Replies

• Mzchasenpaper
    Mzchasenpaper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    agreed!!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    when I was on vacation someone asked if I was pregnant. the girl felt terrible when I told her I wasn't and I just laughed it off and told her if I was and didn't know it yet it was her fault and sort of winked. but crap like that really gets you thinking :(
  • hannahchipmunk
    Options
    The stomach rubbing is kinda creepy :indifferent:
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped them for touching me!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My response would have been

1215853_o.gif
  • cornlady
    cornlady Posts: 15
    Options
    People dont think before they speak, As much as it might hurt, it is fuel for motivation, use it in a positive way... good luck to you!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Now you know how the Buddha feels. People rub his belly ALL THE TIME!

I know it hurts, but people don't mean any harm. I think they get excited for you, and all rational thought goes out the window.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

1215853_o.gif

Yep!
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    dont feel bad i had that happen to a friend of mine in the locker room at a health club and she is thin!!! some people are just weirdos lol
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Even if you were pregnant, why do people feel as though they can just touch people without permission? If anyone ever touched my stomach without permission, I'd reach over and touch them and ask them when they are due. YUCK! Keep your hands to yourself people.
    ^^^^Exactly!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

1215853_o.gif

This would have been my initial response. Unbelievable.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Touching me like that, I would have gone to HR and had her charge with sexual harrassment....Get her fired.....LOL

Sorry for the rude behavior. Some people really have no manners.
    You show them all when you reach your goal...Hang in there.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A man and a woman passed my wife and I in a store when she was well along in her pregnancy with our second child. They both smiled and the man reached over and put his hand on my wifes belly. I completely understood the innocence in his act, but I wanted him to understand how inappropriate it is, especially since he didn't know us at all. I reached over while he was talking to my wife and put my hand on his wife's belly. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What are you doing?" I just smiled and said, "Same thing he is. Tad bit uncomfortable isn't it."

He must have caught on because he couldn't apologize fast enough.

OP, I'm sorry you had to be put in that situation. Kudos to you for having more class than your questioner.:smile:
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A man and a woman passed my wife and I in a store when she was well along in her pregnancy with our second child. They both smiled and the man reached over and put his hand on my wifes belly. I completely understood the innocence in his act, but I wanted him to understand how inappropriate it is, especially since he didn't know us at all. I reached over while he was talking to my wife and put my hand on his wife's belly. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What are you doing?" I just smiled and said, "Same thing he is. Tad bit uncomfortable isn't it."

He must have caught on because he couldn't apologize fast enough.

OP, I'm sorry you had to be put in that situation. Kudos to you for having more class than your questioner.:smile:

You sir, are a genius!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd have hit her or gave her a hard shove away from me without even thinking of it and then reported her to HR

i'm pretty sensitive about random people coming up to me non contextually and touching me like that. an old bf of mine found that out the hard way when he snuck up behind me on a crowded nyc street grabbed me and then felt my knee in his balls :laugh:
  • reluctanthippie
    reluctanthippie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The fact that you were able to get through it without b*tch slapping the heck out of her speaks well for you. Faced with a similar circumstance I don't know that I would have managed to do so well.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My wife told me a friend of hers was pregnant. I got her friends' names mixed up and congratulated the wrong one. Would have made a great "Gotta get away?" commercial. At least I didn't rub her belly.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good God, what makes people think they have the right to touch your body without your permission?!? Even if you were pregnant she had no right...I don't know what I'd do if someone touched me like that. Probably ***** slap them!
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did that once.
    "Oh, congratulations!":drinker:
    She was not in a family way one bit. NEVER AGAIN!
    Sometimes it's not out of meanness but stupidity. Sorry that happened to you.

Yeah never ask a woman if she's pregnant unless you see the head coming out of her vagina, assume nothing.

Agreed. I worked in a store once when they started selling maternity clothes. Even if someone looked pregnant and asked where our maternity section was, we were told to ask who they were buying for, never assume they are buying for themselves.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I could have dismissed the comment easily. But the touching?? I have an issue with that. I hope you didn't get creeped out too much.

Good on you for not turning to food.