Starting again - need support and motivation

Options
traceyb68
traceyb68 Posts: 32 Member
Need to lose it this time for good. Put on 8 stone in my last pregancy lost it all back to 16 stone, now back at 19 and know I have got to deal with for my hips and knees sake. I have broken it down to a 3 stone goal but have no belief that I can do it. TIme for exercise is a big issue with a full time job kids aged 9 & 12 and Mum 78 who needs some help too. I lose weight for the 1st two weeks and then I let it slip -

Replies

• stuartadair1
    stuartadair1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'll send you an invite and will guarentee motivation. Dont think I'll make it easy for you if you're not hitting your goals though :bigsmile:
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • DeservingGirl
    DeservingGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was about to post the same motivation problem. Well, sort of. I've been trying to lose weight for the past two years. Three years ago, I lost a ton of weight, but gained it all back. This week I have stuck to fitness pal and have been exercising every day, but I have gained weight. I am so frusturated. I had a thought that I am not measuring out my cereal and other food, but then I feel like I am a slave to losing weight. HELP!

I wish I could help you, but I'm having the same problem. I've promised myself over and over again why I need/want to lose weight and it's failed several times.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Send and invite and I'll try to help keep you motivated! I am also a mom of two, 12 and 15, and work full time. Also, I attend school part time. Definitely understand the time issue--there just aren't enough hours in the day. You're going to have to come to a point where doing something for you is just as important as doing for everyone else in your life. I know you can do it!

Maybe you should make several smaller goals, easier to attain. 3 stone is a lot...maybe if you took it one at a time, and gave yourself a treat when you reach it, like a new pair of jeans or a cute dress! I try to remember, food is not a reward, I'm not a puppy :)
  • amc1016
    amc1016 Posts: 4
    Options
    :smile: I am soooo there with you. A set of triplets who are 8 and an 11 year old. Work full time (during school year) and a single mom. Need motivation...we CAN do this..We WILL do this!!!!!
  • amc1016
    amc1016 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love your saying...Food is not a reward i am not a puppy!! Love it!
  • traceyb68
    Options
    So far so good Stu, 5 days down and doing ok its a long road and if I lose 1lb a week its the right direction, the last few times I have hit the ol dieting to hard to quick and given up
  • traceyb68
    Options
    But talking helps emotionally - knowing your not the only one. I am recovering from a serious bout of depression which lasted 3 years, I dont eat food to reward myself but it kind of makes me feel better - odd the one thing I dont get depressed about is my weight- I need to be able to control this part of me to win - so positive support is good.
  • stuartadair1
    stuartadair1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great positive attitude - You cant fail :bigsmile: