My Success Story-I'm On A Billboard In Times Square

Options
13»

Replies

• hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So neat!! Congrats on winning and on the weight loss!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    That is so cool!!! Enjoy your vacation!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Did you do all your weight loss and healthy journey on MFP?

Congratulations, I hope you both have a great time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    You're a Beast! Congratulations. Use sunscreen.
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Mark :) Congratulations on all your success! I also just watched your video for the Kona contest; great job with everything!

12161155.png
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It's really been an amazing journey for me. I started in Feburary last year with small changes to my diet. Then on April 18th I started Couch 2 5K and I've not looked back since. In just 2 more weeks I'll do my 1st Ironman in Muncie, Indiana. It just blows me away that only 14 months ago I struggled to run 60 seconds straight and in just 15 days I'll swim 1.2 miles, cycle 56, and run 13.1 all in the same day. Now I want to use my story to inspire other people out there who feel the way that I used to feel: like there is no hope of changing things. But the great news is that things can change. And we each have the power inside of us to make those changes.

What a fantastic post. Congratulations on your success. Have a wonderful time in Hawaii - it is an amazing place!
  • sharisuethompson
    Options
    Congrats to you wonderful acheivement and enjoy your vacation :)
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I actually started my journey in February 2011 and didn't join MFP until July 2011 I believe. I had lost about 30 pounds but plateaued. Several people told me to start tracking and recommended this app for my iPhone. I did and it got me going again.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratz.. I've just been trying to win a pair of earbuds, they look pretty comfortable... enjoy the trip, great job!
  • WendySue75
    WendySue75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    that.... is.......... A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story!! Congratulations! Hope you and your wife have an amazing trip :)
  • MarkTheBeastR
    Options
    Thanks Gypsi. My brother and his family live in Hilliard. My brother and now my nephew are both firefighters up there. My brother works for Upper Arlington.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! on your success and getting to this level of fitness. Truly inspiring, hope you have a wonderful well deserved trip!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and new celebrity status. Have a great time in Hawaii you deserve it!
  • justine0402
    Options
    Thank you all! It's really been an amazing journey for me. I started in Feburary last year with small changes to my diet. Then on April 18th I started Couch 2 5K and I've not looked back since. In just 2 more weeks I'll do my 1st Ironman in Muncie, Indiana. It just blows me away that only 14 months ago I struggled to run 60 seconds straight and in just 15 days I'll swim 1.2 miles, cycle 56, and run 13.1 all in the same day. Now I want to use my story to inspire other people out there who feel the way that I used to feel: like there is no hope of changing things. But the great news is that things can change. And we each have the power inside of us to make those changes.
    What an amazing story....and you deserve everything that you're receiving! Congrats to you!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow, what can be said that hasn't been said already??? That is amazing and wonderful and I'm thrilled for you! :happy:
  • labberto
    labberto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazng!!! congratulations!!! hope it all goes well for you :) i was looking at starting the couch to 5k too, as i like to run (im just not very good at it..... yet).... but with courage and perservence, and you are a great example of that!! :)
  • MarkTheBeastR
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of your kind words and encouragement. I truly appreciate it.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! so happy for you! #1 that you have changed your life for the better and #2 for winning this incredible prize - plus the ad in Times Square?? AWESOME!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!