Help! I need encouragement!

Options
Someone Talk me out of eating the cookies in my kitchen-PLEASE!!

SO, I started MFP a couple of weeks ago-I have been doing pretty well, have been making good food choices, and exercising regularly. I am just having a weak moment but I am determined to not give into it!! I need to loose at least 100lbs, but will probably go for 140-ish. I am so sick of being fat and feeling Ugly all the time. This week as been rough cause I hurt my hip (pulled a muscle) so I have only been able to do upper body workouts. Next week will be so much better! Thank you for listening to me go on and on! Have a great day! :smile:

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Back away from the cookies!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time this week. Remember to be gentle with yourself when injured. Your body needs a little rest now and again.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I had a delicious apple instead and no more desire for a cookie! :smile:
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    throw the cookies out!
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    throw the cookies out!

I soo wish I could! I wish all the junk food could go bye-bye! It would make it much easier for me but my husband takes it in his lunches.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    THROW THEM OUT
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My hubby eats that too..but I think he's FINALLY understanding not to bring it home. I have the willpower of a gnat :P
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Give the package to your honey and tell him to HIDE THEM!

Out of sight - - our of mind.

OR

THROW THEM OUT! :bigsmile:
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    I honestly don't even like cookies (salty food is my weakness-Chips!) I was just having a "down" moment! But I resisted the cookies and I am proud of my self! I have not had chips in over a month, which is awesome for me! When I'm having a "salty" moment I have some wheatable crackers.
  • newlife30
    newlife30 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

The most important thing that you MUST do is to stop buying the bad food. If it's not available to you then you won't even be able to cave when you have weak moments. it takes so much effort to actually stop by the store and pick up whatever junk food you are craving. You will have too much time to think about it and that fact alone will probably help you in staying away from it. KEEP STRONG!! Life is so much better when you feel good about yourself...:0) Good Luck.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I get tempted I put everything in a plastic bag and hide it in the car, preferably hubby's car ;) I packed a bag yesterday - it was either that or throw everything in the bin (or eat them!)

What I find also works to stop the temptation is log them in MFP as if you've eaten them, then step away for a while and come back to it to "compete the entry" - where it tells you "In 5 weeks you'll weigh XXX" These things always bring me way over my daily limit so I often end up hypothetically "gaining" - so you remove them from MFP and feel brilliant when you complete the day again :)) Sounds mad but works for me
  • newlife30
    newlife30 Posts: 2
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!! A+ for will power....
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    Hello,

The most important thing that you MUST do is to stop buying the bad food. If it's not available to you then you won't even be able to cave when you have weak moments. it takes so much effort to actually stop by the store and pick up whatever junk food you are craving. You will have too much time to think about it and that fact alone will probably help you in staying away from it. KEEP STRONG!! Life is so much better when you feel good about yourself...:0) Good Luck.

I wish I could stop buying them but I can not-It is for my husband...would be easier but I will just have to stick to will power and positive encouragement. :smile:
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    When I get tempted I put everything in a plastic bag and hide it in the car, preferably hubby's car ;) I packed a bag yesterday - it was either that or throw everything in the bin (or eat them!)

What I find also works to stop the temptation is log them in MFP as if you've eaten them, then step away for a while and come back to it to "compete the entry" - where it tells you "In 5 weeks you'll weigh XXX" These things always bring me way over my daily limit so I often end up hypothetically "gaining" - so you remove them from MFP and feel brilliant when you complete the day again :)) Sounds mad but works for me
    Great idea-Thank you so much!!
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!! A+ for will power....
    Thank you! :smile:
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Alot of us have others in the house that eat that crap. I have a husband with a HUGE sweet tooth, and also my daughter and her daughter are living here now.

I buy myself a few treats so I don't need theirs. 100 calorie packs, or baked chips, Sun Chips...healthy stuff that curbs the cravings.
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    Alot of us have others in the house that eat that crap. I have a husband with a HUGE sweet tooth, and also my daughter and her daughter are living here now.

I buy myself a few treats so I don't need theirs. 100 calorie packs, or baked chips, Sun Chips...healthy stuff that curbs the cravings.

Great idea-thank you!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have the same temptations.
    You have to just decide what's most important. Truth is most people fail.
    You don't have to settle for defeat though; you can rise above those old routines. Listen to that voice inside that says you're not going down!
    Success is a choice.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    throw the cookies out!

LOL...cookies are not bad in and of themselves, just don't over do it!
  • LeeshaNichole
    Options
    I have the same temptations.
    You have to just decide what's most important. Truth is most people fail.
    You don't have to settle for defeat though; you can rise above those old routines. Listen to that voice inside that says you're not going down!
    Success is a choice.

Thank you so much-the best and most supportive advice I have gotten! I appreciate it! :smile:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Can you have him take all his snack foods to the office? Keep them there? My son keeps his in his room. Not because I have no will power (mine is rock solid), but because my husband eats everything in sight when no one is looking. :noway: