the cheap cardboard toilet paper for my kid and hiding the Charmin Extra Soft in a secret spot so she can't use it.?

Nope. This is the same as me buying my kids the generic cereal and putting it in a plastic container and then buying myself the good, brand name stuff! :-)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    ...for buying the cheap cardboard toilet paper for my kid and hiding the Charmin Extra Soft in a secret spot so she can't use it.?

Nope. This is the same as me buying my kids the generic cereal and putting it in a plastic container and then buying myself the good, brand name stuff! :-)

I do that too!!! *whew!*
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Heck no. I hide everything from my kids. All the expensive chocolate is hidden, all the 'good' almond butter is hidden, all the Viva papertowels are hidden. The good stuff only comes out when grown people need it... not for the young ones to waste. They dont really know the difference anyways
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah but from my childhood i do know the diffrence from the beak and *kitten* dog food and the good alpo
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then yes... yes you are.

My thought exactly!
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kids waste toilet paper. my kids use the regular scott, i use the soft scott.

This.

Kids tend to use too much and the thicker the tissue, the more times the parent ends up plunging the toilet later.

I have no problem hiding things from kids that they will overindulge in. Like sweets.
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You ask about toilet paper, I use to hide the snack cakes, from everyone. To make this worse, when I was pregnet & wanted one, I would go get one from my stash and come out and eat it. If my husband or daughter asked I would tell them it was the last one...IT NEVER WAS. I should have felt bad...but the baby made me do it.

I'm proud to say I don't do it anymore...I avoid the snack cake isle like it has disease. :)
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The worst I ever did was tell my daughter when she was really little that the candy in the checkout lane was dogfood so she wouldn't ask me for it EVERY time we went to the store. It worked till she figured out what candy was and looked like. We still laugh about it to this day.