HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO RUDE???GRRRR!

Options
happy123456
happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
So today someone at work came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked when my due date was...I am NOT pregnant!!

So upsetting.

On the bright side I didn't run for the chocolate!

Why are some people so rude??

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Ugh... so sorry someone did that to you! That is beyond rude.... :angry:
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I told her that I wasn't but she still kept asking me questions - I know I am fat but jeezo no need to make me feel that bad!!!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was walking to the trail from my apartment and an old guy said from his driveway "They are teenagers before you know it." I was walking passed his house not knowing what he was talking about then I got it...he thought I was pregnant!!!!....ugh :(
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Who does that???? I don't know if that's a person being rude or someone who is just too dumb to understand proper behavior.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Been there. If you got through it without chocolate, just pat yourself on the back, and try to forget about it. I think it should be a rule not to ask anyone that question unless they're wearing one of those ridiculous 'baby on board' t-shirts. Just remember you can lose weight, but some people will always be ignorant!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I HATE that!! It makes me cry everytime. And the weird thing is, it only seems to happen when I am losing weight.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Even if you were pregnant, why do people feel as though they can just touch people without permission? If anyone ever touched my stomach without permission, I'd reach over and touch them and ask them when they are due. YUCK! Keep your hands to yourself people.
  • Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you! What an idiot!
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen, I replied to the person No I am not pregnant just fat. Laugh it off you are doing something about it now so feel good about that.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So today someone at work came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked when my due date was...I am NOT pregnant!!

So upsetting.

My view, if they touch you, you have every right to kick them in the groin.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I did that once.
    "Oh, congratulations!":drinker:
    She was not in a family way one bit. NEVER AGAIN!
    Sometimes it's not out of meanness but stupidity. Sorry that happened to you.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I did that once.
    "Oh, congratulations!":drinker:
    She was not in a family way one bit. NEVER AGAIN!
    Sometimes it's not out of meanness but stupidity. Sorry that happened to you.

Yeah never ask a woman if she's pregnant unless you see the head coming out of her vagina, assume nothing.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    its happened to me too its so insulting and embarrassing! not anymore cause im older now so they figure im just fat lol ppl are idiots sometimes dont let it get u down!! just live your life and forget it!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

So upsetting.

....because they can be......

Not that that is any sort of excuse mind, but you should really feel sorry for them, because along with being rude, tactless and making mindless comments that are very personal and none of their business, they are also very insecure. Another reason you should feel sorry for them is that one of these days, they will say something similar to the wrong person and will end up with a broken nose, black eye and a cauliflower ear that will most probably remain for life and then they will be ugly on the outside as well as inside.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    She owes you an apology.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The only time that has ever had a positive effect with me was when a WAITRESS asked when I was due. :huh: Got a free meal out of that one, because she was EXTREMELY rude about it when I told her I wasn't pregnant. She had the nerve to say "Well, do you want to order a salad then?" :explode: I was up over that table faster than flash. I may be big, but I can still kick her *kitten*.

Anyway, manager was told by me and the 3 people I was with what she said and all of our meals were free. You could hear him yelling at her from the back. :ohwell:

And even if you were pregnant, what in the heck gives people the right to come up to you and just touch your stomach? :grumble:
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    It happened to me...he asked when my baby was due, and I politely told him 12 years ago. (my daughter was 12 at the time) :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    what a douche... why would someone that?
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Even if you were pregnant, why do people feel as though they can just touch people without permission? If anyone ever touched my stomach without permission, I'd reach over and touch them and ask them when they are due. YUCK! Keep your hands to yourself people.

THIS!!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that...but, you handled it well by not turning to food...as most of us would have done before!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that harassment..