Running's a Drug

Options
13»

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My days are ALWAYS better when they start with a run. That runner's high always carries me through the day. I also find I'm more focused and energetic.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have definitely noticed it! Nothing beats the rush of endorphins after a run! Best therapy and anti-depressant out there!

Also applys to Cycling
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Running is like a gateway drug, it leads to cycling where you get the high and some serious adrenaline if you are moving fast enough on a bike. This weeks speed record was 67kmh, all time for me is 74kmh.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am new to running myself. I've never been a runner. Ran without stopping for 17 min yesterday, and I was soooo proud. I felt like a million bucks when I was done...maybe that's the "runners high" you are all speaking of? Hhhhmm....LOL
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I thought i should share this article. http://www.shape.com/fitness/cardio/truth-about-runners-high

Runner's high do exist!!!!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Adore, adore running! And certainly get the Runners high!!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE runners high...just had this discussion with some friends..evidently its like orgasms..not everyone that runs gets runners high, but when you do you will know it and definitely want it again. I have noticed though as my mileage gets higher it takes me longer distances to reach it. No biggie! I still love it!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow! I went to lunch and came back to all these great responses.

I see I'm not alone.

Running is Awesome!
  • shanaevans84
    Options
    since i haven't been able to run for 2.5 weeks now i must be going through withdrawals because my workouts are no longer fun

This happened to me too. I developed a strss fracture and had to stop running for 12 weeks. The first 3 weeks I was depressed, irritable and cried a lot. I later read that you can have withdrawls from stopping. Pretty amazing.

I was finally able to run again a few weeks ago and i almost cried it was so fantastic!!!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    ITA!! I started running because I had something to prove.... and I didn't enjoy it very much. But then suddenly one day I was in love! There is NOTHING in the world like feet pounding on pavement. Makes me feel sooo good. :)