Thermogenic Supplements

Options
ibcsrl19
ibcsrl19 Posts: 75 Member
A friend recently started taking a thermogenic supplement called Cellucor Super HD. It is designed to help suppress your appetitie and "burn fat". After she began taking them she quickly lost 7 pounds. So I thought, hey might give it a try. I bought the 60 ct bottle and started it today. From the research I have done people have great success with it. Has anyone tried it? Success? Draw backs?

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    A friend recently started taking a thermogenic supplement called Cellucor Super HD. It is designed to help suppress your appetitie and "burn fat". After she began taking them she quickly lost 7 pounds. So I thought, hey might give it a try. I bought the 60 ct bottle and started it today. From the research I have done people have great success with it. Has anyone tried it? Success? Draw backs?

Really ? 7 pounds thanks to a thermogenic ? How much pounds per day ?
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask something similar, I'm not looking to cut or anything it's just generally out of interest..

I've seen a couple of people on my wall that are taking something called Thermopure and from their pictures their hard work and supplements are paying off. I'm guessing I really don't need them since my diet is usually pretty decent anyway? From what I've seen people seem to maintain their muscle but it helps them reduce their bodyfat% faster than they would naturally?
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    She lost 7 pounds in roughly a week. I know that is a lot but she weighs about 210 so that is not too fast. I will let you guys know how they work next week. I hope I have similar results :)
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    i've heard from a few people the same thing, they have taken a thermogenic supp and lost body fat FAST. obviously combined with training and a reasonable diet/nutrition.

i have some i have just ordered, from dymatize - think they are called dyma-burn.

hope nobody tells me anything bad about them, lol, i'm looking forward to seeing if they work!
  • slay0r
    Options
    I'm really wary of these things increasing your heart rate in an abnormal way or making your kidneys work harder than they normally would, that's why I ask the above before I put anything into me.
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    slay0r, I understand that. I did a lot of research on thermogenics before deciding to try it. I will let you know how they make you feel.

emhargs, good luck with your supplements. keep us informed on how they work and the side effects.
  • slay0r
    Options
    Ah please do :) would be happy to hear some results from real people sort of thing. My stomach is a bit dodgy at times so I don't really want to unsettle it too much.
  • ichigo007
    ichigo007 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have been taking super HD for 3 weeks now and love it. I have energy all day and don't feel hungry at all and a lot more focused. I do replace 1 of my 2 capsoles a day with cellcor's C4 Extreme prework out before I work out and I just blast my exercises with no energy loss or pain from working out. The last 2 days I did 3 hour work outs including fast pace circuit training followed with strength training, and followed those up with cardio ethier swimming or elliptical crossramp (avg 150+ s/m). After that I still have no musle pain or fatigue and still have plenty of energy and sleep a lot better. Last night I worked out as previous mentioned for 3 hours then about 2 hours later went melborne shuffling and high step shuffling at a club 2 hours. So does super HD work sure I have been losing weight consistantly since using it. not as fast as you friend that is a girl but i have been doing a lot fo exerciseing
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    ichigo007, did you workout that much before you started taking Super HD?
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    holy crap does it make you NEED to work out for longer? I don't have a lot of time in my day to work out and usually hit the gym 5 times a week for about 45 minutes.... will i be climbing the walls with excess energy??!!
  • lnburcham
    lnburcham Posts: 11
    Options
    i use to take something called oxyelite pro before i got pregnant with my son and the only thing i noticed that it did to me was curve my appetite. im not sure if it did anything else because i wasnt working out with it at the time. i was told it was one of the best that gnc had.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    really need to look at this when back online
  • ichigo007
    Options
    No I acctually did not work out at all for 3 years because I broke both hip sockets and had a AC joint seperation grade 3 in my right shoulder and was not alllowed from a motorcycle accident. So gained some weight from doing not a whole lot.
  • ichigo007
    Options
    holy crap does it make you NEED to work out for longer? I don't have a lot of time in my day to work out and usually hit the gym 5 times a week for about 45 minutes.... will i be climbing the walls with excess energy??!!
    nope. I use the super hd 1 tablet in morning and 1 about 6 hours later. I skip super hd capsule at the times I use c4 extreme prework out an have used it for a hour long 9pm work out and got home about 10:15 took quick shower and was asleep by 10:30
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I took a full regimen of this supplement, but I got no significant results. My bf% was around 13%. It did wake me up in the morning, and with being more awake I was more focused. When I am more focused I eat less, so in a way it helped with appetite control. But I can get the same results from drinking coffee.

I have gotten much better results from eating better, and smarter. Not only what you eat, but when you eat it. I also think there is a placebo effect, where the pill may inspire healthier habits in other parts of one's lifestyle, which may be the actual drivers for successful results.

Check out the glycemic index and glycemic load, insulin is the hormone which turns glucose in the blood stream into stored body fat, keeping your blood sugar levels low will reduce insulin spikes, reducing fat build up. Combined with proper exercise, you'll shed weight much faster.

Also, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    overall, thermo supplements are not a good value for the money...you can have a little caffeine everyday from your coffee, tea, etc to get you through your day and workouts...a lot cheaper and natural...in the scheme of things in seeing results..nutrition is probably 75% of your progress, exercise is some of it..you are focusing on a supplement that may provide the 1-2%, focus on the main stuff and save your money

By the way, I used to be 356 lbs, and I lost my weight/built my muscle through proper nutrition and exercise, so you don't have to have fat burners or anything of the sort to succeed
  • Psalmist4YHWH
    Psalmist4YHWH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been taking a product called "OxyElite Pro" from GNC [a Super Thermogenic- University Studied product]... I've been taking it almost a year now [off and on]. I began taking it in hopes that it would "help" me lose weight but MOSTLY for the energy and appetite suppressant. They really do help give me energy and very effect as a suppressant... but, I can't say that they were the cause of my weight loss [maybe if I took them regularly they would have]. I started going to a near by gym on Dec 27th of '11... since then I have lost 30lbs. Nothing like good 'ol exercise with life style changes... this is what will keep off the weight and improve our over all health.
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    Ok, so I have taken Super HD now for 5 days. I feel like crap!!! Since day 2 I have been getting headaches, on day 3 I worked out and became so over heated that I almost threw up. I asked two personal trainers about thermogenic supplements and both had the same thing to say. Stay away!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i've heard from a few people the same thing, they have taken a thermogenic supp and lost body fat FAST. obviously combined with training and a reasonable diet/nutrition.

Ding! Ding! Ding!