One year down, 60 lbs lost [Picture]

Options

Replies

• localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What a great story! This c25k is getting more and more interesting to me! You are very beautiful, and your great personality shines through too! WTG!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Glad you didn't give up!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    First off--I love you.

Secondly--you are incredible. You look incredible. You are so happy. And I'm proud of you.

You inspire me daily!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sexy *****!
    Amazing work!
    Now let's go kick Diablo in the balls!

Yep!

Shes a geek!
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    You are a great inspiration! Glad you are my MFP friend! Congrats on your success and I'm happy you are back to running!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    :heart: you!!
  • Krissi72
    Krissi72 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are soooo motivating! Thanks for always being an inspiration! Committing to a healthy lifestyle and sticking to it is 99% of the battle! Keep going, my friend. What an amazing achievement! :)
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This time last year, I tipped the scale at my heaviest weight ever, 207 lbs (wearing a size 18). At 23 years old, that was not healthy. I was miserable, uncomfortable and depressed of how I looked. My boyfriend pretty muched pushed me into joining our local gym with him to help motivate me to a healthier life. After weeks of him pushing, I caved. I started slow. I used the elliptical for 15 minutes and walked for 10 minutes 3-5 times a week. After I reached my first goal of 22 lbs lost, I started the C25K program.

As the weight came off, jogging became easier. I started running 5K races with my sister, Dixiech1ck (who has lost a whopping 80+ lbs already and on her way to running her first half!). I became addicted and this fat girl was running a 5k in her neighborhood 3-4 times a week!! Unfortunately, I experienced my first injury when training for the Philly Broad Street 10 mile run this past January and had to sit on the sidelines for 4-5 months and watched my sister complete the Broad Street run without me. :( But I didn't let my injury keep me down. I started walking and eventually building myself back up to running!

It has been exactly one year as of today I have lost a total of 60 lbs, weighing a healthy 147 lbs for my 5'5 frame and fitting into size 8/10 clothes!

I eat a high calorie diet (1770-2500+) I run/walk 3-4 times a week and I never feel bad about ANYTHING I eat (and refuse to give ANYTHING UP). I still have some toning to do but I am not killing myself over it. :wink:

It was a tough year. There were times when my weight stalled and I felt like giving up. But I am so happy I pushed through!!

Just remember, you can and you WILL do it too!! :smile:

Now...onto maintaining!!! :)

I am not accepting any friend requests. I apologize :(

303484_3249595281971_2045056242_n.jpg

320069_1997743146450_1372857546_n.jpg
    1st 5k!! :)

Wow, you look amazing! This will inspire me and I WILL do it too. Thank you, you look great :smile:
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Love the hair!!
  • stacey_cory
    Options
    So inspiring. I'm at my heaviest right now as well after having two children. I'm starting at 202 lbs and so this gives me hope. Thanks for sharing
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    YOU ROCK GIRLYGIRL!!!!!!! So .....what happened to the boyfriend that "pushed" you into joining the local gym?

Just curious!

Glad you are feeling amazing, strong, vibrant and confident! you look incredible and deserve to jump for joy!

Blessings and peace~
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You rock, I'm so glad to be your friend on here. What an accomplishment. You look great!!!
  • georgiep84
    georgiep84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    very well done! inspiring indeed...
  • aHarness625
    aHarness625 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I am also 5'5", with a goal weight of 150 - hope to be posting these same pics at this time next year! Congratulations on your success!
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 551
    Options
    YOU ROCK GIRLYGIRL!!!!!!! So .....what happened to the boyfriend that "pushed" you into joining the local gym?

Just curious!

Glad you are feeling amazing, strong, vibrant and confident! you look incredible and deserve to jump for joy!

Blessings and peace~

Hahaha, my boyfriend wound up slowly not going to the gym and it was ME pushing HIM to come with me! :) It's ok because he found a running buddy at work and they run 3 times a week after their shifts. And I have a few virtual running friends from MFP that I run with :) He is super proud of me and very supportive. He loved me when I was 207 lbs and loves me just the same at 147 lbs. I have a ton of health issues that run in my family and his biggest concern was diabetes.
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You look great! Your story & pics are very inspirational to me too as I currently still have a lot of weight I want to lose & we are the same exact height.
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great Job Melissa:) You look Awesome!!!!!!!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So proud to call you my friend!!! You are such an Inspiration to me!! So proud of you Melissa!!!! BTW you look fantastic!! =)
  • davisjen10187
    davisjen10187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You are such an inspiration to me! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!