Do you still eat what you want?

Options

Replies

• FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes. I plan ahead a bit, burn the extra calories on the day and make damn sure I don't go over the calorie limit, and it seems to work ok for me.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want it. Although I find that what I want isn't the same as it was 61 pounds ago and I'm not near as much of a glutton as I was or a sweets fiend. Lean meats and fruits and veggies usually with the occasion Big Mac(no sauce) or grilled chicken breast sandwich(no fries EVAR). Tonight I am going to a major league ballgame and I've saved up a great portion of my calories for that. As others have said as long as you keep within your calorie range then you should be fine eating whatever. Of course you'll have better success if you eat better foods.
  • sonny368
    sonny368 Posts: 61
    Options
    Oh yes definetely, I've found out also to have a good metabolism that forgives me my over cal sometimes...I try not to give more tha 1 meal I like per week max 2, I love Pizza for example and one per week I eat it, I mean to drop weight doesn't mean to starve or to give up the food you like...sure moderation so portion control is the key, but you learn it when you become accustomed to reduce the overall calories, then also your stomach shrink....more than that can't eat !!
  • hlindsey06
    hlindsey06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your excellent advice! I find it so hard to eat healthier when my family has no interest in it. We don't eat horrible, but I can't say that we eat leafy stuff ever.

I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks and I am happy for that, but I wish it were more!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want when I want. I just use moderation and attempt healthier choices when possible all of course below my daily limit.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Yes all the time. 6 days a week I want to eat clean calories high in protein and fiber and one day a week I want junk food. In order to have long-term success we have to eat what we want or we will eventually fail.
  • kls1616
    kls1616 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same things but I watch how much I put on my plate and I don't go back for seconds. The only thing that I have given up is tea and pop, only water these days.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I do eat pretty much what i want. I mean, not totally because otherwise i'd be eating crap all the time and i'm not, lol. I lost nearly 8 pounds this week and on Wednesday i had a very 'generous' Burger King. The key is moderation, exercise and knowing when to stop. I eat healthily the majority of the time, i stay within my calories, i work out and i find with a combination of these things the odd 'treat' meal doesn't harm my efforts. Seems to work for me!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I try to eat cleaner these days but I do occasionally eat the random not so clean food. I still make sure I'm on track with my daily calorie goal. You can definitely eat what you want and lose weight. Just moderate!
  • kls1616
    kls1616 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your excellent advice! I find it so hard to eat healthier when my family has no interest in it. We don't eat horrible, but I can't say that we eat leafy stuff ever.

I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks and I am happy for that, but I wish it were more!

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm down 16 lbs since March, it's not huge but it's something. Find a few people to walk with or go to the gym, the motivation definitely gets you moving in the right direction.
  • paulawolves71
    paulawolves71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i still eat what i want and stay with my daily calorie goal may go over a bit on a few days but that dosnt bother me as most of my diet is quite healthy .
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Since I want to be able to maintain this when I'm through, I am not making hugely drastic changes in my eating habits. Just cutting out the eating just because I am bored...If I feel like I've over done it with the calories, I just exercise more that day.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Out of necessity I had to change some things that I ate because they were just too high calorie. But I still have Pizza, eat out when I have to. I prefer to eat healthier foods because of their calorie for fullness ratio.
    I make an effort to make my food whenever possible, simply because of the calorie content.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yup for the most part, but I do plan sometimes for the week or day when I know somethign is coming up. I try not to make a habit of going over and try to avoid fried stuff. Now that being said, every now and then I have it, if I want it. This must be something I can live my life doing, do cutting out what people consider 'bad' whatever that is, just isnt an option. Not feasible nor realistic for me anyway.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthily most of the time. I do eat some of the empty calorie, overly fat foods I like on occasion, but try to keep them to a minimum.

I think some people regain weight because they can't get it into their heads that they can't eat the same way. For some people the only way to change is to eliminate foods from the diet.

Whenever I hear someone saying they're going exercise a lot so they can eat I know they have not committed to weight loss. Most people will never burn enough calories through exercise to eat all they want.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes, just a lot less of it!

I know from past failures that depriving myself completely just led to binge eating, so now, as long as I stay in my calorie total, I still have icecream, chocolate etc. I'm so much more aware of portion control now, and I've always been careful how I cooked my foods, i.e. not adding fat, trimming fat etc.

Friday night is my 'relaxed' night, and I've found over time that I'm eating much less because I'm not feeling guilty.

OK I may not be toned, but the weight is coming off nicely and the toning can come later!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I mostly try to eat healthy things, because I know I need to care for my body, but if I've got the calories for that little basket of French fries, I'll definitely have it!

I think of it as "being greedy". For 300 calories, I could eat a slice of pepperoni pizza, or I could eat a whole zucchini sauteed in butter, with a 3 oz. piece of chicken. The second option sounds like more food, so I usually go for that one :)

But you know, sometimes 28 chips are TOTALLY WORTH 240 calories :love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do eat what I want. And I do very rarely eat fast food, but it's usually out of necessity or convenience rather than "want" as most fast food is not very tasty. My preference for eating out splurges are always going to be a restaurant where someone serves me freshly prepared food along with a beer or glass of wine, preferably a locally owned place with a chef in the back.

Other times I make my own healthy dinners. I love to cook and I'm good at it so that's what I usually want.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes. What I want has changed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!