Do you still eat what you want?

Options
hlindsey06
hlindsey06 Posts: 9 Member
Presuming you stay within your caloric needs, do you eat what you want? Do you have occasion fast food? Just curious as I do and it seems to be working. I figure if I still eat what I enjoy, it will make losing weight easier and maintaining it easier.

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i eat healhy 80% of the time. i think thats the best way to do it. your body needs the nutrients from healthy foods. you have more energy better nails skin hair ect.... its okay to have treats but i think it needs to be a health thing, not just a number on the scale thing
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my goal. I even *gasp* go over from time to time.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. If I had to give up certain foods entirely, I wouldn't stick with it. I have chocolate on most days. Ice cream several times a week lately (a bit too often due to the kids' softball and baseball games LOL).
  • hlindsey06
    hlindsey06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I eat really well, especially for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I eat healthy, but I still enjoy foods like pizza and a grilled cheeseburger as long as its within my daily limits.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, Today I ate the best doughnut in the world.
    I don't binge anymore, that's under control. When I was restricting I would binge, then get depressed, then binge, nasty little cycle.
    Everything in moderation is working for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY. I'm an 80/20 eater. So as long as I meet my correct macros and micros and still have calories to spare, I eat what I feel like eating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • amicodiablo
    Options
    Yeah you can't give up the things you enjoy or no one ever stick to it. I'm learning the hard way how to eat healthy, but I'm not giving up me goodies. I eat them less often and in much smaller portions, just to get my fix on.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, no doubt. I still want to live life :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Im an 80/20 person, but most of the time I tend to have my '20' at weekends. Thats not to say I go overboard, I just generally dont drink alcohol sun-thurs, and so I have a drink Fri and Sat night, and am a little less strict with food. I never tend to have a 'blow out'. I just dont feel good afterwards and so I dont bother. It just makes my tummy hurt.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do. I can't deprive myself or I set myself up for failure. Moderation I think is a good thing to keep in mind.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Heck to te yeah! I eat whatever I want. Burgers, pizza, cheesecake, ice cream, I no scare of yummy full fat food :-)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I do. But I've found that things I want have changed now.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    No, I don't see a point in eating popcorn at the movie theater or a reeses cup. Sure I could afford to do that, but would it really help me? It'll take up a lot of calories and then I'll be hungry later. I do drink wine in moderation, but not as much as I would like.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. Luckily I love healthy foods but eating healthy never made me thin. Just kept me healthy! I kept getting more and more strict with eating clean and maybe have one bite of ice cream and was still heavier than all my Doritos and beer consuming friends.

Health is always my first concern but I loosen up more now. I make sure the majority of my day is healthy but I leave room everyday for a treat in some form and while I try to keep on my macros most days, if I have a day or two off due to the fact I wasn't home all day or whatnot, I don't stress like I used to.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want within reason. I allow myself to go out for a nice dinner and order whatever I want occasionally, or I indulge in fro yo at the end of a long day. But I've found my cravings for such foods has vastly decreased. I almost never eat fried food anymore, and I haven't had fast food since December. I also find when I do eat unhealthy, I want better quality food. So I'd rather have a gourmet loaded burger and sweet potato fries from the tavern downtown than a combo meal from McDonalds.
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    I used too, when I lost the majority of my weight ironically...now that I'm trying to tone and recompose, not so much.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yep
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do. I just try to control my portions. My whole goal with my weight loss journey is to do it on my regular foods. I have a family. Both my husband and I work full time and we have 2 small children. And that means trips to McDonald's, pizza nights, or subway on a baseball night, whatever it takes. I'm just learning how to do it moderately so that this can be a life long lifestyle, not a short term fix.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I sure do - everything in moderation. I figuered out a long time ago that if I deprive myself - I crave it more and go overboard.
  • monicasuze
    monicasuze Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes, I do, most of the time... but in moderation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!