One year down, 60 lbs lost [Picture]

Options
This time last year, I tipped the scale at my heaviest weight ever, 207 lbs (wearing a size 18). At 23 years old, that was not healthy. I was miserable, uncomfortable and depressed of how I looked. My boyfriend pretty muched pushed me into joining our local gym with him to help motivate me to a healthier life. After weeks of him pushing, I caved. I started slow. I used the elliptical for 15 minutes and walked for 10 minutes 3-5 times a week. After I reached my first goal of 22 lbs lost, I started the C25K program.

As the weight came off, jogging became easier. I started running 5K races with my sister, Dixiech1ck (who has lost a whopping 80+ lbs already and on her way to running her first half!). I became addicted and this fat girl was running a 5k in her neighborhood 3-4 times a week!! Unfortunately, I experienced my first injury when training for the Philly Broad Street 10 mile run this past January and had to sit on the sidelines for 4-5 months and watched my sister complete the Broad Street run without me. :( But I didn't let my injury keep me down. I started walking and eventually building myself back up to running!

It has been exactly one year as of today I have lost a total of 60 lbs, weighing a healthy 147 lbs for my 5'5 frame and fitting into size 8/10 clothes!

I eat a high calorie diet (1770-2500+) I run/walk 3-4 times a week and I never feel bad about ANYTHING I eat (and refuse to give ANYTHING UP). I still have some toning to do but I am not killing myself over it. :wink:

It was a tough year. There were times when my weight stalled and I felt like giving up. But I am so happy I pushed through!!

Just remember, you can and you WILL do it too!! :smile:

Now...onto maintaining!!! :)

I am not accepting any friend requests. I apologize :(

303484_3249595281971_2045056242_n.jpg

320069_1997743146450_1372857546_n.jpg
1st 5k!! :)

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look amazing! Congrats :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congratulations.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! And who says all high calorie diets are bad, Love your attitude about weight loss!:bigsmile:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Congrats, sweetie!! :flowerforyou:
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    Awesome
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    wow! the side by side is awesome and shows what a difference you have made with the past year! Congrats to you! Way to lead by example! And thanks for all the cheer-leading you do for all of your MFP's.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Happy MFP-versary my friend! You look amazing, and I am inspired by you every day.
  • hlindsey06
    hlindsey06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • pettyy5
    pettyy5 Posts: 17
    Options
    amazing job girly!! exactly why i love MFP, its full of inspiration just like you!! :smile:
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    you look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Ke11o
    Ke11o Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW WTG!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    You are AWESOME! And you look phenomenal! Congratulations!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! COngrats!!! Gives me hope. I tend to feel like I am going nowhere fast on this journey!!! Keep up the good work!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are fabulous, gorgeous, and i love you!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Woohoo - you look great!!! Keep it up girl - you have done an amazing job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!