Healthy fast food options?

Options
I live in chicago, near the suburbs. are there any fast food options that i can eat? around bloomingdale, carol stream, or wheaton? :) or any common places like mcdonalds.

i have only 400-500 calories left, and were going out for food. im not a slad or wrap person either. any suggestions? (i always get a drink too) so keep it under 400-500 calories. i dont want to waste all of them on one sandwich... it seems i have no choice... suggestions?

i live near barnelli's, portillo's, and augustino's deli....

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Eat wherever you want. Just look at the online nutrition info for every place (if they don't have one, I don't eat there) and fine what's best on their menu. I don't eat meat, so the only real fast "food" I eat is Taco Bell - bean and cheese burrito. But what's a rare occasion.
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i eat meat... its just nyeeehhh.... i hate mexican food... unless its chipotle...
  • mrsjack623
    Options
    Taco bell has a Fresco menu. It's healthier then most fast food and tastes more like authentic Mexican food.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Taco bell -- bean/steak/chicken burrito, fresca style -- high on the sodium if you watch that though.
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    i just dont like taco bell. it makes me sit on the toilet for hours....
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    any non-mexican food suggestions? i have plans tonight and i dont think i want to spend my evening in the bathroom....
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    only 400-500 not looking good for fast food.

Try a grilled chicken sandwhich and lose the bun. try a place with another option aside from fries (like Wendys you can get a baked potatoe or orange slices).

I would suggest looking at the menus/nutrition before you go....
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    or.... you could eat whatever from wherever and then go for a jog later on!
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    this...
    is...
    so...
    DIFFICULT :sad:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i get a mcdouble from mcdonalds, no bread, on lettuce.
    yummy! meat, cheese, mustard, mayo, onions, and pickles.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's not that difficult. Eat whatever you want and then go exercise to burn some cals to at least make up for part of it. Move on to the next day.
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    love this thread. I eat McDonalds every day (breakfast), and Wendy's sometimes.

McDonalds breakfast definitely get the oatmeal they have going right now. I get the blueberry banana and nut one and toss the nuts. If you get the apple one you can't remove anything. They're both like 295 calories, i think about 250 without the nuts (for the banana nut one).

For lunch/dinner though, McDonalds kind of sucks. I go to Wendy's and get the Ultimate Chicken Grill (390 calories). The sauce is awesome but I usually go no sauce because it's 40 calories. So knock that off and you're at 350 for a sandwich, not too bad. If you're really light on calories, chuck the top bun (110 calories) to bring it down to 240. You could get two chicken grills if you want (no sauce, toss the top bun) and be under 500 calories.

Taco Bell isn't so bad, but wraps have a ton of carbs in them. You said you don't like Tbell anyways though.
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    i get a mcdouble from mcdonalds, no bread, on lettuce.
    yummy! meat, cheese, mustard, mayo, onions, and pickles.

sounds like a plan :D.... im kind of leaning towards steak n' shake tho D:
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wendys grilled chicken sammy is great. A plain hamburger at mcdonalds? Lol that is hard.
  • suzysioux
    suzysioux Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you have Subway-some really healthy options there-turkey salad sub or salad bowl is not bad.
  • NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    The grilled chicken club at McD's is about 450 even with the bun and the mayo. And it's really filling :) It's one of my 'safe' foods when I'm out and need food.
  • cadency
    cadency Posts: 51
    Options
    I eat paleo and can find 500 calories for a ton of food at Chipotle. I get a salad (no drsg), double meat (mix and match), salsa and guacamole. It is delish. I actually even enjoy it better than when I used to eat a bowl! :)
  • suzysioux
    suzysioux Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OOOOPS Just read you don't like salad-soz..ignore previous post.
  • gwengogreen1
    Options
    I eat paleo and can find 500 calories for a ton of food at Chipotle. I get a salad (no drsg), double meat (mix and match), salsa and guacamole. It is delish. I actually even enjoy it better than when I used to eat a bowl! :)

hehe yes, i love eating paleo :D does it cost extra to get double meat at chipotle?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1] Eating out with only 500 calories to spare isn't easy. Especially with your qualifications. Your best bet is probably going to involve going to a regular restaurant, ordering a meal, and taking half home. Or, there's also the option of just enjoying a night out and making your food and exercise choices over the next few days super-tight to compensate.

2] Who doesn't like Mexican food? Seriously.