Hunger pains!!! What can I do?

Options
13»

Replies

• BeachBobbie
    Options
    Stop worrying about the calories and just eat. Eat clean healthy foods....fruits, vegetables, lean meats and nuts and you'll be fine. The only time you need to calorie count so strictly is when you are eating a lot of processed foods. Trust me....working out makes you hungry. Your body knows what it needs. Eat! It's important....and throw the scale away. Those numbers don't matter...promise :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Bumping ......
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hunger is a signal from my brain, not your stomach. It sounds like you aren't getting enough calories in each meal. MFP is just a guideline. It doesn't take in to account that you may be an Endormorph, have Thyroid issues, etc. When i was 300 lbs I barely at 1500 calories a day and I was always hungry. When I lost 100 lbs, I ate 3,000 calories a day broken down in to 6 properly measured meals and drank 1 gallon of water each day. U have to eat more to weigh less... just keep the right portions!

HTH
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually realize just how bad I've been eating until I put some entries in the food diary!!! Blimey....I think I may indulge in some eggy bread!!!

Thanks so much for all the comments. It's always good to have other peoples views and opinions :)

Yup, the answer to this question is almost always : eat more!
    The great news is that you don't have to starve yourself tol ose weight.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There are several things that causes hunger pains the people telling you water is absolutely right but you also need to look into healthy snacks because if your stomach is growling then your are probably actually hungry.I don't know what diet you are on but most of the diets I know allow snacks make sure to drink at least 70 ounces of water a day this will help.Add me if you would like and I can review your diary and maybe shed more light on it.