Help! I need encouragement!

Options

Replies

• DumbDoorKnob
    DumbDoorKnob Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the 100 calorie Hostess cupcake packs? They are my saving grace! That and popsicles, I recently bought some Yosicles and they are great! 45 calories for one popsicle.
    Since you are going for such a big amount of weight loss, I read an article recently in Weight Watchers mag and this lady had said that she just concentrated on 10 pounds at a time and it worked great for her. Sounds like a great idea to me. Tell yourself, I want to lose 10 pounds. Lose that and then celebrate that small victory. Then again say, I want to lose 10 pounds, and do it! Try not to say "another" ten pounds, just take each 10 pounds as a totally separate goal.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I also remember to tell myself that they will only taste good for a minute but last a helluva long time on my hips!!! :sad:
  • kellypurple05
    kellypurple05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    way to go on doing upper body instead of thinking you can only do cardio! keep up the good work! and i think you are pretty : ) dont ever tell yourself you aren't worth it or ugly or anything! i was once told that lies told repeatedly become true. so the more you say negative things about yourself it will become true. SO stay positive and know you are beautiful : )
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I had a delicious apple instead and no more desire for a cookie! :smile:

THIS ^^^^^^
    Even though I try to stay at 50-62 carbs a day I do everyday include a delicious apple with 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter. This not only takes away any gnawing hunger but gives me fiber plus protein. Try it you might agree with me. I suggest you kick the sugar addiction it is hard to eat healthy and eat foods full of sugar in my opinion.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bag the cookies into snack bags and put in the freezer. Then pull a bag out for his lunch and you wont be tempted. If you are you will have portioned sized cookies, and may not be tempted since they are frozen.:flowerforyou:
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Grab your dishsoap and pour it over the cookies!

I have found that I CAN NOT keep those types of binge foods in my house cause the temptation is too great. I binged out on a whole package of chocolate biscotti recently cause I literally COULD NOT STOP! It was all bad.:sick: So now I know I cant do that anymore. I cant even keep a pint of icecream in my house without eating the whole thing in one sitting. It sucks:sad: but its the reality for me. The only other way around that is if Im planning on working out for 4-5 hours to burn it off which is not likely.
  • KristinaBaird
    KristinaBaird Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on a journey to lose 100 pounds before my 30th birthday in July 2014. I have been doing Turbofire and Chalene Extreme and have also done Insanity. So far in my 44 days of Turbofire I have lost 21 pounds and I would like to help anyone who needs it to reach their goals. I also need help in being held accountable in my choices and helping me to get my workouts in everyday. I would also like to offer anyone who is interested, I have a facebook support group with team members who are on the same journey as I and we not only support each other, but we congratulate and cheer on each other daily. If interested please follow my link and sign up for free please. I would love to have you :)
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free/160242
    Friend request me on facebook and we can do this together :)
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    put them in the freezer.....that way you will not eat them in ...they will thaw by the time he gets to work
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have the same temptations.
    You have to just decide what's most important. Truth is most people fail.
    You don't have to settle for defeat though; you can rise above those old routines. Listen to that voice inside that says you're not going down!
    Success is a choice.

Thank you so much-the best and most supportive advice I have gotten! I appreciate it! :smile:
    That's because you know that I know EXACTLY how you are feeling.
    I know....it's hard...:flowerforyou:
  • alexmommy25
    Options
    When you deprive yourself, you are setting yourself up for failure. I keep hershey kisses in my freezer. When I am craving chocolate, I drink a big glass of water and wait an hour. If I still REALLY want something sweet, I will get out just enough that I willing to allow myself for the day (ie. 100 calories worth). And I take my time eating them. If I REALLY want something, I HAVE to have it. Whenever I deprive myself, I know that I will binge another day.
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE. I AM LIKE YOU HARD TO RESIST TEMPTATION ESPECIALLY THE JUNK / SNACK. MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER HAVE SNACKS AT HOME AND OF COURSE I SAY NONE FOR ME, BUT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT I HELP MYSELF TO THESE SNACKS. I TELL MY FAMILY HIDE IT AND THEN I BEG THEM TO TELL ME WHERE IS IT?? REALLY I NEED WILL POWER, LIKE MY FAMILY SAYS PRAY FOR ME FOR MORE WILL POWER TO RESIST THE URGES AND DON'T BUY THE BAD SNACKS, EASY SAID THAN DONE HUH??/
  • ScottRy76
    ScottRy76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can find healthy alternatives, if your craving cookies you tube has a bunch of healthy cookie recipes.
  • cmclark88
    cmclark88 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm glad you walked away from the cookies! Good for you! I can't have sweets in the house or else I eat 'em all, then my boyfriend will come looking for them a few days later and wonder where they went!

Next time you are craving something, just think to yourself, "I could have ___________ (Insert junk food of choice) and be temporarily satisfied but have no real nutritional benefit or I could have ______ (insert healthy food of choice) and satisfy my hunger AND be closer to my weight loss goal". I try to do this when I'm feeling lazy and need motivation to do something besides sit on the couch!

Also, remember that IT IS OK to treat yourself every now and then! ,Obviously you don't want to eat cookies or chips on a regular basis, but maybe once a month (or even once a week if you're brave enough), allow yourself to have a serving of chips (you could make your own to avoid the added preservatives!) or a cookie. If we completely cut out foods yet crave them and completely deny them, we're most likely to break that resistance and go into a rage of binge-eating those foods we're denying ourselves. If you don't want them in your life at all, then good on you! But if it's something that you do still love eating and it makes you feel good, just eat a small portion size and have it occasionally instead of daily.

Hope this helps!
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support! Honestly today was the first day I really had a desire for anything bad but glad I chose an apple instead! When I went into work tonight they had two great big platters of cookies sitting there-I just looked at them and thought NO WAY! I measured my self today have lost 4 inches from my waist and 2 from my hip-no way am I ruining that!! I will be one hott lady before I know it. hehe Thanx again everyone! :heart:
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Give the package to your honey and tell him to HIDE THEM!

Out of sight - - our of mind.

OR

THROW THEM OUT! :bigsmile:

THAT'S WHAT I DO AND EVERY NOW AND THEN HE WILL SURPRISE ME WITH A TREAT. THAT WAY I GET TO ENJOY WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD
  • patpaints
    patpaints Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! Don't beat yourself up. Do the best you can. I love your spirit and you are right. Do the best you can with food, rest that hip and Monday will be a new day. Tomorrow will be better than today. Hang in there and don't forget you are beautiful. Get a pedicure, take a bubble bath. Do something nice for you.
  • amybethgrig
    amybethgrig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I always log it AFTER I eat it, then feel guilty. I bet this will help me too. Thanks so much!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Success is a choice.
    [/quote]

I love this!!!! Soooo True!!!!
  • divawcldrn2004
    divawcldrn2004 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am going to direct you to a website that you might find interesting....take a look! It is dietsinreview.com. There is a article about food cravings under the News topic so you'll probably have to do a search within the website. Its called "What Your Food Cravings Really Mean"
  • Ironlioness40
    Ironlioness40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Perseverance equals success . I'm happy you had an apple instead. I too struggle with cravings and stress eating and although I don't have much support because my circle isn't interested in making good eating choices . What matters is that you try...